D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnis30

WE ARE LUCAS.
Top tier: Norwalk St. Paul, Lucas, Warren JFK, Dalton
Middle tier: Plymouth, Cuyahoga Heights, Independence, Malvern, Lowellville
Bottom tier: The rest

Three weeks in, who do you like to get the #1 seed? Possible dark horse? Win the region?

Last edited:

Just my thought on the strength of the teams at this time. Not based on Harbins.

1. Lucas
2. Norwalk St Paul
3. Dalton
4. Warren JFK
5. Plymouth
6. Cuyahoga Hts
7. Independence
8. Malvern
9. Ashland Mapleton
10. Youngstown Valley Christian
11. Lowellville
12. Monroeville
13. Toronto
14. Southern
15. South Central
16. Buckeye Central
17. McDonald
18. Windham
19. Leetonia
20. Mathews
21. Jackson-Milton
22. Wellsville
23. Steubenville CC
24. David Anderson
25. Sebring McKinley
26. Fairport Harding
27. Chalker
28. Crestline
29. Ashtabula St John's

Just my thought on the strength of the teams at this time. Not based on Harbins.

1. Lucas
2. Norwalk St Paul
3. Dalton
4. Warren JFK
5. Plymouth
6. Cuyahoga Hts
7. Independence
8. Malvern
9. Ashland Mapleton
11. Lowellville
12. Monroeville
13. Toronto
14. Southern
15. South Central
16. Buckeye Central
17. McDonald
18. Windham
19. Leetonia
20. Mathews
21. Jackson-Milton
22. Wellsville
23. Steubenville CC
24. David Anderson
25. Sebring McKinley
26. Fairport Harding
27. Chalker
28. Crestline
29. Ashtabula St John's
I'd say that's a solid ranking

1. Lucas
2. Norwalk St Paul
3. Dalton
4. Warren JFK
5. Plymouth
6. Cuyahoga Hts
7. Independence
8. Malvern
9. Ashland Mapleton
11. Lowellville
12. Monroeville
13. Toronto
14. Southern
15. South Central
16. Buckeye Central
17. McDonald
18. Windham
19. Leetonia
20. Mathews
21. Jackson-Milton
22. Wellsville
23. Steubenville CC
24. David Anderson
25. Sebring McKinley
26. Fairport Harding
27. Chalker
28. Crestline
29. Ashtabula St John's
Valley Christian at 10 is pretty generous, imo. They have the athletisicim, but they make so many mistakes it's laughable. Their game vs McDonald was horrible. McDonald has no defense.

The teams you have within the top 16 I would agree with. Mathews has a good shot of making the top 16.

Valley Christian at 10 is pretty generous, imo. They have the athletisicim, but they make so many mistakes it's laughable. Their game vs McDonald was horrible. McDonald has no defense.

The teams you have within the top 16 I would agree with. Mathews has a good shot of making the top 16.
The VCS McDonald game was frustrating to watch. Soooo many penalties, receivers don't know how to line up. Valley at 10 is more of an overall weakness of region 25. However right now I would Lowellville ahead of Valley

The VCS McDonald game was frustrating to watch. Soooo many penalties, receivers don't know how to line up. Valley at 10 is more of an overall weakness of region 25. However right now I would Lowellville ahead of Valley
I should’ve counted how many pentalities there were. Had to be at least 10 in the first quarter.

1. Lucas
2. Norwalk St Paul
3. Dalton
4. Warren JFK
5. Plymouth
6. Cuyahoga Hts
7. Independence
8. Malvern
9. Ashland Mapleton
11. Lowellville
12. Monroeville
13. Toronto
14. Southern
15. South Central
16. Buckeye Central
17. McDonald
18. Windham
19. Leetonia
20. Mathews
21. Jackson-Milton
22. Wellsville
23. Steubenville CC
24. David Anderson
25. Sebring McKinley
26. Fairport Harding
27. Chalker
28. Crestline
29. Ashtabula St John's
Plymouth almost made my top tier. They have got some dudes this year. Their RB, Shae Sparks, is an absolute stud. We'll see if they make the top tier come weeks 5, 6 and 8. The Firelands is loaded this year.

Last edited:
There he is. Wondering where you been.

News flash: Cam Hollobaugh isn't wearing JFK colors anymore, my man.
He's wearing #50 at Walsh University and on the travel squad. I'm well aware. And Lucas doesn't have your son anymore or an athlete that even compares to him. Is he still at AU?

He's wearing #50 at Walsh University and on the travel squad. I'm well aware. And Lucas doesn't have your son anymore or an athlete that even compares to him. Is he still at AU?
Nope. They pulled his scholly, along with a ton of other freshamn, so he left. The reasoning? Covid related financial loses is what he was told. They granted the AU seniors an extra year of eligibilty, so the freshman were doomed. They wanted him to stay and play (he was 2nd team ILB at the time), but he told them he wasn't paying 120k to play football for 4 years. He isn't playing sports at the moment. I'm not giving up on him eventually getting back into baseball, but we'll see. He is currently enrolled at NC State pursing his PTA degree. Breaks my heart, man. Covid has stolen so much from the Class of 2020. Ended their basketball season (26-1 at the time), no senior year of baseball or track, lost his scholarship at AU. Ugh.

