DeShaun Watson accused of sexual assaullt by 3 women

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Three massage therapists are suing DeShawn Watson for sexual assault that allegedly happened in 2020.

I've read they are all with the same lawyer, who is a neighbor and a friend of the McNairs. Interesting.
Not sure why that would be the case. If anything this would dampen the interest and any leverage in trading Watson? Now, if you trade for him, you have to deal with the fallout and ongoing investigation. If not, then Houston has to deal with it. No winners here.

Lawyer says lawsuits against Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson up to 12

Houston lawyer Tony Buzbee said during a news conference Friday that he will be filing an additional five lawsuits against Deshaun Watson "in due course" -- bringing the number of total cases to 12 alleging inappropriate conduct and sexual assault by the Texans' quarterback.

Buzbee also said he has spoken to "more than 10 additional women" who have come forward with reports about similar conduct from Watson after encounters.

Deshaun is correct ... he will not suit up for the Texans this year ... sometimes you actually do get what you want ... but maybe not for the reason you envisioned!!!

Agreed. Why not take this to the police? Why is this just a civil case?

It seems very strange to me that it doesn't seem there have been any police reports filed yet for any of these allegations, although in that most recent article the lawyer sounds like they're looking into it.

It seems very strange to me that it doesn't seem there have been any police reports filed yet for any of these allegations, although in that most recent article the lawyer sounds like they're looking into it.

I know some people won’t like this but without any police reports filed, what proof does anyone have that this stuff really happened as these women say?

I know some people won’t like this but without any police reports filed, what proof does anyone have that this stuff really happened as these women say?

There is some truth to that IMO. It sounds like their lawyer has intentions of trying to get the ball rolling on pursuing criminal charges this week.

I'm definitely curious to see where this heads and how it turns out.

Not one person went to the police about any of this this, they went to their lawyer? That says a little something.

To me (and just my opinion) is that Watson was getting (paying) for sex from most of these women and probably thought he was getting sex from all of them ... some were willing and a few were not ... not good for him either way!

To me (and just my opinion) is that Watson was getting (paying) for sex from most of these women and probably thought he was getting sex from all of them ... some were willing and a few were not ... not good for him either way!

he doesn’t have to pay for sex are kidding?

The McNairs are very powerful! No of this came out til Watson wanted to be traded. The plaintiffs lawyer is close to ownership. No police reports? Very sketchy

Nearly two dozen complainants is a TON, especially given that it seems all of them were of the same occupational nature/type of encounter...there are people with wealth and status that are sex crazy due to power and dominance complexes, fetishes, and other things of that nature. It's possible that could be the case here, but this guy seems to have had at worst an okay reputation with no prior criminal record.

Nearly overnight he has a couple dozen women filing civil suit prior to any filed police reports or criminal charges behind a powerful lawyer that's well connected to Texans ownership that's probably pissed that he wants out of Houston because ownership and management is inept. I think I'd prefer to see this play it's way out in court before this guy gets buried by the media and in the public eye.

Not one person went to the police about any of this this, they went to their lawyer? That says a little something.

Says a whole lot imo. Sounds like these women been paid for sex acts and looking for more money. One would think out of this many women at least one would have been terrified enough to contact police. My personal opinion is the real facts of this case are somewhere in the middle of what everyone is actually saying.

Says a whole lot imo. Sounds like these women been paid for sex acts and looking for more money. One would think out of this many women at least one would have been terrified enough to contact police. My personal opinion is the real facts of this case are somewhere in the middle of what everyone is actually saying.
Probably true, for him, the reality is this probably narrows the number of teams that would want him.

Kind of interesting to see how this story is being reported. The reporters that seem to be in the pocket of the players/agents have been all over the "style" of the lawyer representing the women plus the fact that the police have yet to charge Watson with any crime. On the other side are some outlets that are mentioning there is really no deep connection between the lawyer and McNair and that this is mostly about a man misbehaving poorly that needs to come to justice, just like a Mickey Calloway. My guess is that it is somewhere in the middle; as they say to be continued.

A 14th lawsuit has been filed. It will be interesting to watch this playout over the next few weeks (or months). What will the NFL do even if there is no police report? Worst case football scenario is that his career is over. Best case football scenario seems like he will be sidelined while the investigation is ongoing and he hopes evidence surfaces that he is innocent. I can't see them letting him play until this plays out to show some innocence.

A 14th lawsuit has been filed. It will be interesting to watch this playout over the next few weeks (or months). What will the NFL do even if there is no police report? Worst case football scenario is that his career is over. Best case football scenario seems like he will be sidelined while the investigation is ongoing and he hopes evidence surfaces that he is innocent. I can't see them letting him play until this plays out to show some innocence.
Heard John McClain, long time Houston Chronical sportswriter on an interview this morning. Couple of tidbits. Antonio Brown's sexual assault case is still being investigated by the NFL, now it's a less profile case but he obviously played and picked up a super bowl this season as the investigation goes on. So there is a senario where Watson may end up playing, and it may be months, or even years before this gets sorted out. Also, remember the Kobe Bryant case, and Ben Roethlisberger case. I could see the NFL going with a 4-6 game suspension for the conduct policy and then washing their hands of it until more is sorted out. On the surface, unless these women have some kind of evidence, I see this as a case dismissed, settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. Remember Watson just signed a $160 million dollar extension less than a year ago with a 3rd of it guaranteed.

Heard John McClain, long time Houston Chronical sportswriter on an interview this morning. Couple of tidbits. Antonio Brown's sexual assault case is still being investigated by the NFL, now it's a less profile case but he obviously played and picked up a super bowl this season as the investigation goes on. So there is a senario where Watson may end up playing, and it may be months, or even years before this gets sorted out. Also, remember the Kobe Bryant case, and Ben Roethlisberger case. I could see the NFL going with a 4-6 game suspension for the conduct policy and then washing their hands of it until more is sorted out. On the surface, unless these women have some kind of evidence, I see this as a case dismissed, settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. Remember Watson just signed a $160 million dollar extension less than a year ago with a 3rd of it guaranteed.
Possibly, but the asking price in trade for him most likely went WAY down.

Possibly, but the asking price in trade for him most likely went WAY down.
Way down or the phone doesn't ring anymore. Imagine being a GM and trading for Watson and the backlash you'd go through?? It's not worth it. 6 weeks ago the Texans could have traded him for 2 first round picks.