Moeller AD

Which of those is an all boys school?

Golf and volleyball won state titles also during that time- not sure if boys volleyball is an OHSAA sport though,

FYI... Boys Volleyball is not

OHSAA Sponsored Sports
13 Boys & 13 Girls

--- Boys ---------- / Girls--------
01: Basketball-B___ / Basketball-G
02: Tennis-B_______ / Tennis-G
03: Cross-Country-B / Cross-Country-G
04: Track-B________ / Track-G
05: Bowling-B______ / Bowling-G
06: Soccer-B_______ / Soccer-G
07: Lacrosse-B_____ / Lacrosse-G
08: Swimming-B_____ / Swimming-G
09: Golf-B_________ / Golf-G
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
10: Baseball-B_____ / Softball-G
11: Wrestling______ / Gymnastics
12: Ice Hocky-B____ / Field Hockey-G
13: Football-B_____ / Volleyball-G

:>---

EGA

I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence that everyone with needs happens to be good athletes.

I can tell you Moeller does not give full tuition aid to anyone. It is called "aid for a reason. So no matter who is getting "aid" still has top come up with a lot of money to fill the gap to $14,300. Another uneducated poster when it comes to the facts related to Moeller's student enrollment.

I can tell you Moeller does not give full tuition aid to anyone. It is called "aid for a reason. So no matter who is getting "aid" still has top come up with a lot of money to fill the gap to $14,300. Another uneducated poster when it comes to the facts related to Moeller's student enrollment.
Does the school pay you to sit around all day and defend them in this thread?

Also follow up questions:
1. Does the school give need based travel assistance? Like we need a good point guard so we'll make sure to give your parents gas money for the hour long commute.

2. Does the school pay for moving expenses if you're coming from out of state but are a really good jump shooter?

Bingo! Dads practically throw their kids at moeller coaches. Have heard too many times some dad brag about how their kids got recruited at Moeller and would have gotten a free ride- meanwhile that kid barely cracked the roster of the freshman team at their local public. It’s always rumor and “my brothers friend or my neighbors kid”. It’s tired
Can confirm this is a classic dad maneuver. "Kremer really wanted my kid"

I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence that everyone with needs happens to be good athletes.
How about don’t speak unless you know what you are talking about. Lots of kids who never played a sport at Moeller get financial aid. What an uniformed, cliche post.

1. Does the school give need based travel assistance? Like we need a good point guard so we'll make sure to give your parents gas money for the hour long commute.

2. Does the school pay for moving expenses if you're coming from out of state but are a really good jump shooter?
Oh. I think I can interpret:
We can’t beat them. :They must cheat

they have a good program. :They must cheat

I have no facts to back this up. I don’t know what I’m talking about.: I’ll just say it a different way and louder. I like to hear myself

How gullible are you guys. Kid got all expenses paid with the expectation he would produce on the diamond. Moeller didn't get a dime from the kid's affluent parents.

Last edited:
Catcher from Valley View who went on to play at UD. Want me to give you his name. Scholly was only need based in the sense that Moe needed a Catcher.
This is simply just not true. His parents may have told you this, just like I hear many parents brag about their kids getting “full rides” in sports that can’t even offer them for college. I know it’s fun to hate on the big guys but some of you are just delusional.***
I am going to amend this as I know who you are talking about and his parents are good people- if he did earn funds to attend Moeller it was based on other demographics besides athletic ability. I assure you no full ride was given- athlete or not. Moeller lists all of their scholarships on their website- you are welcome to check them out. Financial aid is considered as well- a form has to be filed and there is a limited pot of $ and always more applications than funds available. It’s just ridiculous when people have “heard” or assume but try to state it as fact- it’s just not true

Last edited:
Some funny stuff in this thread. Moe is the worst cheating program in the state and it isn't even close. That is a fact and everyone in the coaching circles in the state knows it, especially everyone in Southwest Ohio. What is funny is Moe decided not to play Cov Cath because they got out recruited for Starks. They give tons of money to hoopers and heck, they give more money than what the system says the family is supposed to get. Every GCL school uses one system that tells how much aid the kid is supposed to get. Doesn't matter to Moe.

No, No and No.

The majority of me says this "recruiting based on athletics" is simply jealousy and Moeller is just better at it (and willing to be more aggressive) than other schools. They have a proven record of success and a geographic location that allows them to attract many kids from a large footprint. The championships on the court and notoriety that comes along with it has clearly worked out well for the school. Similar to St X in swimming (who get kids from far and wide), when you are good at what you do, parents reach out proactively.

A small part of me says Moeller is shady as hell, get transfers coming and going every year, and annually assemble a tri-state all star team.

Can we all agree that at the end of the end of the day, all (male/female) parochial schools “recruit” in some way – some more aggressive then others. There are open houses, grade school summer league teams, grade school camps, grade school tournaments held at the school facilities, art contest, etc. These schools are consistently recruiting due to the shrinking number of kids that are going to the parochial grade schools. Let’s be honest, there are at times the catholic schools “ease the burden” on the tuition bill based on athletic ability but these schools also give scholarships for other things as well such as academic performance.

