Best HC job in Ohio

A high school stadium that hosts 1 NFL preseason game a year. How many other NFL stadiums seat less than 60k, let alone 23k? How many other NFL stadiums only host 1 NFL game, and a pre-season 1 at that? And as pointed out, was not largely financed by the NFL - it was largely financed by the Johnson Controls naming rights deal and developer equity. Tom Benson and his foundation - not the NFL - contributed about 9% of the cost.

I don't understand why you keep making up these weird embellishments.
You're right that the donation was by an individual owner and not on behalf of the NFL, so I should have said it was largely financed by an NFL owner and not by the league itself. How the NFL, the Hall of Fame Village Corporation, and the Hall of Fame are connected financially is somewhat confusing, but I'm sure many of the same people are involved. As for it being a real NFL stadium or not, my definition of an NFL stadium is a stadium that regularly hosts games between NFL teams, which Benson Stadium does. Seating capacity is not relevant. to me. You can disagree with my definition, but I'm not making anything up.

You're right that the donation was by an individual owner and not on behalf of the NFL, so I should have said it was largely financed by an NFL owner and not by the league itself. How the NFL, the Hall of Fame Village Corporation, and the Hall of Fame are connected financially is somewhat confusing, but I'm sure many of the same people are involved. As for it being a real NFL stadium or not, my definition of an NFL stadium is a stadium that regularly hosts games between NFL teams, which Benson Stadium does. Seating capacity is not relevant. to me. You can disagree with my definition, but I'm not making anything up.
So Fawcett was an NFL stadium ?

In Central Ohio (all top jobs in Ohio too)
D1
1. Pickeringtons
2. Coffman
3. Olentangys

D2-D7
1. Hartley
2. DeSales
3. Watterson

In Central Ohio (all top jobs in Ohio too)

D2-D7
1. Hartley
2. DeSales
3. Watterson
Hartley is not a better job than Olentangy HS (or Berlin), Dublin Scioto and possibly not even Westerville South. And STRS is a big reason why.

Agree on Westerville South...Christ is a good coach and it's a good community
Westerville South is a good job but I would prefer to be at DeSales myself.

As for that list, in Central Ohio it goes:

Pick Central
Coffman
O Liberty

those are the top three programs to be at. All three would be out of this world if they did not have other schools in the district. In Liberty's case it would be unreal if there was only one other school in district.

Never the less those are three schools just about anybody would want to be at.

i bet Olentangy Berlin is a nice gig. new program but in a district that has bought into football, and they have nice new facilities to work with.

Really ? ??‍♂️

Yes, you have to be extremely confident and/or ego driven to take a job that applies that much pressure on a daily basis, keeps you in the spotlight, and demands so much of you. Again, not knocking Massillon, I respect them, but let's be honest for a minute...

It wasn't largely financed by an NFL owner - I already told you he and his foundation only financed just 9% of the project. In what universe is 9% considered "largely?"

The problem with your own definition is it doesn't regularly host NFL games. It hosts 1 NFL preseason game a year. There are 0 other NFL stadiums that host only 1 game a year. In fact, every other NFL stadium hosts, at minimum, roughly 10 NFL games a year. By your own definition, and common sense, it is not an NFL stadium.

It's a fine stadium, incredibly unique and certainly something to be proud of if you're from the area. But it isn't an NFL stadium.

Yes, you have to be extremely confident and/or ego driven to take a job that applies that much pressure on a daily basis, keeps you in the spotlight, and demands so much of you. Again, not knocking Massillon, I respect them, but let's be honest for a minute...
Shouldn’t you be extremely confident with any job you apply for ? If not why did you apply in the first place.
Massillon is the top HC job in the state, the notoriety, the pay and the facilities are second to none. The only reason you wouldn’t apply is because some just can’t handle the pressure.

Shouldn’t you be extremely confident with any job you apply for ? If not why did you apply in the first place.
Massillon is the top HC job in the state, the notoriety, the pay and the facilities are second to none. The only reason you wouldn’t apply is because some just can’t handle the pressure.

