2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NWCC added teams that are close the Lake Erie, and half the league will be playing 8-man football soon. It was a move that had to be made at some point.
right...people seem to think Riverside and Lehman might eventually leave. But where else is there for them to go? I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon.

I would think Lehman and Riverside would stick it out unless something better comes along...and I don't know what that would be. I bet they are realistic about their fit in the TRC, but were done with the NWCC.

Not according to BlessEmAll’s grapevine. Rumors apparently have those two evicted before the conference even begins.

The only league that would fit Riverside better is the OHC north. I don't think anyone is disputing that. But they were looking for a lifeline out of the NWCC and they took it. Not every league's travel is going to be perfect and Riverside will greatly benefit this league.

Let's say Lehman closes and Brookville joins (Hypothetical):

Brookville HS to Riverside HS: 56 Miles 1 hour 7 Minutes (Per Google Maps)
Northridge HS to Riverside HS: 46 Miles 56 Minutes (Per Google Maps)

For Reference:
Versailles HS to Stadium Park in Delphos: 52 Miles 1 Hr 14 minutes (Per Google Maps)

Botom line: Give them a Chance!!

i think Riverside has a solid athletic program, they always seem to be competitive. they will likely be middle of the pack if not lower tier in this league. i can’t remember the last time they played a D4 team that wasn’t Indian Lake or Ben Logan. i think Lehman is a short term add. Riverside may last a little longer, but i think something better will come along such as an opening in the OHC North or a WCOC revival.

Greenon, Oakwood, Brookville, and even Northwestern all make sense for this league. i didn’t like the Northridge add at first but they have no better place so it’s okay. ditto for Oakwood, this would be a competitive league for them.

as a Greenon fan i have nothing against the OHC. it’s a great small school league. but some things have gotten annoying. Catholic Central has turned to recruiting from county schools, and i hate the 3 crossovers. Greenon would be a seamless fit in this league i think- travel is great mainly of the 70/75 corridors. it’s on par with where Greenon is at competitively and culturally.

at some point, Brookville, Greenon, Oakwood, Milton Union, Covington, Northridge, Bethel, Miami East, Troy Christian, and Northwestern would make for one great league.

I think dayton christian would be a good fit in this league too if they are looking to add at some point. Travel isn't ideal but about the same as oakwood.

Not according to BlessEmAll’s grapevine. Rumors apparently have those two evicted before the conference even begins.
Wow, relax there buddy. I did say it was RUMOR. I didn't say that to say they are most certainly moving on. But let's look at Lehman. What are the class sizes there? Riverside is looking better and better to me all of the time. Lehman has had Milton's number in the past. Last game was I believe in 2010 and MU won a very tight game.
But at some point playing Bethel, Milton, East, Northridge who are double their size could wear on them. That's called an opinion.
This site is for discussing these types of things and expressing opinion. Let's not get all sensitive and "woke" on here.
Let's just have adult conversation.

Last edited:
Isn't DC in Miamisburg? Can't remember. Troy C vs Dayton C would be a good rivalry.
They are in the burg. TC and DC were in the same league until TC leaves this year. They play football with cincinnati teams...I forget the name of the conference. Their football is up and down but have been to the playoffs recently I believe. They are competitive in the other sports. They are also a little larger than TC so I don't think they are in danger of closing.

Travel would be bad for riverside I am guessing. For the other schools I don't think it would be too bad. Milton & ME would be about 45 minutes I am guessing. The rest around 30 or less. Covington might be about 45 minutes too.

They don't have a home football stadium though. I think they use the old miamisburg stadium.

As an MU fan, I love that this whole league is north of Dayton. Driving through downtown Dayton on Friday after work is overrated. I like the new TRC without Oakwood and DC. Northwestern, Greenon, Brookville would be welcome.

As an MU fan, I love that this whole league is north of Dayton. Driving through downtown Dayton on Friday after work is overrated. I like the new TRC without Oakwood and DC. Northwestern, Greenon, Brookville would be welcome.
I tend to agree but when someone mentioned oakwood I thought I would throw DC in the mix. Maybe it could expand to the point where there could be a north and south division?

I tend to agree but when someone mentioned oakwood I thought I would throw DC in the mix. Maybe it could expand to the point where there could be a north and south division?
i understand the thinking but at that point, you’ll run into the same issues the SWBL did with travel. Oakwood is pushing it as it is, the only make sense because they give Northridge a rival

i understand the thinking but at that point, you’ll run into the same issues the SWBL did with travel. Oakwood is pushing it as it is, the only make sense because they give Northridge a rival
I get it.

