Curious how many people are watching the state tournament games?

Are you watching the state tournament games?

• Yes - I have Spectrum

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Yes - I paid for the livestream

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes - I went to a place that televised the game (friend/restaurant)

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • No - don't have Spectrum and not paying to stream the games

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters

Trying to sign into the free Spectrum News app, but when I press the prompt for sign in for unlimited access, nothing comes up. Anyone else have this problem?

Watched both D3 games and going to the St. I/ Westerville Central game tomorrow. My first live game in over a year!

Been watching and so far its depressing how bad the talent level is in D3/4

Uh....what? D3 and D4 are as good as it's been in Ohio in a long time. Granted...no Lebron but just good team basketball and some other really, really athletic guys. Maybe you got distracted by the god awful announcer who must have been the greatest player in the history of basketball in his day....at least in his mind lol. Good grief the guy was painful. His basketball knowledge was right up there with most 9 year olds The atheticism and talent of the kids in those divisions was amazing. The level of "basketball"....ok, maybe not so much. Richmond Heights had no business losing to Botkins....and OG probably wasn't within 20 of Lutheran East athletically...but that's not all that it takes to win games.

Uh....what? D3 and D4 are as good as it's been in Ohio in a long time. Granted...no Lebron but just good team basketball and some other really, really athletic guys. Maybe you got distracted by the god awful announcer who must have been the greatest player in the history of basketball in his day....at least in his mind lol. Good grief the guy was painful. His basketball knowledge was right up there with most 9 year olds
I’m sorry I just can’t agree. That was pathetic today.

Maybe you should have watched the Buckeyes instead.....so much talent and athleticism....and laid maybe the biggest egg in Ohio State history...because they had absolutely no heart lol. At least HS kids play like they want to be there
Relax.... just look back in your program even the last couple years. It has been way way better recently than what we saw yesterday. Today should be, hopefully be considerably better. And I picked OSU to lose to Florida...

Anyone know the dates of next years tourney finals and site? Usually get that from the program but...........You know. I heard Dayton next year also. Can anyone confirm dates and venue please?

Been watching and so far its depressing how bad the talent level is in D3/4

I will watch all 12 on the live stream. Would rather be there watching live, but this will do for one year. I noticed a big difference between the quality of the broadcast from Friday to Saturday. The D4 and D3 broadcasts were awful in comparison to the first game today. Zoomed out, poor camera angles and a single, inferior announcer yesterday was upgraded to modern camera angles and a professional broadcast team overnight. Maybe the OHSAA had to reach a certain dollar amount in sales before spending some money on the production?

I think you would be hard pressed to find another year in the OHSAA tournament when you had more talent in D3 and D4 than what you have this year. I can think of close to 15 D1 and D2 scholarship players right off the top of my head, and I am not even that familiar with all of the teams. The second D4 semifinal was the only game yesterday without a high major scholarship player on the court. They might not have all played well yesterday, but the talent on the court is as good as its ever been depth wise for those divisions.

Just my opinion, but anyone who is not excited to watch the D3 final tomorrow is not a real high school basketball fan.

Just my opinion, but anyone who is not excited to watch the D3 final tomorrow is not a real high school basketball fan.
Lots of us are high school basketball fans, especially for our own schools where we watch kids whose parents and grandparents we know well. Just because we aren’t pumped to watch a couple random schools who happen to have a bunch of kids going D1 doesn‘t reflect on our fandom.

Going against the first round of march madness for your state title games is the dumbest thing the ohsaa does. Which says a lot when talking about the ohsaa ..

I only watch when Mentor is in it. Wouldn't pay a cent to crappy spectrum cable or miss march madness for any high school game that doesn't involve mentor.

I just use parents cable streaming for mentor ones

There's this little college tourney going on right now that's on 4 different channels plus live streams.

There's this little college tourney going on right now that's on 4 different channels plus live streams.
Yeah as I said dumb to compete. I watched Mentor on a laptop with sound off as I watched the tourney. Other than Mentor no way would I watch over march madness

I will watch all 12 on the live stream. Would rather be there watching live, but this will do for one year. I noticed a big difference between the quality of the broadcast from Friday to Saturday. The D4 and D3 broadcasts were awful in comparison to the first game today. Zoomed out, poor camera angles and a single, inferior announcer yesterday was upgraded to modern camera angles and a professional broadcast team overnight. Maybe the OHSAA had to reach a certain dollar amount in sales before spending some money on the production?

I think you would be hard pressed to find another year in the OHSAA tournament when you had more talent in D3 and D4 than what you have this year. I can think of close to 15 D1 and D2 scholarship players right off the top of my head, and I am not even that familiar with all of the teams. The second D4 semifinal was the only game yesterday without a high major scholarship player on the court. They might not have all played well yesterday, but the talent on the court is as good as its ever been depth wise for those divisions.

Is it really that easy to determine if your a "real fan" or not? I put myself in the real fan category. I also, like many high school fans do not closely follow all state games especially when they do not include a team from the SW region. That is my region and I do not know much about teams located outside the region.

Once you get to state the entire atmosphere changes from local support (region and below) to state privileged spectators who sit on their hands and more often dream of how their team could one day reach the pinnacle of state more than they support the teams who are there now.

For small schools the venue is too big at state. 4000 seat venues for regionals are packed with fans from both schools. Talked at length with a coach a few years back who felt the same way. There are 3 highly attended tournament games by local fans, District championship, Regional semifinal and Regional final. It's been that way for quite some time.

Is it really that easy to determine if your a "real fan" or not? I put myself in the real fan category. I also, like many high school fans do not closely follow all state games especially when they do not include a team from the SW region. That is my region and I do not know much about teams located outside the region.

Once you get to state the entire atmosphere changes from local support (region and below) to state privileged spectators who sit on their hands and more often dream of how their team could one day reach the pinnacle of state more than they support the teams who are there now.

For small schools the venue is too big at state. 4000 seat venues for regionals are packed with fans from both schools. Talked at length with a coach a few years back who felt the same way. There are 3 highly attended tournament games by local fans, District championship, Regional semifinal and Regional final. It's been that way for quite some time.

Very well said d4 fan

Spectrum News app doesn't even work. Spectrum is one big piece of garbage. Can't believe people put up with their TV service. It is the worst

Spectrum News app doesn't even work. Spectrum is one big piece of garbage. Can't believe people put up with their TV service. It is the worst
Absolutely correct. Something tells me its "not working" so people are forced to buy the game.

Something tells me it conveniently won't be available for The Division 2 game either. I'd be shocked if it was . . .

Absolutely correct. Something tells me its "not working" so people are forced to buy the game.

Something tells me it conveniently won't be available for The Division 2 game either. I'd be shocked if it was . . .
No sooner do I send the post and I go back and check and it's working. LOL. Apology issued. Lol