Holy Domination!

madman

I was watching the SEC championship on TV and saw a young lady jump ~45 ft in the triple jump. Not knowing if that was good, I looked up the National HS record (44+) at the Track and Field new and then scrolled down to find this:

1614570709321.png

Wow!

Note: Abby Steiner just ran a 4x400 leg in 51.42!

I already knew all about that by Ms. Ewert. I've got all her performances on spreadsheet going back 4 years. In cased you missed it, her 45:57.81 in the 10K put her 10th on the WORLD junior list in 2018...as a sophomore! Who knows what she might have achieved if not having her season stolen from her by Dewine.

I don't believe any state high school association played any spring sports in 2020.

There were many meets down south. Outdoor season starts practice early February. California also starts meets in February. Whether any of those associations had actual championship tournaments last year, I do not know.

There were many meets down south. Outdoor season starts practice early February. California also starts meets in February. Whether any of those associations had actual championship tournaments last year, I do not know.
Fair enough, there may have been spring sports very early in the season. But, I'm pretty sure that every state high school association shut things down by mid-March. And, note that I'm only referring to high school associations (like the OHSAA). I have no idea if CYO or similar orgs had events.

Alto here in Georgia the teams have been going at it outdoors all year. Ohio is no doubt at a big disadvantage.

Alto here in Georgia the teams have been going at it outdoors all year. Ohio is no doubt at a big disadvantage.
GHSA cancels remainder of spring sports seasons (wtoc.com)

The Georgia HS Association, the GA equivalent of the OHSAA, cancelled all spring sports on April 2. They probably had suspended sports well before that, just like Ohio did. I understand that there may be other groups that had events. I'm not referring to those.