March 1st, Everything Opens, Mask optional, No Restrictions!

You’re right, Biden forgot about the idiots running Texas.

The truth is that the federal government controls how Texas generates electricity - the mix of sources and the capacity of each.

The EPA requires that Texas' fossil fuel power generators operate far below their maximum output.

Texas knew that if the EPA would allow our natural gas and coal power plants to operate at peak efficiency they could meet 110% of the demand the state faced last week.

The EPA refused.

Biden's acting EPA chief, David Huizenga, is not an expert at power generation but instead an expert with nuclear waste management

That’s why leadership at the national level is so important. You have no leadership when all the President cares about is self promotion and how he’s going to look to the American people, or how much personal wealth he can grift in the process. The lack of unity among the states was encouraged by Trump from the day he took office.
How do you think this would of played out if HRC would have won in 2016? Be really honest with yourself. Her every move would not have been highlighted every second and a big chunk of the media would have given her a free pass. A trial run can be seen in the whole Cuomo fiasco playing out now. Ignored until it became too big to ignore.

Plus, you don’t think the red states would have fought, ignored, and bucked every move if she was the point person? I can about guarantee every single red state would have told her to screw off and legally challenged any shutdown or mask mandate. Remember, you have blue population centers versus giant swaths of red, it would of been a monumental struggle.

You are letting your hatred for the man cloud your understanding of how good we ever could have responded to something like this. The CDC was decades behind in technology courtesy of several Rep and Dem administrations. The CDC’s in-house globally recognized testing leader pulled a boneheaded move that delayed any hope of getting testing out in a timely manner. You think old HRC would have trusted the globally recognized leader or yanked him at the first sign of trouble?

Sure, Trump is an obnoxious . He babbled and bragged to no end. He should of just shut up, but his personality is so different that he couldn’t. But there was only one way we were ever going to get out of this. Immunity, either through natural progression or a vaccine. Every thing else was duct tape trying to keep the wheels on.

At least educate yourself on the vaccine rates before making claims. The day that Biden took office, the supply chain from top-to-bottom was primed and manufacturing was making the vaccines that were due to be distributed through the end of March. Whatever magic fairy dust you think he did will not be fully responsible for pumping out vials for at least another 4-weeks. It amazes me how uneducated the general public is on how stuff is actually made. Or did Joe have equipment, factories, quality plans and approvals, trained staff, and raw materials hidden in his rectum on Inauguration Day that he magically pulled out?

Two vaccine methodologies that have never proven successful. Two vaccine methodologies whose raw material is so fragile that it fails at a high rate in a one-off lab environment let alone in machines that are pumping out millions of doses a day. Two vaccine methodologies that would have taken years to even get started in the approval process approved for use in 9-months. Two vaccine methodologies that can be tailor-made to variations in weeks. Yeah, we failed as a country.

Years ago when I joined a major corporation to work in exploratory R&D one of the first things they did was send us to a manufacturing plant to watch product being made and packaged. It was an eye opener! The complexity was breathtaking. The message was clear to us eggheads.

I learned two key lessons from this: when developing a new technology try to keep it simple and pay attention to what might happen during the manufacturing process AND bring donuts when you visit the plant for startup pilot runs.

As an aside your point about the complexity is spot on. To be able to manufacture & package these vaccines in such large numbers given their fragility is astonishing.

As an aside your point about the complexity is spot on. To be able to manufacture & package these vaccines in such large numbers given their fragility is astonishing.

Which is why I said last year it would be 2 years at least before an effective vaccine would be available (half the time of normal).... Thankfully, I was wrong.

It is truly astonishing what was accomplished with this vaccine.

I certainly don’t think we failed as a country. Only that the fight against COVID under Trump was a disaster for thousands of Americans and their families. Much of the lab work necessary for COVID vaccine development was jump started by years of work on the related SARS illness that we have been concerned with for years. In addition, our vaccine development piggybacked work done not just in American labs, but also labs all over Europe and Asia. Science worked a miracle with the vaccine, but it wasn’t done in nine months. They weren’t starting from scratch. Several Biden administration officials have lamented our lack of planning and readiness to implement the vaccination of the American people under the Trump administration. Based on the chaotic and dishonest performance of Trump throughout the pandemic I think most people believe our current administration.
Yep, they had it in their back pocket. Just like baking cookies. Add a little more sugar and a touch of vanilla and bam, you got something.

