AP News is a joke

So the article was biased because they did not caveat the mayor quote? Should they have just caveated his quote or in the spirit of fairness. should they have caveated the directors quote too?
Maybe not include the Mayor's quote at all. The Mayor of a podunk town is just some random guy with an agenda that was clearly wrong. But it was fun for the "journalist" to get his little dig in at the enemy.

And we know that the "journalist community" supports these off the wall comments because they are chose not to roast this Mayor for his clearly ideologically incendiary comment right after a tragedy. Do you think that if a conservative Mayor had called it a "murderous lover's spat" he would have gotten his quote in the paper without the loaded words the AP chooses? We all know that "conservative Mayor" would have been roasted by the MSM but that type of quote is just the opposite side of the political coin.

What amazes me is that this was clearly bad behavior by the Mayor and the "journalist" but people still won't hold them accountable.

If the AP had a conservative bias, they could have said:

States baseless claim of smooth election, despite Trump’s proof​

Would you consider that a neutral headline or a loaded headline?

Maybe not include the Mayor's quote at all. The Mayor of a podunk town is just some random guy with an agenda that was clearly wrong. But it was fun for the "journalist" to get his little dig in at the enemy.

And we know that the "journalist community" supports these off the wall comments because they are chose not to roast this Mayor for his clearly ideologically incendiary comment right after a tragedy. Do you think that if a conservative Mayor had called it a "murderous lover's spat" he would have gotten his quote in the paper without the loaded words the AP chooses? We all know that "conservative Mayor" would have been roasted by the MSM but that type of quote is just the opposite side of the political coin.

What amazes me is that this was clearly bad behavior by the Mayor and the "journalist" but people still won't hold them accountable.
They could elect not to include the quote from the mayor. By that rationale, they also should not include a quote from the director since it is a podunk chorus he runs, right?

Or just maybe when there are relevant statements readily available for a breaking story from public officials and people close to the situation, best practice says to include them. Breitbart would not even have a story to spin if the quotes were not in the wire so I bet they are happy with the content from the AP. What do you think?

I'm not sure what you guys have against accountability. Instead of blaming the dumb a** mayor, you spend your time throwing a hissy fit about the AP wire for reporting what he said. You guys have lost your minds.

OK. I will make a deal with you. If you say you have no issue with the AP reporting of the story, I will deeply and sincerely apologize for insinuating you did based on your post. Until you state it clearly one way or the other, I will stand by my statement that your grievance is misguided. I'm ready when you are. I'll just wait.
The ball hasn't left your court since you started your false claim about what I posted yesterday. And now you want a deal. I don't do false deals and I don't do false options. There's no condition I need to meet. This is on you to correct, not me.

There's nothing I need to provide at this point. I've already pointed out the answer several times, and you have continually refused to acknowledge or re-read it when it's been in front of you the whole time.

So the only hole so far is the one you've dug yourself into, as I'm still topside looking down, and marveling at how you've worn your shovel down to the handle.

You have only play here - admit your error, and your inability to acknowledge it. Go back and read the posts I referenced earlier, and maybe you'll start to see some light. That may help. This is a chance for you to correct the record on your own. You've let it go far too long, but better late than never.

Last edited:
The ball hasn't left your court since you started your false claim about what I posted yesterday. And now you want a deal. I don't do false deals, because there's nothing to dispute here. There's no condition I need to meet..

There's nothing I need to provide at this point, because I've already pointed out the answer several times, and you have continually refused to acknowledge or re-read it when it's been in front of you the whole time.

So the only hole so far is the one you've dug yourself into, as I'm still topside looking down, and marveling at how you've worn your shovel down to the handle.

You have only play here - admit your error, and your inability to acknowledge it. Go back and read the posts I referenced earlier, and maybe you'll start to see some light. That may help. This is a chance for you to correct the record on your own. You've let it go far too long, but better late than never.
I really have no interest in a deal. I just told you I would apologize if I misjudged your post for an idiot that is blaming the AP article. I offered to apologize if you made it clear that you don't blame the AP. If you do blame the AP, then I was correct about my characterization and there is no need to apologize.

It seems you are opting to ignore which is pretty much what I predicted earlier. Again, happy to be proven wrong.

1. Agree with me and say he has no issue with the AP reporting of the story and I will apologize.
2. Disagree with me and blame the AP, but in doing so admit that I never mischaracterized his position.
3. Be a chickensh*t liar, and just ignore the central question.

I offered to apologize if you made it clear that you don't blame the AP. If you do blame the AP, then I was correct about my characterization and there is no need to apologize.
Your offer is an insincere one, since there is no "if" involved.

I've already posted the answer multiple times. You've already been proven wrong. And yet you continually want an answer. That smacks of disingenuousness. Therefore, your pious options are false ones. I don't need to meet a single condition. On the other hand, you need to admit you posted incorrectly about the subject you're referring with respect to my original post that started this exchange. If you are saying you are incapable of doing that, it doesn't speak well about your integrity. I recommend you take your fake options and store them away, maybe you'll find an unsuspecting person to use them on.

No more games. You know what you need to do.