So what does everyone see as the league rivalries in the TRC?

I get it.

So what does everyone see as the league rivalries in the TRC?
we had this topic a few weeks back trying to think about who should play in week 10 games, and there's really not a great way to do it.

Riverside vs Lehman is an obvious one.

Miami East vs Bethel (Eastern Miami County schools) is a good one.

then it gets shaky.

Milton Union could be paired with Covington (right up 48 and league title implications most years) or with Northridge (two largest schools and the two from the SWBL)

Covington could be with Milton (as stated above) or Troy Christian (Miami County schools that don't have much of a history yet)

Northridge doesn't really have a natural rival here (which is why we had the Oakwood talk)

Milton and Oakwood have been a friendly rivalry of late. Used to be A bitter rivalry back in the 70s.
Milton still will have a rivalry with East and Covington is a natural rival.
East and Covington, Bethel and Northridge, Troy Christian and Covington, Milton and East, Lehman and Troy Christian. Troy Christian and Miami East.

Saw this on the MAC thread.

Best uni in the new league...
1. Covington (nice colors and love the mascot)
2. Riverside ( Red, White and Blue, I believe. Can't beat that!)
3. Milton (Pearce has done a good job with the unis and helmet. Great logo!) Get back to red and white only...
4. East (All blue unis look cool)
5. Bethel ( they change too much but the black with green is nice)
6. Troy Christian (meh. Ok)
7. Northridge (Just ok. Nice logo)
8. Lehman. (Only because they used to look like Michigan.)

Please post your most recent helmet. Does Lehman still have just a plain helmet? Riverside and Covington will have to fight it out for the helmet logo.

Milton Union
1615728669663.png

Miami East
1615727919448.png

Covington
1615727961536.png

Bethel
1615728075433.png

Riverside
1615728182554.png

Northridge
1615728298387.png

Troy Christian
1615728358062.png

Lehman
1615728398411.png

TRC Uniform Rankings (from this past season)

1. Bethel- those all white uniforms with the green helmet is one of the nicest uniforms i’ve seen. the all green is also nice. they did a great job with these.

2. Milton Union- jerseys and helmets both look great. stop wearing the white pants at home! the all white and all red looks do the trick.

3. Troy Christian- these are great. all black, all green, all white. simple, yet looks great. they could use a yellow or green helmet to match the green and black jerseys, but don’t hate the white. helmet decal looks nice.

4. Northridge- the jerseys themself are very nice. they need to do something with the helmets. this is a team that could pull of white helmets quite well. red “N” sticker on white helmets and this is a top 2 uniform in league

5. Riverside- wow, these have so much potential. the uniforms themselves look great- but they absolutely ruined it with the poor choice of uniform combinations. wear all white away. wear all blue or blue with white pants at home. the helmet looks great how it is. ditch the red pants altogether.

6. Lehman Catholic- these are just okay. i don’t hate them. they need to use a helmet sticker. but these get the job done.

7. Miami East- bland. they have a great color combo, now use it. points for a great helmet decal.

8. Covington- they get points for using a nice helmet decal this season. but the uniforms aren’t good. they don’t even have “Covington” or “Bucs” on the home uniform. get white pants and update black jerseys and these are much better.

overall, the TRC’s uniforms are much better than the MAC.

and the names on the back aren't player names. Each kid chooses a veteran (or active duty member) to honor. Most times the names are the same because they choose relatives, but not always!
love it. i wish more schools did it. greenon did a military night and chose a veteran to wear a jersey for the game and stand with them for the national anthem.

I like this in sports where the league is well balanced. The only time it is a problem is if one team is a state level team, and can't get enough tougher competition because they are locked into league games.
Not sure if that applies to the TRC?

State level competition would come from:
Troy Christian- Wrestling, Basketball
Milton-Union- track, Softball, Tennis
Bethel- baseball, basketball
Miami East- wrestling, basketball,
Any others that I just don't know about

State level competition would come from:
Troy Christian- Wrestling, Basketball
Milton-Union- track, Softball, Tennis
Bethel- baseball, basketball
Miami East- wrestling, basketball,
Any others that I just don't know about
Troy christian in boys soccer. Bethel has also been state ranked in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.