Except in this case, there was never a successful mRNA vaccine. Never. Oh, and the creation of the foundational components for mRNA is so full of failure that the experts that work with the stuff every day joke that you can’t even look at it wrong or it will break.

Oh, and let’s not forget that little thing called
antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) effect, which was a major issue with the work on SARS and MERS vaccine development.

And your are right, the vaccine wasn’t developed in nine months. It was conceived, tested, approved, manufacturing methods created, plants and equipment procured and built, and the supply chain primed in nine months.

Which is why I said last year it would be 2 years at least before an effective vaccine would be available (half the time of normal).... Thankfully, I was wrong.

It is truly astonishing what was accomplished with this vaccine.
Agree with both comments. I was a huge nay sayer in the beginning. It’s truly an amazing effort by all that contributed.

Are you shocked that he is being held accountable after what Trump went through, EVEN BEFORE DAY ONE?
I am not defending Biden. I think all elected leaders should be held accountable. I have made no argument against accountability and have in fact argued that many people in this country are too lazy and ignorant to independently form their own opinions and would rather parrot what is fed to them. So I am not sure why you are asking me if I am shocked, when that is exactly what I was pointing out.

Did you watch MSM in 2016?
Yes, this is what I am talking about. It is not just MSM, it is every form of media, rampantly spreading misinformation with the intent of creating revenue and knowing that the majority of our country will believe whatever they see or hear. You are confirming my stance that the majority of America is too lazy and ignorant to think for themselves.

I was simply referring to the number of people who are wishing for failure of a sitting president to confirm their negativity bias is representative of the majority of our country. This is not a partisan issue by any means.
If his policies are bad for America then yes, I wish for his failure in implementing those policies.

If his policies are bad for America then yes, I wish for his failure in implementing those policies.
And there is the problem. We have reached a point where it is a power struggle where each side hits their opponent with a hammer when they gain the upper hand. Each side votes as a party block and punishes the other side even if it’s bad for their constituents. No common sense to reach across the aisle and make sure what is going on is prudent and checked. Both sides are guilty, so if your side is not in power, your only recourse is to hope for complete failure.

Even a duck is smarter than you.
download.jpg
unnamed.jpg

And there is the problem. We have reached a point where it is a power struggle where each side hits their opponent with a hammer when they gain the upper hand. Each side votes as a party block and punishes the other side even if it’s bad for their constituents. No common sense to reach across the aisle and make sure what is going on is prudent and checked. Both sides are guilty, so if your side is not in power, your only recourse is to hope for complete failure.
There are good policies that help Americans and bad policies that don't. Can anyone provide me with a benefit to Americans from illegal immigration? Please do not say cheap labor. I cannot think of one good reason.

I am not defending Biden. I think all elected leaders should be held accountable. I have made no argument against accountability and have in fact argued that many people in this country are too lazy and ignorant to independently form their own opinions and would rather parrot what is fed to them. So I am not sure why you are asking me if I am shocked, when that is exactly what I was pointing out.
So no one wished for Trump to fail, including politicizing the COVID pandemic, taking a very difficult decision, using it against him?

To the point of killing senior citizens in nursing homes to make him look bad?

There are good policies that help Americans and bad policies that don't. Can anyone provide me with a benefit to Americans from illegal immigration? Please do not say cheap labor. I cannot think of one good reason.
It gets jumbled up by politics. Illegal immigration is terrible. There is no reason any border should ever be freely open. It is detrimental to the safety and health for both the immigrants and US citizens.

On the flip side, the entire process is broken. If the person wanting entry to the US is not well off or sponsored through employment, it is a financially impossible multi year process that many can’t do. So they try to circumvent using asylum rules or entering illegally.

