Lawsuits, secret taping and the unraveling of a powerhouse high school football program

ELKSONE

#EPND
Interesting story; wondering if this sort of thing has happened behind the scenes with certain programs here in Ohio?

Last edited:

I was confused about the Cali transfer. It said GA ruled that he couldn’t play, but then ended up playing with a team outside of Atlanta. Was it some unsanctioned team? Or non state recognized school?

I was confused about the Cali transfer. It said GA ruled that he couldn’t play, but then ended up playing with a team outside of Atlanta. Was it some unsanctioned team? Or non state recognized school?

Both are GHSA members. I think the loophole was that the transfer from the CA school to the GA school violated the rules, but the transfer from one GA school to another was okay.

Last edited:
By all accounts, it would appear that Propst is a helluva football coach, but not so much in the human being department. I would say that trouble seems to follow him but I think he brings the trouble with him. You would think this would be the end of his coaching career, but I would be willing to bet some school desperate for a state championship will give him another shot.

Both are GHSA members. I think the loophole was that the transfer from the CA schoool to the GA school violated the rules, but the transfer from one GA school to another was okay.
The GHSA has also changed that rule going forward starting next school year. They are great at closing the gate after the horse gets out in Georgia.

Another reminder that "truth is stranger than fiction." I'd heard about the Garcia kid transferring, but reading the linked article was really something.

By all accounts, it would appear that Propst is a helluva football coach, but not so much in the human being department. I would say that trouble seems to follow him but I think he brings the trouble with him. You would think this would be the end of his coaching career, but I would be willing to bet some school desperate for a state championship will give him another shot.
If he can coach he'll get another shot. There's always some AD willing to bend the rules and then throw parents, administrators, players, and coaches under the bus when they get caught.

Agreed. Still remember watching an interview with a school board lady from Colquitt when they first hired him. “We jus’ wanna weeeeeeeiiiin!!”

?