How are politics affecting HS sports?

Soon as I read the title I thought this was all about Covid and people reacting out of fear to it.

In the southwest region of the state I think there are more patriotic enthusiasts who stand strong against team kneelings relative to the national anthem.

Certainly can not charge a teenage young man with same condemnation for kneeling as a Kapernick age adult.
When one considers the amount of brainwashing some kids get in some schools these days, if the parent(s) is/are dumb, the kids have little shot at a realistic perspective of anything.

Honestly, these kids need to have a sit down with a refugee and see how fortunate they are to be here. I know we have our problems but not nearly as bad as most other countries.
Just heard Cleveland City Council Joe Cimperman say, "Give us every Afghan refugee you have".

I'll leave the jokes to you guys

It is impossible for a person’s actions to “offend“ another person. One can not project a reaction to another person. You choose to be offended. It is a reaction that you control. It would be a horrible way to live your life trying to avoid any action that could cause nut jobs to be offended.
Like taking candy from a baby.

So, if your sitting at a restaurant eating, and two naked chicks (Nancy Palosi and Hillary Clinton circa 2021) walk directly in front of your line of sight your not going to be offended by their actions? I bet whoever has to clean up your puke will be offended..... just a little bit?

Like taking candy from a baby.

So, if your sitting at a restaurant eating, and two naked chicks (Nancy Palosi and Hillary Clinton circa 2021) walk directly in front of your line of sight your not going to be offended by their actions? I bet whoever has to clean up your puke will be offended..... just a little bit?
Nope. Not one bit. I would get a good chuckle out of it.

another utter fool. Today’s R/conservative is at war with

liberal Ds
Moderate Ds
Conservative Ds
Liberal independents
Moderate indies
Conservative indies
Liberal Rs
Moderate Rs
Conservative Rs ( these are rinos according to today’s extreme idiots)

No, sir. YOU are the problem. Whacked out, at war and creating a world of problems FOR EVERYONE ELSE.
Well that might be true if a was a Republican or a Conservative, but unfortunately I align on most issues with liberals. I am a moderate Democrat at best. The difference between you and I, is that I am not blindly loyal to any party or politician and can see the stupidity on both sides. Again, if you think Dems are innocent in the problems setting this country back, only one of us is an utter fool.

First I’m white , in my 70s and had a father who flew bombers in WWII, was shot down ,had members of his crew killed and spent time in a POW camp. He is rolling over in his grave. Today’s Rs/conservatives are off the charts. Looking to pick a fight everywhere. Many in here identify as those who stormed the Capital back in January - have mental issues, are pariahs in their own communities, have failures in their lives that they blame on others and are at best Neanderthals dying out as they never grew with the developing society. Outraged that a black man got elected Prez. Upset that black people still protest the continuing racism practiced against them. Nationalism in all its ugly ,disgusting ways. But wanting to profess their “grievances” as the dominate pampered segment of society that doesn’t want to “get along”.
You only see the goofy guy with buffalo horns at the Capitol and equate him to “the echo chamber”.
You are no different then what you say the “echo chamber” is.

You can’t be serious with this one… “Neanderthals dying out as they never grew with the developing society.”
Children deciding they want to change their sex so adults willingly give them drugs to do permanent life long damage…
Is this part of the developing society you are referencing in your diatribe?

Ok, we live in a democracy that preaches freedom, liberty, and justice for all. A lot of people don’t believe our country protects that for African Americans. Taking a knee is a form of freedom of speech utilized to protest this belief. It is obviously a non violent symbolic protest. When it comes to race in America we could have, should have done better. We lived in a country where racism was legal from the early 17th century until the 1970’s, over 350 years. The ill feeling created by our history is not going to go away overnight, especially without everyone really working at it. Many believe it is healthy to protest obvious injustices nonviolently.
When that is done during the anthem, regardless of what the kneelers' claimed intent is, they essentially begin a complaint with, "Forget that old stuff and look at us.". They elevate their cause over remembering those men and women that have died for our freedom, including the freedom to protest. Maybe, if these people had the class to wait their turn, they wouldn't be held in disdain ? Crazy thought huh?!

Kaep was a self-aggrandizing idiot with dividing or cowing people in America as his goal. Same with LeBoob. These kids are just pawns.

The original purpose of kneeling by Kap I thought was to protest the mistreatment of African Americans by the police more specifically white police officers thus is why he also had the word PIGS on his shoes. I never interpreted it as kneeling because of racial injustice unless the two are actually the same issue. Kneeling IMO has kind calmed down for the most part but if it rears it's ugly head and becomes common place or much worse in sports IMO again whitey will find somewhere else to spend his entertainment dollars. Attendance kinda dipped the last time but only for a short while next time it will get much worse and for a longer period of time. One thing I learned during the shutdown was I can actually do without sports. You just find different things to watch and that could include McKinley sports especially if they continue to lose. It just won't be worth the aggravation.