So both parties war on. If you are against illegal immigration, you are a bigot. If you are for it, you are un-American and anti security. And the population just sits there watching whatever propaganda they agree with and give the politicians a free pass because of party loyalty.

Who wouldn't want to come to the United States ...... we can't Employ Everyone, the US doesn't have Job Openings

So no one wished for Trump to fail, including politicizing the COVID pandemic, taking a very difficult decision, using it against him?

Yes, they did. I am agreeing with you, so what are you arguing? My original point is that the vast majority of our country are too lazy and ignorant to formulate their own opinions and would rather be a parrot for something they heard.

Again, I don't think this blind ignorance is a partisan issue by any means. I simply believe that the majority of our country are going to align with a D or R regardless of the candidate. I also think that this majority would rather get behind something they heard than formulate their own opinion. You turning this into me being against Trump is kind of proving my point, as I have said it would be unwise to wish failure upon our president as it will ultimately hurt us.

Yes, they did. I am agreeing with you, so what are you arguing? My original point is that the vast majority of our country are too lazy and ignorant to formulate their own opinions and would rather be a parrot for something they heard.

Again, I don't think this blind ignorance is a partisan issue by any means. I simply believe that the majority of our country are going to align with a D or R regardless of the candidate. I also think that this majority would rather get behind something they heard than formulate their own opinion. You turning this into me being against Trump is kind of proving my point, as I have said it would be unwise to wish failure upon our president as it will ultimately hurt us.
Look at my face!

My life is one big argument. And don't cross me when I'm drinking.

We good.

Who wouldn't want to come to the United States ...... we can't Employ Everyone, the US doesn't have Job Openings
Sure we do have openings. Drive by almost every manufacturing plant in Ohio and there is a sign hanging up for workers. Trades businesses can’t find anyone to fill slots.

There is whole other set of issues about getting people employed that will show up every day on time and and have the ability to pass a piss test. I oversaw a plant expansion several years ago where we required an additional 400-workers because of a new line. These were $20+ per hour jobs, climate controlled well lit facility, good insurance, full tuition reimbursement, ergonomically designed processes, and a company match 401k. We ended up cycling through over 2200 applicants to fill those positions with good people.

But all of that could be controlled with good immigration policy. Set quotas based off of certain criteria. Solidify the asylum rules. Get control of the situation.

It's still him

New name, same wrapper
That's why I called him out a few weeks back. No moron could spew this stuff and coincidently have a soul mate with a similar name spewing similar garbage. Not to bright are you Snappier go sucks thee?

The truth is that the federal government controls how Texas generates electricity - the mix of sources and the capacity of each.

The EPA requires that Texas' fossil fuel power generators operate far below their maximum output.

Texas knew that if the EPA would allow our natural gas and coal power plants to operate at peak efficiency they could meet 110% of the demand the state faced last week.

The EPA refused.

Biden's acting EPA chief, David Huizenga, is not an expert at power generation but instead an expert with nuclear waste management
Let’s not get into appointing experts to the cabinet after the farce of Trump’s cabinet. As long as they were in the cult they were qualified. Mark Esper, Betsy DeVos, Ben Carson, Rick Perry, WilburRoss, Ryan Zinke, Steve Bannon, Scott Pruitt, Rex Tillerson, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, and a host of unqualified judges and minor appointments. None of these folks were even remotely qualified for the posts Trump gave them, but the Republican controlled Senate played right along. Now Senate Republicans act like care about Biden’s qualified appointees.

How do you think this would of played out if HRC would have won in 2016? Be really honest with yourself. Her every move would not have been highlighted every second and a big chunk of the media would have given her a free pass. A trial run can be seen in the whole Cuomo fiasco playing out now. Ignored until it became too big to ignore.

Plus, you don’t think the red states would have fought, ignored, and bucked every move if she was the point person? I can about guarantee every single red state would have told her to screw off and legally challenged any shutdown or mask mandate. Remember, you have blue population centers versus giant swaths of red, it would of been a monumental struggle.

