• Sycamore (8-16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (7-16)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colerain (1-22)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GMC Returning 2020-21 Season Points Per Game and Top Returning Scorers for each team for 2021-22:

Fairfield -- 48.1 ppg (Woods 16.1, Crim 15.1; Coney 6.2, Rogers 6.5, Bronston 3.2)

Sycamore -- 45.4 ppg (B. Southerland 17.3, B. Darbyshire 8.3, Hall 6.1, Bolden 6.0, G. Darbyshire 4.8, A. Southerland 1.9)

Lakota East -- 43.9 ppg (Kronauge 11.0, Peck 9.2, Coles 8.0, Kenrich 6.0; Poppe 4.6, Spicer 2.7, Adkins 2.4)

Hamilton -- 31.3 ppg (Ishmael 10.4, Tolentino 9.8, Kapihe 5.9, Givens 4.3, Brito 0.9)

Princeton -- 30.8 ppg (Hardman 13.5, Harris 11.0, Woods 6.3)

Lakota West -- 28.9 ppg (Dudukovich 19.8; Lavender 3.9, Barber 1.5, Fussell 2.3, Layfield 1.4)

Oak Hills -- 21.9 ppg (Zongo 8.9???, Schreiber 6.0, Richmond 3.5, Toon 2.2, Weidner 1.3)

Colerain -- 20.1 ppg (Meadows 11.9, Green 3.1, Young 3.1, Crossty 2.0)

Middletown -- 16.9 ppg (Williams 8.7; Hall 7.5; Day 2.7, McCord 1.0)

Mason -- 16.1 ppg (Morton 13.1, Molnar 3.0)

Coach Ovington left Coach Austing as much returning talent as Sycamore has had in years--and with Coach Austing's proven record at Fairfield it bodes well for Sycamore at least in year 1. The biggest move for Coach Austing is the teaching salary bump to move from Fairfield to Sycamore for the rest of his teaching career and $'s into his STRS retirement account--this is a family security move as much as anything--and the Aviators get a well-respected guy on the sideline. Sounds like a win-win!!
Does anyone know where Satterfield or Zongo ended up from Oak Hills?

Zongo sat because he wasn't enrolled by the first day of school. The two will leave OH as soon as the school year is over, Kenny Satterfield still on OH payroll as well.

By sitting out the last 13 games, would Satterfield be able to play all games during the 2021-22 season at his next school? Just curious if that was the reason for not playing the second half of this year. I have no idea what the transfer rule(s) allow and don’t allow.

By sitting out the last 13 games, would Satterfield be able to play all games during the 2021-22 season at his next school? Just curious if that was the reason for not playing the second half of this year. I have no idea what the transfer rule(s) allow and don’t allow.

Satterfield didn't have to sit because he was enrolled by the first day of school. The players/family were unhappy so they quit.

Article from Hamilton Journal this week---regarding AD Bill Stewart resigning and last week the Principal and Asst Principal being told to resign effective end of the school year:

" The former athletic director for Hamilton Schools, who resigned after a basketball player was found to be playing while ineligible, said a January conference call with a parent led directly to the violation and his resignation.

The Ohio High School Athletic Association said Monday that its investigation into the ineligibility of a member of the Hamilton High School boys basketball team, which was eventually ordered to forfeit eight wins, is now done.

Bill Stewart, who resigned in late January from the athletic director’s job, told the Journal-News he was presented with an affidavit regarding the player’s eligibility.

One of the parents involved completed an affidavit that stated she was moving into the Hamilton district. This affidavit was provided to me by HHS personnel who represented to me that the information it contained was truthful,” Stewart said.

He organized a conference call on Jan. 20 with the parent and the OHSAA.

“During that conference call the involved parent indicated that neither she nor her family had any intention of moving to Hamilton, which was contrary to the representations contained in the affidavit she had previously completed and contrary to the representations that were made to me by the other HHS personnel involved,” Stewart said.
Stewart did not identify any of the Hamilton High School personnel to whom he was referring.

The district announced two days later, on Jan. 22, that a rules violation would cause the forfeit of eight wins and that Stewart was resigning as athletic director. The OHSAA said that “a member of the school’s varsity boys basketball team should not have been permitted to participate due to not having a parent living in Ohio.”

“I want to be very clear, I was not involved in any way with orchestrating the misrepresentations that were made in the affidavit,” Stewart said. “The affidavit was provided to me by other HHS personnel, who I trusted at the time, and who represented to me that the statements contained in the affidavit were accurate and truthful.”

Stewart said he resigned because “I believed, at the time, my resignation was in the best interests of the district.”
Kristin Ronai, director of compliance of the OHSAA, said Monday, “I can confirm that there was a phone call with the involved parent where it was conveyed that the family had not moved, and that they did not intend to move.
“After the conclusion of that call, I did call Mr. Stewart back and we began working together on the details of the apparent violation.”
Moreover, Ronai said that “there is currently no pending investigation. We have resolved all student eligibility issues with the district.”

Hamilton High School principal, assistant principal submit resignations on same day

When Stewart’s comments to the Journal-News were shared with Hamilton Schools Superintendent Mike Holbrook on Monday, the superintendent declined to address them specifically.
“The Hamilton City School District and board of education do not comment on personnel matters,” he said.

Zongo sat because he wasn't enrolled by the first day of school. The two will leave OH as soon as the school year is over, Kenny Satterfield still on OH payroll as well.

They will be heading across the river to put on a blue uniform...and I'm not talking about UK.

They will be heading across the river to put on a blue uniform...and I'm not talking about UK.

Ive been saying since they left it would be Cov Cath. It just makes to much sense, won't have to sit out, have a coach that fits how they want to play, and is close.

Ive been saying since they left it would be Cov Cath. It just makes to much sense, won't have to sit out, have a coach that fits how they want to play, and is close.

What are the chances that these players and parents become unhappy at Cov Cath, quit and move on again?

Darnell Hoskins out at Middletown --best season was this past year of 9-13. Middies return 16.9 ppg which is only ahead of Mason's 16.1 of the 10 teams in the GMC.

Darnell Hoskins out at Middletown --best season was this past year of 9-13. Middies return 16.9 ppg which is only ahead of Mason's 16.1 of the 10 teams in the GMC.
Is this the district's doing or Hoskins stepping away getting ready to take the Nmont job?Following a hunch.....

Is this the district's doing or Hoskins stepping away getting ready to take the Nmont job?Following a hunch.....
Not really sure--most coaches step away from a current job once they have the next job locked up--haven't heard anything out of Northmont at this point---3 new HC's in the GMC for 21-22 at Sycamore, Colerain and Middies--big turnover, but East, Mason, and OH will continue with longtime coaches Adkins, Richards, and Price---FF, Princeton, Lakota West, and Hamilton HC's have been there 3 years or less and were head coaches at previous schools so likely staying in place.

I would be shocked if that's true. The people at Hamilton wouldn't look to kindly to that.
Don't be surprised if it's tied to the "transfer situation" that the Hamilton Principal and Asst. Principal were told to resign effective at the end of this school year a few weeks ago--the more you know---makes no sense to leave HHS for Badin--and I'm a Badin grad!