Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

America has a history of medically "abusing" anything with DNA. Progress.

As for covid, says it right here,

Blacks and Latinos had a higher rate of access to hospitalization and died at a lower rate than expected probably because of it. Nothing systemic there. Lower health died the most. We can talk all day about systemic reasons for that lower health but some cultural adjustment to eating habits and higher rate of rules following would have negated that with ease.

Sorry Hubman, I'm calling non-starter on both of those.
Et Tu Brute :)

Two semi related articles, one discusses life expectancy decreases (1 year for US as a whole, and 2.7 years for Blacks), the other discussing historical atrocities visited upon communities of color which has some in that community fearful of getting the Covid vaccine (which looking at the first article, they should be running trying to be first in line).

As for needed cultural adjustments, can't argue with that. This is one of those discussions of generational curses we heave in my "neighborhood" giving up that slave diet we have passed down through the years.

Et Tu Brute :)

Two semi related articles, one discusses life expectancy decreases (1 year for US as a whole, and 2.7 years for Blacks), the other discussing historical atrocities visited upon communities of color which has some in that community fearful of getting the Covid vaccine (which looking at the first article, they should be running trying to be first in line).

As for needed cultural adjustments, can't argue with that. This is one of those discussions of generational curses we heave in my "neighborhood" giving up that slave diet we have passed down through the years.

You can always pick up an everyday diet from the old country of casava paired with plaintain fried in fat. ;) The French may have been horrible colonialist but at least they introduced the baquette to sop up the grease.

I suspect top dog does the best eating anywhere. Casava's poison and they go a make fat gravy to poor over it to make sure population numbers stay down. And like any poor peoples food you find it in the best restaurants called gourmet. smh.

Still haven't got one, beginning to think it is a scam.

It is, don't worry about it. I mean really, a shot to give you a disease to keep you from getting that disease? Who could believe in such a thing? They're injecting micro-chips in order to BETTER track us. Best you don't get it, you'll just be a black hole in the data stream. Presuming they didn't already get you a different way.

These foil underwear are itchy and it's hard to sneak out of the house but I'll be damned if I'm letting the guvment track ME!

In seriousness: I imagine there will be many, though a small percentage who will have a worse reaction to it than to the actual disease they may or may not ever get. I'll probably be one of them, sigh.

So, my wife is a medical professional and got hers a couple months ago. She has type AB blood and had a pretty strong reaction. She received Moderna in both doses. I am in my early 60's so my number is not yet up, however, I helped out as a volunteer at a vaccine POD this past Saturday where we administered over 3,400 doses. At the end of the day they had some left over so they allowed the volunteers to get their first dose. I am type O+ and received the Pfizer vaccine. I had no side affects what-so-ever. It appears that side affects are much more common with type A and AB blood types.

I am looking forward to getting my second dose.

Wife is getting hers on Thursday. We’ve had many friends that have gotten the shots with no issues.

I am not high on the totem pole of people needing the vaccine so I’ll gladly get it when my # is called. Unfortunately it likely won’t be until much later

So, my wife is a medical professional and got hers a couple months ago. She has type AB blood and had a pretty strong reaction. She received Moderna in both doses. I am in my early 60's so my number is not yet up, however, I helped out as a volunteer at a vaccine POD this past Saturday where we administered over 3,400 doses. At the end of the day they had some left over so they allowed the volunteers to get their first dose. I am type O+ and received the Pfizer vaccine. I had no side affects what-so-ever. It appears that side affects are much more common with type A and AB blood types.

I am looking forward to getting my second dose.
Type O+ here, too. Got 1st shot today and no problem. Just bumped my arm a bit in that spot and felt that little "tingle" that others have mentioned.

As an aside, I have re-grown that two inches I have shrunk over the years. Will check for other changes tomorrow.

not sure when they drop age. From this thread, seems like numerous of you under 65 are already getting it

How many vaccines are thrown away daily?

I now have text with two friends that received that received the vaccine though they do not meet the current standards.

One received a call from her employer that told her they had vaccine that would not be used before the expiration time, so she went and got her first dose. Another friend just text me and told me that he got his first one today. He got a tip from someone that a location in southwest Ohio was throwing away vaccines daily as people don't show up. He said he waited an hour. During that time he counted 14 people that showed up for a shot.

Still no luck in getting it; the whole process is a joke. the Ohio state website is worthless; just lists vaccine providers who don't have any appointments open. The scam is getting a vaccine appointment, not Covid.

Still no luck in getting it; the whole process is a joke. the Ohio state website is worthless; just lists vaccine providers who don't have any appointments open. The scam is getting a vaccine appointment, not Covid.
My parents scoured the various drug stores' websites every night. One night, my mom found a few openings for the next day at Walgreen's.

My shot came via the county health dept. Our school was scheduled for a specific day (a Saturday in our case), and we selected our own time slot. On the way out the door, they scheduled us for the second shot. Since we were administered the Pfizer vaccine, we were scheduled for our 2nd shot in 3 weeks, and I got a similar time slot.

The vaccine is not a scam.

Have you checked with your local health department? Have you gotten on a waiting list for other vaccine providers? Are you of an age or state eligible for the shot now?

Took some effort to get our old folks on the schedule at Drug Mart.

Not sure the mass vaccination sites other states are doing are better. It is a different experience, but better? I dunno.

The vaccine is not a scam.

Have you checked with your local health department? Have you gotten on a waiting list for other vaccine providers? Are you of an age or state eligible for the shot now?

Yes, Yes, Yes. The scam part is having to sign up before you can access whether or not an appointment is available. All it is, is a scam to get your info so they can sell it or use it themselves to send you unwanted advertisements

Yes, Yes, Yes. The scam part is having to sign up before you can access whether or not an appointment is available. All it is, is a scam to get your info so they can sell it or use it themselves to send you unwanted advertisements

they do seem to ask for an awful lot of information. If it'd be this way back in the day, we'd still have polio and half of us would look like this:
lockjaw.jpg

I am not a fan of Cincinnati's current administration, however, the city health department seems to be doing a great job with the vaccine distribution.

Have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. First dose no issues other than a headache which I am not sure was from the vaccine or from changes in weather. With the second dose I had a very sore arm for 2 days or so but no other real issues. I suggest getting the shot in your non-dominant arm.
Got my first shot of the Moderna today, had one hell of a headache all day. Shot 2 in 4 weeks.

Took some effort to get our old folks on the schedule at Drug Mart.

Not sure the mass vaccination sites other states are doing are better. It is a different experience, but better? I dunno.
NC: I got on a list (4/22) with my health care provider (Wake Forest Baptist Health) and inquired (no sign up - taking only patients at the time) with our city's hospital system. In the meantime, the county has had at least three mass vaccinations at the coliseum where I got my first shot earlier this week.

All signups were done online (with the WFBH appointment now cancelled and the hospital follow-up to me marked "not needed"). In the meantime, CVS and Walgreens have begun vaccinations. The mass vaccination was very well organized, quick and painless. ?

Good Excellent job to all involved with this process, especially the vaccine developers!