Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good topic *67

1. Anna- I've always enjoyed their under armour uniforms. That's what I wish Coldwater did when we got new uniforms.

2. New Bremen- Much improved from the Garnet colored ones from the early 2010's

3. Marion Local- they look sharp.

4. Coldwater- the new uniforms could've been a bit better. Certainly dont hate them.

5. DSJ- they might be due for an update but there is certainly nothing wrong with what they have. A yellow helmet with a Blue Jay on the side would be interesting.

6. Versailles- Meh. Traditional.

7. St Henry- Another Meh one for me.

8. Fort Recovery- still better than the old ones. I'd love to see them in purple pants with the purple home Jersey and away Jersey. Wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the purple helmet with the spear on the side with a white facemask.

9. Minster- Bring back the ones from the early 2010's and put the paw back on the side of the helmet and bring back the matte black helmets. Those were my favorite in the whole league.

10. Parkway- Old gold just looks ugly In general. If they went with a yellow with the black it'd be an improvement. Hate the gold helmets. A couple years ago they had a black helmet with a yellow P on the side and I thought that was good.
I like the flat black helmets with nothing on them I think it looks clean. As for the jersey’s not a fan of the Wilson’s they’ve had since the 2017 season. The Russell jersey’s before the Wilson’s in my opinion were the best in the conference.

I like the flat black helmets with nothing on them I think it looks clean. As for the jersey’s not a fan of the Wilson’s they’ve had since the 2017 season. The Russell jersey’s before the Wilson’s in my opinion were the best in the conference.
Having the MAC logo on those old jerseys was a nice touch also. Minster's current jerseys are bland.

Definitely going to miss him. Not sure anyone can fill those shoes.
You guys filled Nate Moore's pretty well. I'm sure you guys will find somebody. Personally if I'm Minster, if Buchannan indeed follows Stokes to Dublin, I'd try to lure Toby Smith away from Ada. I know he just took that job a few months ago but this would be the perfect MAC job for him.

want to get a person fired up about it, bring it up to Greg Heitkamp.......i thought it was a bad call at the time
Oddly, I spoke to Greg tonight just two hours ago at the Brew Barn - didn't bring up that game however.

Greg went on to a fine career for UC football - started at guard in '87 and '88. And his hs basketball teammate Rick Albers went on to play D-I baseball somewhere - maybe Wright State.

That Minster basketball team certainly had athletes.

Oddly, I spoke to Greg tonight just two hours ago at the Brew Barn - didn't bring up that game however.

Greg went on to a fine career for UC football - started at guard in '87 and '88. And his hs basketball teammate Rick Albers went on to play D-I baseball somewhere - maybe Wright State.

Is this a basketball thread?
As for FOOTBALL uniforms, I'm a traditional guy, look like a team and hit the other team harder than they hit you. I like each MAC school to have its own identity. I think most schools do a good job of that except maybe the Fort.

rick also played for the Milwaukee Brewers farm system... those were two of the better athletes to come out of Minster

Is this a basketball thread?
As for FOOTBALL uniforms, I'm a traditional guy, look like a team and hit the other team harder than they hit you. I like each MAC school to have its own identity. I think most schools do a good job of that except maybe the Fort.
lighten up Francis... don't respond if it gets your panties in a bunch...LOL!!!!

You guys filled Nate Moore's pretty well. I'm sure you guys will find somebody. Personally if I'm Minster, if Buchannan indeed follows Stokes to Dublin, I'd try to lure Toby Smith away from Ada. I know he just took that job a few months ago but this would be the perfect MAC job for him.
i really don't know much about the guy, whats the rundown on him?

i really don't know much about the guy, whats the rundown on him?
Former HC at West Liberty Salem and Bellefontaine.157- 67 career coaching record. Went 111-40 in 14 years at West Liberty Salem and had a 46-27 record at Bellefontaine. I actually played against him in the last game he coached for West Liberty. Hired at Ada back in December.

Toby Smith named new football coach at Ada | Peak of Ohio

He was also reprimanded for drinking at "a chalk talk in front of players" Thats the only negative.

