Are you a true West Sider??

I go to Silverglades all the time on 8th Street. I am not fond of walnuts so I always get their smoked chicken salad on a croissant. Its good. As good as what I got at Chicken Salad Chick's, but I am still working my way through their menu.
Had two of Chicken Salad Chicks flavors today, regular and chicken bacon ranch. Both were good, the chicken bacon ranch was my favorite of the two. I still like Silverglade’s better but I certainly would go back to CSC.

Had Family member tell me the prices went up at Christines but the quality of the food went down. Someone please tell this is not the case.

I have been anxiously watching the construction but somehow I missed the announced reopening:

This was a good example of people standing up for their neighborhood and the bureaucrats taking notice and responding to the demands of the neighborhood. Good going East Price Hill and thank you to the Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library.

I have been anxiously watching the construction but somehow I missed the announced reopening:

This was a good example of people standing up for their neighborhood and the bureaucrats taking notice and responding to the demands of the neighborhood. Good going East Price Hill and thank you to the Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library.

One of my earliest memories is going to Overlook Library when it was located on Relleum Ave before moving to Heuwerth Ave. On google maps the Relleum location is now a Taxi Dispatch business. I believe now the Overlook Library is located on Glenway Avenue next to Covedale Playhouse. Over the last 50+ years that library sure was moved around. Where is the library mentioned above located? Is it by the old District 3 police station on Warsaw?

One of my earliest memories is going to Overlook Library when it was located on Relleum Ave before moving to Heuwerth Ave. On google maps the Relleum location is now a Taxi Dispatch business. I believe now the Overlook Library is located on Glenway Avenue next to Covedale Playhouse. Over the last 50+ years that library sure was moved around. Where is the library mentioned above located? Is it by the old District 3 police station on Warsaw?

Yes, it is on Warsaw by the old District 3. Expansion is in the back of the original building with views of the park/baseball field. I think it is/was called Dempsey Park.

Yes, it is on Warsaw by the old District 3. Expansion is in the back of the original building with views of the park/baseball field. I think it is/was called Dempsey Park.
Played in a softball league at Dempsey one year. The local kids would bury broken glass in front of home plate and the bases.

That is Dempsey Park. I remember some pretty good Men’s Slow Pitch Softball Games there as a kid. Evans Field always had the most glass on it! FC Cincinnati put some type of soccer field in at Dempsey in the last few years?

Oh my. Appreciate your input. Will be going Thursday.
I was there last night and thought the food and service were both good, We were in the back room and they only had one girl taking care of it and I thought she die a great job. They were crowded and I see parking being their biggest problem. People were parking in the businesses around Christines and I saw one guy walking from the Western Bowl lot

I was there last night and thought the food and service were both good, We were in the back room and they only had one girl taking care of it and I thought she die a great job. They were crowded and I see parking being their biggest problem. People were parking in the businesses around Christines and I saw one guy walking from the Western Bowl lot

Went Thursday for lunch. Food and service were both good also. Even called the family member who gave me the “bad review” and told him to give them another shot one day.

Great Parks of Hamilton County is hosting a series of Zoom meetings to unveil their new master plan. The Zoom meeting for the west region parks (Miami Whitewater Forest, Fernbank Park, Embshoff Woods, Shawnee Lookout, Mitchell Memorial Forest, Campbell Lakes Preserve, Oak Glen Nature Preserve and properties along the Whitewater River corridor) is Tuesday, Mat 18th at 6:30 PM.

There's information about how to participate here: https://mygreatparks.com/participate/

Great Parks of Hamilton County is hosting a series of Zoom meetings to unveil their new master plan. The Zoom meeting for the west region parks (Miami Whitewater Forest, Fernbank Park, Embshoff Woods, Shawnee Lookout, Mitchell Memorial Forest, Campbell Lakes Preserve, Oak Glen Nature Preserve and properties along the Whitewater River corridor) is Tuesday, Mat 18th at 6:30 PM.

There's information about how to participate here: https://mygreatparks.com/participate/

Shawnee Lookout old golf course?

The parks solicited feedback in 2019-2020 online and in person. One of the questions asked of people about west region parks was what to do with the old Shawnee Lookout golf course.

Given the closure of the Shawnee Lookout Golf Course, we asked how you think this park of the park should be used. The top responses included:

Shawnee-Golf-Course-Ideas-1024x258.png

More survey results here: https://mygreatparks.com/west-region-engagement-events-yield-valuable-feedback/

I walked through the Price Hill branch of the Public Library on my lunch today. The new library is great. I was a little disappointed that the part that is actually in the old Carnegie building consists of office and meeting space and the entire collection of lending material is in the new addition. Still, I am glad they preserved the old building while making the branch larger and more accessible while preserving the streetscape and the façade of the old building.

I went to the chicken salad place this week and thought it was well staffed with good food. I also went to the Cajun and Asian Fusion place by Lourdes and walked out. The menu was impossible to understand/read and it was crazy expensive. They will be closed by end of summer.

After almost 12 years of construction. (first line of story. that seems extraordinarily long for any project)
12 years is a long time. It was a cutting edge, massive project though. I had hoped that it would have actually restored the Lick Run creek rather than "bioengineer" it. It is not a natural stream but a very large recirculating fountain. All in all, I am still glad it was done and hope that as the trees and other plants mature it will take on a more natural appearance.

Last edited:
After almost 12 years of construction. (first line of story. that seems extraordinarily long for any project)
It looks so much better down there.

I am pretty certain that this has been under construction for way more than 12 years. I was working in that area in 2008 and I swear I was dealing with that construction back then.

There’s no doubt it’s a nice result but IMO it went way beyond the scope of fixing the combined sewer problem. This project should not have been entirely paid for water and sewer rate payers. It is not MSD’s function to renew and revitalize entire neighborhoods. The spending by that entity is way out of control.

Things really do look nice down there. My wife and I are going to take a stroll down there some time this weekend.
Yes, things do look very nice and clean. I hope it stays that way and the people in the surrounding area take pride in this unique park-like setting.
When I visit the West-side I am definitely checking it out :)

With all of the KI related posts, I saved this until things settled down. I guess it may not for a while. I wanted to describe my evening in East Price Hill last weekend. First, my wife, myself and our 2 year old granddaughter had dinner on the patio at the Incline Public House. Beautiful evening and a great meal. I then suggested we check out the new playground I had heard about in Mt. Echo Park. The new playground is all the way back by the baseball diamond (grown over) and the tennis courts (now converted to basketball). The playground was great and included some updates of some of the more dangerous (and fun) playground fixtures of my youth. There was a "jungle gym" but up of, not rusty old iron bars, but shock cords, a teeter-totter that had springs so you could not jump off and have your partner slammed to the ground, and a spinner that was smaller than the old one at Delhi Park and which had a guard rail 3/4th of the way around it. Our granddaughter had a blast. There were half a dozen kids there who were ages 3-6 that appeared to be from two young families. The kids all chattered away in Spanish, which was not off putting to our granddaughter and all of the parents engaged us in pleasant conversation in English. All of this went on as a friendly basketball game went on behind us.

It was a great evening out and made me feel even better about the future of Price Hill.