You know, if you're going to criticize an article and its author, it would be helpful if you would link it in the original post so we all know what you're talking about instead of a Breitbart piece commenting on the story and still doesn't link to. Otherwise, the rest of us have to guess.

Is this the article you take issue with?

If so, it contains this portion:

It's entirely possible that bolded part was added later. That's part of the beauty of online journalism - it can be updated as more details are presented. But I don't know... no one made reference to the story in its initial form before they started shaking their fists.

Prov is right. Unless the author says the act was intentional, they owe no bit of apology or correction. When a news story quotes a source, all they're doing is telling the reader 'Person A said X', not 'we say X'.
AP wire should have said. Tragic incident occurred during Parade in Miami. We are working on further details. Then factual updates occur. You don't add or subtract to a communication. You run factual updates. Damn journalism is dead. Period The AP is trash, just ask Israel. Hamas loves the AP, they provide great shields.

AP wire should have said. Tragic incident occurred during Parade in Miami. We are working on further details. Then factual updates occur. You don't add or subtract to a communication. You run factual updates. Damn journalism is dead. Period The AP is trash, just ask Israel. Hamas loves the AP, they provide great shields.
They never reported anything but facts.

If the AP had a conservative bias, they could have said:

States baseless claim of smooth election, despite Trump’s proof​

Would you consider that a neutral headline or a loaded headline?
Loaded. Lol.

The MSM definitely reports with slant. No doubt about it. However, Fox and OAN and Newsmax do the exact same the other way. Agree?

They would not have a wire customer if they did that. Why would a media company pay for wire reports that suppresses available information? How epically dumb.

Your offer is an insincere one, since there is no "if" involved.

I've already posted the answer multiple times. You've already been proven wrong. And yet you continually want an answer. That smacks of disingenuousness. Therefore, your pious options are false ones. I don't need to meet a single condition. On the other hand, you need to admit you posted incorrectly about the subject you're referring with respect to my original post that started this exchange. If you are saying you are incapable of doing that, it doesn't speak well about your integrity. I recommend you take your fake options and store them away, maybe you'll find an unsuspecting person to use them on.

No more games. You know what you need to do.
#3 I see. Thought so.

#3 I see. Thought so.
Interesting. You just flat-out lied again here, and in a truly craven and brazen fashion. Your web is so tangled that you're too afraid to tell the truth, too afraid to admit you misspoke, and at the same time you're proud of your continued falsehoods. It's truly remarkable, and not in a positive way.

I think you can change, but you've got to lower those self-imposed barriers in your brain first. I'll continue to hope for the best for you.

Last edited:
Interesting. You just flat-out lied again here, and in a truly craven and brazen fashion. Your web is so tangled that you're too afraid to tell the truth, too afraid to admit you misspoke, and at the same time you're proud of your continued falsehoods. It's truly remarkable, and not in a positive way.

I think you can change, but you've got to lower those self-imposed barriers in your brain first. I'll continue to hope for the best for you.
LOL. I never lied. I told you if you did not blame the AP I would apologize. If you did, I would not because there would be no reason. Pretty simple. What are you scared of? Do you think the AP wrote a biased fake news story about this event?

I'm sure if someone plowed into a group of conservatives and a mayor blamed a crazed Biden supporter the media would uncritically run with that quote.

We were recently told the motivation of the guy who shot up the Republican baseball practice was unknown. Anyone believe there would be a benefit of the doubt if the opposite had occurred?

A real reporter would have said:

States cite smooth election, despite Trump’s claims​

Is it really that hard to try and remain neutral?
The word "baseless" does provide an element of measureability (is there a base to the claim or is there not?) which makes the headline a statement of fact. That's not bias.

The story was not misleading in the slightest. It described the events and included quotes. Those quotes included the mayor, the choir director, and the police. It was as balanced as a story could possible be. The mayor said it was on purpose. The director said indications are it was an accident. The police said no determination has been found and the investigation is underway which is where were last night.
Get a clue it was an accident and you want to believe the AP story and the Mayor because that's just the way you roll. The AP jump to conclusions based on the Mayor's quote because it fits their anti-Trump and anti-conservative diatribe. Quit sniffing news medias arse and get a clue.

Get a clue it was an accident and you want to believe the AP story and the Mayor because that's just the way you roll. The AP jump to conclusions based on the Mayor's quote because it fits their anti-Trump and anti-conservative diatribe. Quit sniffing news medias arse and get a clue.
More BS. From my first post on this subject I said the mayor was at fault for his stupid statement. All I did was explain how wire services work because you idiots obviously have no clue and I defended the AP feed as 100% accurate. It was. You nut jobs want to suppress news. Control what is available to people. True or false, you don’t want anybody to read what the mayor said. Guess what? Your approach is all wrong. He said a dumb thing, everybody knows it, and he has to clean up his mess. Blaming AP a for including his and other quotes in their wire is insane.

I'm sure if someone plowed into a group of conservatives and a mayor blamed a crazed Biden supporter the media would uncritically run with that quote.

We were recently told the motivation of the guy who shot up the Republican baseball practice was unknown. Anyone believe there would be a benefit of the doubt if the opposite had occurred?
Are you insinuating the quote would have been buried?