CVCA looking for a new head coach?

They lose their QB and a few linemen but do return some starters. I wonder who their non conference opponents are?

Still challenging. Would be interesting to see how much better VASJ is under Rotzky, Kent Roosevelt getting better under their coach, and Woodridge returns a lot. New coach will have hands full. League is always competitive.

Alluding to their rapid improvement in Girls Hoops. That was an Extreme AAU thing. I wonder who has applied?
Interesting comment...I was under the assumption there was 1 girl that played for Extreme on the team...care to elaborate?

There are at least 3 from Extreme playing varsity. Since they are utilizing CVCA's new 3 court field house as their facility I would expect that trend to continue.

The league they are in will not have CVCA for much longer. The upper Administration has been eyeing a league to the North for a while. To some they may see themselves competing with the other three major privates in Summit someday.

Every time CVCA gets a good 4-5 year run in football these kind of statements start popping up. When they were 4-6, 2-8,1-9 and 0-10 a few years back no one seemed to mind.
These may be a common theme because the team will be good for at least 2-3 more years.

The difference this time is the pieces that are now in place from a facility perspective, migration toward the privates is ramping up, and the upper administration is now firmly entrenched as opposed to 4 or 5 years ago. There is the feeling that they compete with others in all aspects. The signal should have been the deal they cut with an AAU program and its brand new facility. It was nothing illegal, just an opportunity to present itself as an attractive and viable option to parent and prospective athletes.

These may be a common theme because the team will be good for at least 2-3 more years.

I believe so as well. Last year they pretty much had to replace most of the defense, 3 monsters on the O Line and most of the offensive skill kids and had a great season. This year they have to replace 2 monsters on the O Line but the 3 that return ended up playing really well after the first 2 weeks. This coach hire is incredibly important for the program.

I believe so as well. Last year they pretty much had to replace most of the defense, 3 monsters on the O Line and most of the offensive skill kids and had a great season. This year they have to replace 2 monsters on the O Line but the 3 that return ended up playing really well after the first 2 weeks. This coach hire is incredibly important for the program.
Should be no worse than 2-1 or 3-0 going into league. Who is their biggest non conference challenge?

Should be no worse than 2-1 or 3-0 going into league. Who is their biggest non conference challenge?
At VASJ - debut of two new coaches.
At Kent Roosevelt - need to read up more on Kent
Home vs Woodridge - will have to contend with a dominant line presence

And while we’re at it, can someone please explain how CVCA gave up a home game to Fairless last year to “even out scheduling,” but gets to go to Fairless again this year for the fourth time in five years?

And while we’re at it, can someone please explain how CVCA gave up a home game to Fairless last year to “even out scheduling,” but gets to go to Fairless again this year for the fourth time in five years?

If I had to guess CVCA did it to be the "good guy". Maybe they split the gate or something.

Every time CVCA gets a good 4-5 year run in football these kind of statements start popping up. When they were 4-6, 2-8,1-9 and 0-10 a few years back no one seemed to mind.
Well I've had family members that were at both schools when they started. They can attest that they are not the same. Not that it us a bad thing. They have improved in many areas and still provide a top notch education.

I would have thought they would have switched that game back to CVCA this year ??‍♂️

There are at least 3 from Extreme playing varsity. Since they are utilizing CVCA's new 3 court field house as their facility I would expect that trend to continue.
Fake news. You really have no idea what you are talking about. There is 1 girl from Xtreme and she was on the team prior to the fieldhouse being built.

The difference this time is the pieces that are now in place from a facility perspective, migration toward the privates is ramping up, and the upper administration is now firmly entrenched as opposed to 4 or 5 years ago. There is the feeling that they compete with others in all aspects. The signal should have been the deal they cut with an AAU program and its brand new facility. It was nothing illegal, just an opportunity to present itself as an attractive and viable option to parent and prospective athletes.
Again...Fake News. I feel like I am reading CNN posts with you gusterboy.