Dr. Seuss being canceled...

The landslide begins... Don’t worry, I’m sure Universal will replace it with a new “Rainbow Land- a place to explore kids’ sexuality”
"Line up here to arrange your hormone therapy and/or surgery, must be five years old and 40 inches tall"

Two completely different wars in those two theaters. Japan had pretty much no navy or army left, and we flew over unmolested.

Germany was not an island unto itself, and was being invaded from the East and West simultaneously.

Depends. When you hand a civilian and land mine and tell them to lay down in front of a Deuce and a Half full of troops, do you consider them part of the "army"? That's what extent the Japanese would go to in defense of the home islands.

Depends. When you hand a civilian and land mine and tell them to lay down in front of a Deuce and a Half full of troops, do you consider them part of the "army"? That's what extent the Japanese would go to in defense of the home islands.
And that's why we carpet bombed and nuked them into total submission.

Reactions: y2h
EvfcZfsXMAAA15U

The only people I know that watched his speech yesterday were you and slappy.
It reminds me of his Twitter years ? I didn't read him on twitter and I didn't listen to his speach because I knew the highlights would be shared by those who suffer from TDS. :giggle:

The link is a fantastic read. As noted in it, when looking at Seuss political cartoons from the time it's very interesting to note the difference in how he illustrates Germans and Japanese as enemies of the United States, and I'd argue, how he seems to use illustration to try to sway opinion and emotion much more strongly against Japan than against Germany.

Like many Americans during that time that weren't too far removed in the family tree from Germany, he seems to cast a much more favorable view on the possibility of redemption and good qualities in the German state and people. It was much more culturally and probably racially acceptable to the majority of Americans during that time period to wage total war on the Japanese than on the Germans.
You really do need to do your research of WWII. The Allies bombed the h311 out of Germany. Early in my working days I worked in a factory next to a guy who had immigrated to Cincinnati from Germany. It was fascinating to hear stories he used to tell about being a child torward the end of WWII. He lived in the country near a couple of big cities. He said they'd be out playing in the fields and you could feel the ground shaking when the US bombers would fly over with one of their loads of bombs for the city. We lost a lot of airmen with those German bombing missions.

I think a lot of the bombing of Germany, besides wiping out their manufacturing sites, was retaliation for the V2 Rocket bombing of London that went on practically non-stop for awhile.

The thing about this Cancel Culture is again instead of understanding history and how people thought decades ago the Progressives want to book burn and erase it from history. You know those tactics they don't like in Fascists?!?!?!?

Last edited:
I guess I don't see the big outcry about not publishing a few books of his collection in which most people have never read. They are not reclaiming them and burning them, but simply not publishing more. This was nothing but a PR move by the publishing company and has now generated buzz which equals money. This decision should have been done quietly if their intent was to truly move on from this or whatever.

I guess I don't see the big outcry about not publishing a few books of his collection in which most people have never read. They are not reclaiming them and burning them, but simply not publishing more. This was nothing but a PR move by the publishing company and has now generated buzz which equals money. This decision should have been done quietly if their intent was to truly move on from this or whatever.
i think it was something that GROUP of people look to cancell.... and more is set to come........

I think you're probably right. The banned are now collectors items and the story brought Suess back into the consciousness of people who hadn't thought of him in years.

Besides, should we be too convinced that Suess himself if alive might not see his own work and the art in new light? His issues were more politics than race.

Forget Cancel Culture,
I think it's a sham.
I do not like it,
Uncle Sam -I-am.

Ignoring achievements
in the name of Woke,
and cause more division
with the fires they stoke.

Take history out of context
is now the new game.
Not looking for justice
just someone to blame.

Today, it's a book,
so watch what you do.
One day in the future,
they may cancel you.

by Michael Ramirez

So you really haven't noticed a pattern here? Along with Seus you have the Mr. Potato Head fiasco recently. It's a full on attack against US heritage. Life is not perfect but trying to change history and erase it and culture becaue it doesn't fit today's distorted image is not making life any better it's just imposing one way of thinking on everyone else.

I find it interesting that these self righteous people pushing this cancel culture are doing exactly what they say they are trying to eliminate. Showing prejudice and judgement without truly looking at and understanding how times were different. Instead of celebrating the successes in cultural changes and understanding how we got to where we are today they just want to erase it. Erasing history is not how yhou learn from it.

It's also a case of reading way too much into something that at it's orignial day in history really was innocent of all the prejudice Progressives are projecting on it.

love Trump, love what he did for ALL americans....... you gotta love the America FIRST theme....
Sorry, America First is and was a big mistake. Historically that kind of isolationist BS has always proved a failure. For example, our COVID fight has to be a worldwide fight. If it is permitted to survive it will continually be on our doorstep. Same with checking Russia and China. As we retreat from the world stage they just get stronger and more aggressive. We need allies and our allies need us. The Cold War was only a Cold War because, in part, of our alliances.

If there are alternatives, why can’t people choose of their own free will to use Dr.Seuss and his catalog of books OR choose to use the alternatives? If I use Dr. Seuss to help my kid learn to read (not to teach the inner workings of the KKK) and you use other means, what’s the big deal?
Look at what racism has done to America. We need to educate our youth to be better than we are. There certainly are ways to teach reading without racism used as a tool. Should we show Amos and Andy reruns to teach about life in the 50’s?

Last edited:
Sorry, America First is and was a big mistake. Historically that kind of isolationist BS has always proved a failure. For example, our COVID fight has to be a worldwide fight. If it is permitted to survive it will continually be on our doorstep. Same with checking Russia and China. As we retreat from the world stage they just get stronger and more aggressive. We need allies and our allies need us. The Cold War was only a Cold War because, in part, of our alliances.
you just don't understand the concept.... I understand....

Look at what racism has done to America. We need to educate our youth to be better than we are. There certainly are ways to teach reading without racism used as a tool. Should we show Amos and Andy reruns to teach about life in the 50’s?

Emm, yeah? If you want to teach about life in the 30's to 50's that was part of it so would seem pertinent. It can be argues without stretch that resulted in stereotype spread into communities with little exposure to African American but can also be used to show resilience. It can be used to maybe teach people how NOT to stereotype people they do not know, with the right stereotype and emphasis these are characters. That would potentially salve the white victim crowd who see hypocrisy or over-sensitivity in everyone not themselves.

Huh? It must’ve been racist when the good President Obama was touting the works,no?... You make zero sense, just like normal. If I’m “racist” for the statement I posted ??‍♂️, then I guess President Obama is too...

Why do you think the current cancel culture will stop at just these 6 books?
The useful idiots on social media will equate Dr. Seuss with racism.
There will be calls to complete wipeout everything Dr. Seuss has done.

i think it was something that GROUP of people look to cancell.... and more is set to come........
Perhaps you're right, but I don't believe for a second that this decision wasn't done by the publisher themselves to generate revenue. I think you may end up seeing more of these companies amplifying the cancel culture to boost their revenue and sales.

Our youth is the same as us old farts... They are human... tribalism/racism/discrimination will always be a part of us.
Cultural marxists employing cancel culture tactics to force a change to human nature will do nothing but fan the flames of hatred.