What the parochial schools do not have is a direct line to the kids when they are first introduce to the sports. They cannot dictate how the local grade schools are running the teams. The public schools do have this ability - look at what Kerry Combs did at building up the Colerain football program. He worked his rear-end off to do this (and probably did some questionable things) but it was successful because he made an effort to keep the athletes in his program.

My thought is the public school athletic programs are getting outworked by the parochial schools and now everyone is whining (example gmc not playing GCL schools a while back). Why are the athletes leaving a school they have been in for a while to go to a parochial school with a very different culture all together and do no know that many people at the school? What’s offered there that they are not getting in their current situation?

Coach Kremer complimented my 6th grader on his hustle and his game after a league game at Moeller yesterday.

Uh oh - was he being illegally recruited?????

This is simply just not true. His parents may have told you this, just like I hear many parents brag about their kids getting “full rides” in sports that can’t even offer them for college. I know it’s fun to hate on the big guys but some of you are just delusional.***
I am going to amend this as I know who you are talking about and his parents are good people- if he did earn funds to attend Moeller it was based on other demographics besides athletic ability. I assure you no full ride was given- athlete or not. Moeller lists all of their scholarships on their website- you are welcome to check them out. Financial aid is considered as well- a form has to be filed and there is a limited pot of $ and always more applications than funds available. It’s just ridiculous when people have “heard” or assume but try to state it as fact- it’s just not true
THE KID TOLD ME! They even helped with transportation! Your school cheats! Just not as well in football as you used to. I am done wasting my time with you.

Last edited:
The majority of me says this "recruiting based on athletics" is simply jealousy and Moeller is just better at it (and willing to be more aggressive) than other schools. They have a proven record of success and a geographic location that allows them to attract many kids from a large footprint. The championships on the court and notoriety that comes along with it has clearly worked out well for the school. Similar to St X in swimming (who get kids from far and wide), when you are good at what you do, parents reach out proactively.

A small part of me says Moeller is shady as hell, get transfers coming and going every year, and annually assemble a tri-state all star team.
And yet, the Bombers have swept the all-sports trophy every year since 2008 and have won at least a piece of the GCL title in every sport so far this year, besides bowling. Better luck next year Moe ;) ;)

And yet, the Bombers have swept the all-sports trophy every year since 2008 and have won at least a piece of the GCL title in every sport so far this year, besides bowling. Better luck next year Moe ;) ;)

Amazing how St. X is able to scrap together competitive athletic teams with an enrollment of only 1600 boys from all over Greater Cincinnati and a 50Mil endowment?

Ever think possibly, Moeller probably practiced before the CYO games and he was still in the building? He's allowed to do that. Moeller and Kremer are so in all your heads its laughable.

I think that is exactly what happened. And I don’t think there is anything at all wrong with it. Heck, even if it weren’t in Moeller’s building, of course high school coaches should be “allowed” to watch grade school games and talk to the kids. How stupid would it be to prevent them from doing so??? It would be terrible for the kids. What parent wouldn’t want their kid to have as much exposure as possible to coaches???

Some of you people have your heads so far up your collective es that you can’t see the forest for the trees. So let me explain it to you - high school sports aren’t about YOU or your precious alma mater. It is about the kids and what’s best for the kids.

And what is best for the kids??? —- getting the most exposure to different coaches/programs and being provided the most opportunities so THEY (and their parents) can make the best choice for THEM (not YOU)!!!

Btw - I say this about Moeller/Kremer as an X fan and one who is 99% sure his son is going to X. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want my son to have the opportunity to consider a program like Moeller particularly if there was some kind of relationship there.

You guys laugh but kremer just offered my unborn son a full ride last night. He’s out of control and needs to be reined in

Moe also gives out plenty "leadership" scholarships - and these always seem to go to good athletes for the most part :unsure:. Moeller basketball really has it going on now so their "recruiting" is much easier. They are arguably the best basketball program in the state, they have great coaches, great facilities, and kids want to go there to be a part of it. I think they mostly play by the rules but they are not shy about going hard for kids they want. Moeller wins, the best athletes win but the losers are the misguided kids/parents who actually think their kids will ever see the field/court there - same goes for St X. So many kids that could have contributed at a smaller school are cut or rot on the bench and waste a high school career.

Moe also gives out plenty "leadership" scholarships - and these always seem to go to good athletes for the most part :unsure:. Moeller basketball really has it going on now so their "recruiting" is much easier. They are arguably the best basketball program in the state, they have great coaches, great facilities, and kids want to go there to be a part of it. I think they mostly play by the rules but they are not shy about going hard for kids they want. Moeller wins, the best athletes win but the losers are the misguided kids/parents who actually think their kids will ever see the field/court there - same goes for St X. So many kids that could have contributed at a smaller school are cut or rot on the bench and waste a high school career.

Wrong, Moeller does not give out "Leadership Scholarships". That would be LaSalle. Moeller provides aid based financial assistance thru Endowment. Nice try however.