Kerkvliet...dang.

Wrestling vs MD. He hit several leg attacks, looked pretty slick. Easily pinned his opponent.

I know it Is rumored that he’s a malcontent, but he is clearly very talented.

The only way I'll be more surprised than Kerk wrestling, is if Micic weighs in at The B1G Tourney. I would have bet the farm(and I have a farm)that Kerk wasn't stepping on the mat this season. Makes PSU a couple of spots higher at 285.

Cael is pretty slick. Push to wrestle dual. Now he's seed eligible, which was the plan yesterday. Obviously Gable and Mason 1,2... Case prob 3, with no seed could see one first round

Gable and Parris are gonna be tough to beat at heavy. I think Iowa is a clear favorite to win it as a team but Penn State is young!!

Howard(Freshman)
RBY(Junior)
Lee(Senior)
Bartlett(Freshman)
Berge(Junior)
Lee(R.-Freshman)
Starocci(R.-Freshman)
Brooks(Sophomore)
Beard(R.-Freshman)
Kirk(Freshman)

And bringing in Van Ness and Facundo. A lot of talent coming back for a few years.

Kirk 4xer ? Now i dont see anyone beating Penn st anytime soon.
Much better chance he’s a 0 timer than a 4 timer given he has to beat 2 people as good as Gable and Parris 3+ years. And also the fact he has admitted freestyle is what he wants to do and has made no secret that is his focus. He’s not one to be there 5 or 6 years despite the fact he could given his redshirt already and the fact he qualifies for an Olympic redshirt and this season isn’t counting on eligibility.

I’m interested to see how he does vs Steveson and Parris. I also wonder how his body will hang in there. He’s had all sorts of knee issues and has been wrestling without an ACL for a year or two. His latest injury was upper body I think. I’m not sure he stays healthy.

Much better chance he’s a 0 timer than a 4 timer given he has to beat 2 people as good as Gable and Parris 3+ years. And also the fact he has admitted freestyle is what he wants to do and has made no secret that is his focus. He’s not one to be there 5 or 6 years despite the fact he could given his redshirt already and the fact he qualifies for an Olympic redshirt and this season isn’t counting on eligibility.
Very well said. Same reason why he followed Kyle to NLWC. Snider changed the landscape in a couple ways. He was an Ohio RTC wrestler that was on the buckeye roster, there when needed. Kerk seems the same. And IMO, changed hwt too. It's much more athletic at the top than ever. Unfortunately for Kerk, Gable and Mason paid attention as well ?

Iowa will dominate this year even if PSU has Kerkvliet is... their lineup is unreal.

I could easily see Murin getting beat...Brands not placing as well. If Young or one other guy has "off day" as they have been known to do, it could get interesting...Just saying. BUt I do think it is Iowa's to lose.