You are letting your hatred for the man cloud your understanding of how good we ever could have responded to something like this. The CDC was decades behind in technology courtesy of several Rep and Dem administrations. The CDC’s in-house globally recognized testing leader pulled a boneheaded move that delayed any hope of getting testing out in a timely manner. You think old HRC would have trusted the globally recognized leader or yanked him at the first sign of trouble?

Sure, Trump is an obnoxious . He babbled and bragged to no end. He should of just shut up, but his personality is so different that he couldn’t. But there was only one way we were ever going to get out of this. Immunity, either through natural progression or a vaccine. Every thing else was duct tape trying to keep the wheels on.
So how does this end. You folks haven’t even given Biden a chance. You criticize everything. That is astonishing after the free pass Trump was given. Democracies that do not understand the importance of compromise fail. We need, both Dems and Rep, to elect people who will compromise and put the country first.

Yeah, but he lied to us. Told us it was like the flu and would soon end. Nothing to worry about. And, he knew the truth months earlier (Woodward tapes) and let Americans die. Had he just told the truth, how many people would have masked up and socially distanced and lived. That is unforgiveable.

Yeah, but he lied to us. Told us it was like the flu and would soon end. Nothing to worry about. And, he knew the truth months earlier (Woodward tapes) and let Americans die. Had he just told the truth, how many people would have masked up and socially distanced and lived. That is unforgiveable.

So he lies alot, pffft. That don't phase supporters. He also got vaccinated in January and didn't want anyone to know. Because that's how big a piece of **** he is. But again, won't phase 'em.

Remember - The States control themselves !
No they don’t. They share power with the federal government. It is called federalism, and it is one of the main concepts upon which our government was founded. Did you drop out before high school government class?

You have blinders on when it comes to the Factual Truths !

So how does this end. You folks haven’t even given Biden a chance. You criticize everything. That is astonishing after the free pass Trump was given. Democracies that do not understand the importance of compromise fail. We need, both Dems and Rep, to elect people who will compromise and put the country first.
I haven’t criticized Biden at all. I’ve criticized people that say we are improving now due to Biden. He hasn’t been in office long enough to do anything. It’s just childish gloating about nothing that diminishes the true heroes.

This will end, and probably very shortly. Go out and about any weekend and stores and restaurants are packed. Manufacturing workers have been back to work full tilt since May. I get to 5-6 factories a week, and only about half even require masks anymore. The only holdouts are a few school systems and college professors. And that will change by next school year or I guarantee there will be hell to pay. Colleges are going to see financial hardship and public schools will lose community support.

What else can happen? Wait for variant after variant? How do you even know if one variant is more deadly or worse than another? Our scientific community has done an awful job of cataloging and mapping samples, so they are just spitballing off of incomplete data.

And no one is even talking about the elephant in the room. They are starting to hit the critical mass as far as those that will take the vaccine in the subgroups. I watch a four county area and they are begging people to show up at clinics. All the way through the day of the clinic, messages pop up that there are still tons of spots left. Nursing homes are pretty much tapped out at 50-60 percent. Maybe all these chuckleheads like Trump, Cuomo, Biden, Pelosi, Fauci, Newsome, Dewine, et al. could have put their political game playing aside and and done a full court blitz and tried to ease the anxiety throughout the public about the safety of the vaccine from day #1 of development. They did the opposite and questioned the approval process. WTF? But hey, stuff like the crying nurse commercial was money well spent. May of even resulted in more people meandering out and about with their underwear mask “saving” people.

We have been masked up and socially distanced, and cases are still happening and people are still dying.

You act like those acts were the same as him shooting them down with a gun. Lying, half truths, gloating, and embellishing were all dick moves, no doubt. And there is good reason for many to really hate the guy because of it. But the fact is, how much did any of that impact the overall death toll? You stated earlier that we were the worst country by far as far as death toll. I ran the numbers for Western Europe, and that statement is simply not true. The U.K. and Italy have a higher rate than the US. Spain and France were slightly lower, but in the ballpark. Germany did much better. Far East societies did much better. Why? It comes down to either being willing to militarily lock your society down or having the willingness of society to share health data and the technology foundation already in place to track and isolate. The US couldn’t or wouldn’t do either, so we ended up directionaly pretty close to similar countries.