Or it's more likely they dont want it...

It wasn't largely financed by an NFL owner - I already told you he and his foundation only financed just 9% of the project. In what universe is 9% considered "largely?"

The problem with your own definition is it doesn't regularly host NFL games. It hosts 1 NFL preseason game a year. There are 0 other NFL stadiums that host only 1 game a year. In fact, every other NFL stadium hosts, at minimum, roughly 10 NFL games a year. By your own definition, and common sense, it is not an NFL stadium.

It's a fine stadium, incredibly unique and certainly something to be proud of if you're from the area. But it isn't an NFL stadium.
I would agree...for the sake of the discussion. If Canton were to get an NFL franchise, they wouldn't be playing their home games there as it stands today.

There are ample opportunities in the state of Ohio that aren't the headache that job is. Massillon is not the end all be all, believe it or not!
No it isn’t but it is the best HC job in the state with the most pay and best facilities. In any job if you want to find another job wouldn’t the overwhelming #1 reason be pay ?
I guess the better question would be if it’s such a headache who was the last Massillon HC that left to find something better ?
I’ll wait for your answer....

If status quo is winning state championships (which Massillon has not done) and making state semi's I'd be fine staying right where I am in a community that supports me 100%. Especially a MAC school community.
Ya sure Coldwater is a better job then Massillon. Drinking before noon doesn’t fit you well.

Massillon has some of the best facilities in Ohio, and they do pay their coaches very well. However, I can totally understand a coach deciding that going to Massillon isn't for them, just like any other job. I don't know if there is a forsure "best job in Ohio" because each program is different and each program can give a coach something that another coach is looking for.

There are a LOT of factors that go into what makes a football HC job the best, in my opinion. I had my own sentiments, but decided to do some research of my own for a day or two and here’s what I came up with.

• Support from the administration/leadership- in some schools, as someone mentioned, the principal, superintendent, AD, and others are not always on the same page.

• Quality/Benefits of Facilities- the quality and benefits derived from facilities are certainly a selling point when a coach is looking for a new job.

• Small School vs. Big School- this is quite subjective. One might view a school at a MAC school just as appealing as a public school in Columbus with solid recent success (I think of Geron Stokes moving to Coffman as an example). Now that’s not to say I think Coffman is more attractive than Minster or visa versa, it all depends on who you ask.

• Single vs. Multi-Community Schools- I like how my school (Kirtland) pulls from one community/area, but I don’t necessarily mind those that pull from a couple of communities. There are advantages to both.

• Reputation/Tradition- Winning isn’t the only thing, but it is certainly valuable in determining the quality of a certain job. Some schools have won a lot of titles in the short-term whereas others have made the playoffs 25-35+ times over the years. It depends on how you view tradition.

• Quality of Coaches/Assistants- some coaches try to limit the amount of turnover in a program, others bring on their own staff. If a school has a solid system, it usually means they have high-quality assistants.

• Fan Base Loyalty- Obviously when you’re winning, it’s easy to have a loyal fan base. It’s those fan bases who are able to trust the process and ride the potential bumps in the early going that an incoming coach might look for.

• Feeder Systems- For some schools, this is viewed as advantageous. Other schools, they are successful without feeder systems. Again, this depends on who you’re talking to...

• One School District vs. Many- In larger cities, it’s more difficult to find cities with only ONE school district. When you have one school district, you know what kids you’re getting to play for you. When you’re competing with other school districts, it’s interesting to see who chooses to go where.

• Kids- Simply put, do the kids have the desire to buy into something greater than themselves? Of course, some kids have better genes than others, but the size of the fight in the dog sometimes matters more than the size of the dog in the fight.

I have a few more things, but I figure I have typed enough. If you made it to the end, great. If not, that’s alright. I figured I’d give my two cents on what myself and some others view as valuable to a high school football HC job.

I can’t say what specific school or schools I find to be the best, but there are a handful that excel at a lot of the things I mentioned.