Not really. The servicemen that I feel the Anthem honors will be the same servicemen protecting their (this Mennonite family) AMERICAN arses. So, yes, I have a problem with that too. If you are making your way in, in a bathroom line or otherwise moving about, I typically don’t care too much. If you are seated and waiting for the game,I expect your AMERICAN citizen arse to stand.

Aren’t Mennonites exempt from military service in the event of a Draft? Definitely something I don’t agree with if so.
Good news/bad news scenario here.

Many Menno/Amish could - and I believe many would - quickly become tremendous assets hand to hand/small arms on our own dirt if battle came here.

Bad news - Jesus may take them first.

another utter fool. Today’s R/conservative is at war with

liberal Ds
Moderate Ds
Conservative Ds
Liberal independents
Moderate indies
Conservative indies
Liberal Rs
Moderate Rs
Conservative Rs ( these are rinos according to today’s extreme idiots)

No, sir. YOU are the problem. Whacked out, at war and creating a world of problems FOR EVERYONE ELSE.
You’re compiling a list like a good Nazi, right?

Well that might be true if a was a Republican or a Conservative, but unfortunately I align on most issues with liberals. I am a moderate Democrat at best. The difference between you and I, is that I am not blindly loyal to any party or politician and can see the stupidity on both sides. Again, if you think Dems are innocent in the problems setting this country back, only one of us is an utter fool.
It’s well established that today’s Rs/conservatives are at war with even members of their own party as they ID conservative Rs as rinos - not extreme enough. Your description of yourself is not being bought. The reality is an open sewer of QAnon, conspiracy theories nutjobs trying to hide their racist , bigoted, cheap politics and pass themselves off as righteous Americans. Sell your BS elsewhere

It’s well established that today’s Rs/conservatives are at war with even members of their own party as they ID conservative Rs as rinos - not extreme enough. Your description of yourself is not being bought. The reality is an open sewer of QAnon, conspiracy theories nutjobs trying to hide their racist , bigoted, cheap politics and pass themselves off as righteous Americans. Sell your BS elsewhere
Never once read a QAnon anything. Don't watch Fox News. In fact don't watch, CNN or MSNBC either. Find some humor in conspiracy theories, but that's about it. Have voted Democrat in every presidential election since 1996 (first one I could vote in) except one (2020). My truly conservative friends are constantly on me for being a communist. I don't care if Kap takes a knee during the anthem, but I also don't care if Jerry Jones tells Cowboys players they will stand or find a new team. I think Covid is real, but overblown. I think vaccines are a choice but fully support whatever choice a person makes. Mostly, I just want to be left alone. You on the other hand, are a self righteous think you know it all, who is either too stupid or doesn't care enough to see that the American political system is broken and both sides are at fault. I am far from a righteous anything. At this point, I think both sides suck and I'm not sure I will vote again until there is a major turnover on both sides.

You don't see kneeling in a non violent protest as creating poor race relations on the part of how whites view blacks?

Speaking just on a personal level, I find kneeling during our anthem to be a serious and offensive statement. As an employer I will go out of my way to help any individual who earnestly wants to make a better life but needs opportunity or education to accomplish that goal. I will not help those who are bitter against the past and believe I owe them an opportunity.

Would it not be better for all involved if we as a nation turned the page on past wrongs rather than continuing to make a public statement in front of people about how bad our country was in the past? Most every person alive today had little to nothing to do with the past prior to 1970, but we all can attempt to positively move forward.

When such outward statements reach high school sports, I will not support those teams that express themselves in such a non verbal manner.

Link?

I guarantee Nate Boyer doesn’t speak for all past and present service people. Hope this helps
Yes, but that particular Veteran is the one that told Kap to kneel because it was more respectful than other displays of protest, and Kap took his advice.

In retrospect, Krap got some bad advice then.??

You're always going to be black Hub. Does it really matter? Kaepernick is fond of Fidel Castro. The guy is using everyone. Carry on if you must. BLM sucks
1630446523284.png

“Y’all” is kind of a Southern word. I think we should work it out of common usage. It has to be deeply offensive to persons of color.
“We March err… riot, you are mad”
“We resist arrest, you are mad”
“We yell loudly overtop of coherent thought, you are mad.”
“ We die, because we again, resisted arrest, you are mad.”

Might sell more of those^^^.

We all die. Just so happens Blacks kill one another at an alarming rate. Bad man whitey not doing it. Cops aren't doing it. It's mostly Black on Black. Doesn't make it right and I take no satisfaction at all saying it. Come up with a plan to stop it. The Plantation don't care about Black folk. Imo
“Y’all” is kind of a Southern word. I think we should work it out of common usage. It has to be deeply offensive to persons of color.
“We March err… riot, you are mad”
“We resist arrest, you are mad”
“We yell loudly overtop of coherent thought, you are mad.”
“ We die, because we again, resisted arrest, you are mad.”

Might sell more of those^^^.