Dad dumps 80,000 pennies in front yard, last child support payment.

Classic. Kudos to him. The system is so set against dad's.
So fathers shouldn't have to help support their children? Think you can come up with better examples of the system hurting the father than this. He was simply a dead beat who didn't even take the time to get to know his kid.

So fathers shouldn't have to help support their children? Think you can come up with better examples of the system hurting the father than this. He was simply a dead beat who didn't even take the time to get to know his kid.
Just saying the system is jacked against the dad's. That is no secret.

The system is largely county based in Ohio. You may find some county DR courts that have a bias, but it isn't state-wide. Also, the bias, if any, is in generally in regard to custody and visitation, not in child support. Child support is generally just a mathematical calculation based upon incomes.

You're not wrong, but just based on the little bit in the article it didn't sound like he was real involved in his daughter's life. Divorced or not, no one is keeping me away from my kids without a fight.
I am just speaking in general and nothing about this jagoff. I always laugh when this stuff happens as it is likely at some point the system totally f d with the man.

I am just speaking in general and nothing about this jagoff. I always laugh when this stuff happens as it is likely at some point the system totally f d with the man.
Yes, by expecting him to support a child he wanted nothing to do with. Sounds like it was the kid who got screwed.

But if you asked him....the system has been screwing him forever

You're not wrong, but just based on the little bit in the article it didn't sound like he was real involved in his daughter's life. Divorced or not, no one is keeping me away from my kids without a fight.
I'm wondering if he lost that fight early, and if the ex-wife wouldn't let him see his own child. Hard to judge without more info about the situation and how long it's been going on. But yeah, not a smart move if he were ever to hope for a possible reconciliation with the daughter.

I'm wondering if he lost that fight early, and if the ex-wife wouldn't let him see his own child. Hard to judge without more info about the situation and how long it's been going on. But yeah, not a smart move if he were ever to hope for a possible reconciliation with the daughter.
If he wanted to see his kid the court would've allowed him to.

If he wanted to see his kid the court would've allowed him to.
If you have personal experience in this area or personally familiar with this case, I'll take your word for it. However, like I said, we'd need to more about the situation before knowing for sure.

Last edited:
If you have personal experience in this area or personally familiar with this case, I'll take your word for it. However, like I said, we'd need to more about the situation before knowing for sure.
I do. If the courts ordering him to pay then he can also petition for some sort of visitation agreement. Well unless the court rules he's unfit for some reason. Sounds like this guy was just pissed he had to pay for a kid he didn't care about

Easy to judge when you don't know the backstory. Did she cheat on the guy then call the cops when he got mad? Has the money always gone to the daughter or is it supporting mom and her latest boyfriend? Has mom poisoned the daughter's mind so the daughter doesn't want to see him?

Was it a d!ck move? Yessir. But I still rank him ahead of the dead beats who refuse to get a job so they don't have to pay child support.

And knowing the pattern of the OP, what's the racial angle? Must be a white guy.

JRE podcast recently in the last month discussed the anti-feminist perspective of alimony and child support. Not as much child support but that alimony is archaic because it presumes that a woman can't make enough money on her own with her own intelligence, talents, skill sets so there must always be a man to provide for her in some way shape or form. The basic conclusion at the end of the discussion (forget who the guest was) was that women SHOULD be anti-alimony or at least feminists should be anti-alimony.

JRE podcast recently in the last month discussed the anti-feminist perspective of alimony and child support. Not as much child support but that alimony is archaic because it presumes that a woman can't make enough money on her own with her own intelligence, talents, skill sets so there must always be a man to provide for her in some way shape or form. The basic conclusion at the end of the discussion (forget who the guest was) was that women SHOULD be anti-alimony or at least feminists should be anti-alimony.
Had a buddy who had a daughter from early in life that he was paying child support on. He never contested that he should pay but her mother made seeing her a real pain. He would schedule his 2 weeks in the summer and then all the sudden she was going to space camp for those 2 weeks or something.
Baby mama got remarried to a guy who made a bunch of money and wanted to change the daughters last name. My buddy went back to school full time to get his degree and requested of the courts to allow him to pay a lesser amount while he was in school and he would be willing to make up the difference when he graduated. Court ended up granting it but baby mama did not like it at all and wouldn't let him see his daughter for like 2 years. The daughter will now have nothing to do with him and I can't help but think that some of that is on her mom.

All that to say that courts need to do a better job of taking into account the entire picture when setting child support amounts and also make sure that the payer gets to see their kids regularly unless there is a valid reason not to.