Nope. They pulled his scholly, along with a ton of other freshamn, so he left. The reasoning? Covid related financial loses is hwta he was told. They granted the seniors an extra year of eligibilty, so the freshman were doomed. They wanted him to stay and play (he was 2nd team ILB at the time), but he told them he wasn't paying 120k to play football for 4 years. He isn't playing sports at the moment. I'm not giving up on him eventually getting back into baseball, but we'll see. H eis currently enrolled at NC State pursing his PTA degree. Breaks my heart, man. Covid has stolen so much from the Class of 2020. End their basketball season, no baseball or track, lost his scholarship at AU. Ugh.
That is BS they did that to him. Im sorry man.

Nope. They pulled his scholly, along with a ton of other freshamn, so he left. The reasoning? Covid related financial loses is what he was told. They granted the AU seniors an extra year of eligibilty, so the freshman were doomed. They wanted him to stay and play (he was 2nd team ILB at the time), but he told them he wasn't paying 120k to play football for 4 years. He isn't playing sports at the moment. I'm not giving up on him eventually getting back into baseball, but we'll see. He is currently enrolled at NC State pursing his PTA degree. Breaks my heart, man. Covid has stolen so much from the Class of 2020. Ended their basketball season (26-1 at the time), no senior year of baseball or track, lost his scholarship at AU. Ugh.
The best decision he'll have made his in his life, at least to date, is cutting bait on Ashland for undergrad. That situation sucks, but I also have kinda felt that Ashland willfully chooses to not be a bad actor on the package they sell to high school football kids. D2 Football is basically keeping that school afloat given that kids in north central Ohio (waning population) often pursue other post-HS opportunities like the trades, the OSU system (Mansfield and Marion campuses) and the Ashland price-tag really is a lot for many families. Not to mention that AU is kind of a hard place to get lots of kids really interested in attending for a couple other non-academic/non-program reasons.

What he's doing now is going to be way better for his future. Staying at Ashland would've been great, of course, if he still had the scholarship. Faced with adversity, he made the choice that is far wiser for himself in the short-term and long-term. Kudos to him -- your boy was a great player, and he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

He'll get his opportunity to play again soon. How soon can he complete his PTA program? A place that could be of interest to him if he wants to get a Master's in Exercise Science would be Tiffin, and I'm sure those coaches would be willing to talk about it in a year or two.

The best decision he'll have made his in his life, at least to date, is cutting bait on Ashland for undergrad. That situation sucks, but I also have kinda felt that Ashland willfully chooses to not be a bad actor on the package they sell to high school football kids. D2 Football is basically keeping that school afloat given that kids in north central Ohio (waning population) often pursue other post-HS opportunities like the trades, the OSU system (Mansfield and Marion campuses) and the Ashland price-tag really is a lot for many families. Not to mention that AU is kind of a hard place to get lots of kids really interested in attending for a couple other non-academic/non-program reasons.

What he's doing now is going to be way better for his future. Staying at Ashland would've been great, of course, if he still had the scholarship. Faced with adversity, he made the choice that is far wiser for himself in the short-term and long-term. Kudos to him -- your boy was a great player, and he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

He'll get his opportunity to play again soon. How soon can he complete his PTA program? A place that could be of interest to him if he wants to get a Master's in Exercise Science would be Tiffin, and I'm sure those coaches would be willing to talk about it in a year or two.
He is basically just starting his journey towards his PTA degree. He would be willing to listen to anyone who would offer him a scholarship. He is a gym rat and has stayed in phenominal shape since leaving Ashland. The Ashland experience turned him off for awhile, but he has been showing interest of playing sports again.

Last edited:
NSP
JFK
Dalton
Lucas
C-Heights

Could swap Lucas/Dalton. - Could swap the privates. Weird year to read anything, but the usual players are still fielding teams, so…

Fair enough, lol. Everyone has big games coming up. I am excited to see what happens in the next couple of weeks!
Big, big game coming up. Gonna be fun!

NSP vs Plymouth, Western Reserve, Crestview
Lucas vs Western Hills, Canton CC, Fort Loramie, Mogadore
JFK vs Mogadore, Rootstown, Cleveland CC, Southeast
Dalton vs Hillsdale, Norwayne

Last edited:
Question: Have my Cubs and your Flyers ever squared off?
Believe it or not, Lucas and St. Paul HAVE squared off in the past, albeit a long time ago. My records only go back to 1972, but since then, they've played 4 times (all in week 1, all on Saturdays):

9/9/72: St. Paul 6-0, at Lucas
9/8/73: St. Paul 42-8, at Norwalk
9/7/74: St. Paul 7-6, at Lucas
9/6/75: St. Paul 13-0, at Norwalk

Believe it or not, Lucas and St. Paul HAVE squared off in the past, albeit a long time ago. My records only go back to 1972, but since then, they've played 4 times (all in week 1, all on Saturdays):

St. Paul and St. Mary CC was a long time Week 1 Rivalry, so I wonder if it started in 1976?

I figured it may be lopsided. The Cubs played hard back then, but didn't win a bunch of games. Thank you! Looks like they played some good ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.