Chiefs' football coach suspended two games for alcohol-related incident | Peak of Ohio

lighten up Francis... don't respond if it gets your panties in a bunch...LOL!!!!
How about MAC baseball? Can we talk about it on this thread or should we make a thread in baseball forum?
Versailles has 39 boys out, 1 varsity team, and mixing freshmen and Sophomores to make two JV teams.
Varsity team will be solid, many good arms, but can't point out any great pitchers at this point.
What do you guys have this year?

How about MAC baseball? Can we talk about it on this thread or should we make a thread in baseball forum?
Versailles has 39 boys out, 1 varsity team, and mixing freshmen and Sophomores to make two JV teams.
Varsity team will be solid, many good arms, but can't point out any great pitchers at this point.
What do you guys have this year?
Love baseball, covid knocked a potential STATE team out last year for Minster, not sure who is all out this year, , Cats should have some good pitching, saw the boys out practicing, probably check them out this morning..... good luck to tigerball

Former HC at West Liberty Salem and Bellefontaine.157- 67 career coaching record. Went 111-40 in 14 years at West Liberty Salem and had a 46-27 record at Bellefontaine. I actually played against him in the last game he coached for West Liberty. Hired at Ada back in December.

Toby Smith named new football coach at Ada | Peak of Ohio

He was also reprimanded for drinking at "a chalk talk in front of players" Thats the only negative.

Chiefs' football coach suspended two games for alcohol-related incident | Peak of Ohio
thats a pretty good resume....... so the drinking thing happened at Bellefountaine? and he is now at ADA?

Love baseball, covid knocked a potential STATE team out last year for Minster, not sure who is all out this year, , Cats should have some good pitching, saw the boys out practicing, probably check them out this morning..... good luck to tigerball
Could've had 2 state baseball teams out of the MAC last year...

Wondering if Coldwater's Caleb Stammen played on state champion football team. He just won his 2nd match at state wrestling tournament. He is going to place in top 8.

Versailles's Qb is going to place at State. Maybe a guard also if he wins next match.

Wondering if Coldwater's Caleb Stammen played on state champion football team. He just won his 2nd match at state wrestling tournament. He is going to place in top 8.

Versailles's Qb is going to place at State. Maybe a guard also if he wins next match.
He might be one of the starting Offensive Tackles (probably left tackle) and Defensive ends next year. I think he played mainly JV this past season. He was also injured part of the season

Last edited:
I always liked St Henry's uni. They are Red and White and keep it that way.
Versailles is a traditional look
Coldwater and Marion strike fear into opponents.
Minster uses the black nicely.
The rest are ok. New Bremen has ok unis.

Marions Colors just look so nice together

should update to the same font template that basketball uses, then put the main “M” logo on the helmet. maybe even a “Flyers”

Versailles's Jr. QB Carson Bey places 5th at State at 160 #.
Brayden Keihl placed 6th at 220#, Jr. Left guard.
HW Taran Tyo, Jr. placed 5th at Districts. His three losses for the year were to the 1st, 2nd, and 4th place finishers at state. He plays left tackle. He wants to play college football.

Versailles's Jr. QB Carson Bey places 5th at State at 160 #.
Brayden Keihl placed 6th at 220#, Jr. Left guard.
HW Taran Tyo, Jr. placed 5th at Districts. His three losses for the year were to the 1st, 2nd, and 4th place finishers at state. He plays left tackle. He wants to play college football.
is the TYO kids dad from Ansonia?

Looks like Holly Gann was named new Athletic Director for Fort Recovery. I think this is a fantastic hire. Grew up in the community as a great athlete, respect for all the sports and has had a solid start in her young coaching career for girls basketball.
Congrats Holly!

Looks like Holly Gann was named new Athletic Director for Fort Recovery. I think this is a fantastic hire. Grew up in the community as a great athlete, respect for all the sports and has had a solid start in her young coaching career for girls basketball.
Congrats Holly!
Maybe more importantly, she won the National Punt, Pass, and Kick for her age division, and stood next to Pat McAfee when they were introduced as the winners!

Congrats Holly!
Greenville is losing a great math teacher. She is talented at applying technology in her classroom. She is organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.