Tom Pavlansky is new Poland head football coach

Yeah. That 2005 team was absolutely loaded. If Babbaro doesn’t get hurt, they probably would’ve won the state championship...
This is the honest to God truth, I don't know what game that other guy was watching.

Anyone know who is joining Pav's staff? Any long time Poland Assistants? Anyone from Lakeview going with him, Chet Allen?

Canfield lost to TCC in 2005 in the state championship game and was clearly the better team in every aspect of the game, a missed call on safety was the difference in the game, plus several other bad calls and just plain bad luck and injuries to several key players the starting QB & HB to name a few. 2004 Canfield lost to eventual state champions Brookhaven and gave them their closest game all year. 2006 Canfield narrowly lost to state runners up Pick Central in their closest game of the year before the championship game.
2015 Canfield was a very good team as well, Canfield lost to SV-SM who lost to eventual state champions Archbishop Hoban, SV-SM played Hoban the closest btw (3 points). 2017 Canfield lost to SV-SM again, this time narrowly by 3 points even though they were the better team, just one mistake cost them the game. 2018 Canfield lost to eventual state champion Kenston. This past year Canfield lost to eventual state champion Chardon, and gave them their closest game outside of DeSales in the actual championship game.

So Canfield has had 6 or 7 years where they could have conceivably won a state championship if they caught a few breaks rather than have the breaks go the other way. They had all the components, they just didn't always have the best luck, and luck is part of the game.
2005 and 2017. Those were legit shots to win it all. Every other year was a blowout, early round loss, and/or not the opponents closest game all year. 2005 was really good.

2005 and 2017. Those were legit shots to win it all. Every other year was a blowout, early round loss, and/or not the opponents closest game all year. 2005 was really good.
Being an early round loss means nothing. Just because it was a first or second round exit doesn't mean they wouldn't have won the championship.

05 Canfield was the real deal. Watched them in person on their playoff run. Lot of talent and the 7-0 win over Louisville at Mollenkopf is still one of my favorite games. They most likely have a state championship if Babbaro does not get hurt in that title game.

If someone video taped it when it was televised that would be the only way. They didn't sell copies of championships games that year unfortunately. STO aired a replay of it once, I don't recall how many years ago exactly. I ran into some STO personnel a few years ago in Akron and they told me they don't have any of the footage from the 2005 games anymore for whatever reason.

If that's the case I suspect the new Boardman coach will be placing some phone calls, and maybe Mike Pav himself. Why would Poland want to turn into a small line (when you've got big kids up front), chuck it 50 times a game sort of team? It sort of reminds me of 2019 when Williams tried to "open up the offense" and they were not good at it almost losing to Marlington and then losing to a bad Boardman team pretty convincingly. Then they decided to play power football again and went to the state semis.

If that's the case I suspect the new Boardman coach will be placing some phone calls, and maybe Mike Pav himself. Why would Poland want to turn into a small line (when you've got big kids up front), chuck it 50 times a game sort of team? It sort of reminds me of 2019 when Williams tried to "open up the offense" and they were not good at it almost losing to Marlington and then losing to a bad Boardman team pretty convincingly. Then they decided to play power football again and went to the state semis.
Why would they call mike pav? Lol

I took it as pav would be calling the Poland assistants, not Poland for a job but those assistants who don’t get retained. Did I miss something?
Yeah, same. Think he meant the fallout at Poland, MP will be contacting some of the coaches that aren’t on staff anymore.

No shot he would leave Canfield for boardman to deal with that horrible school board and politics
What does that even mean? Didn’t Canfield have some huge issue last year where they had superintendent and school board members resign? I hate when people act like everything is perfect in their district or other districts and want to denegrate another district. What’s the basis for your statement about a horrible school board and politics at Boardman? Also please let me know how Canfield instead has a great board and no politics (I’d love to hear the no politics part). Go ahead...

What does that even mean? Didn’t Canfield have some huge issue last year where they had superintendent and school board members resign? I hate when people act like everything is perfect in their district or other districts and want to denegrate another district. What’s the basis for your statement about a horrible school board and politics at Boardman? Also please let me know how Canfield instead has a great board and no politics (I’d love to hear the no politics part). Go ahead...
You on the school board? Lol in all seriousness pav is in a good place with his program. But the point about school boards in general is accurate. You should see the bozos on the struthers board.

You mad

Obviously I meant that Mike Pavlansky would have maybe called some former Poland assistants, lol. But I doubt Tom would clean house anyway, doesn't make sense.

You on the school board? Lol in all seriousness pav is in a good place with his program. But the point about school boards in general is accurate. You should see the bozos on the struthers board.
Haha no. I’m just saying Boardman’s school board is no different than any others in the valley. They all have their issues and it’s certainly a job I’d never want. Dealing with the public is not fun, especially in today’s culture where everyone’s kid is perfect and it’s always someone else’s fault. In general, school board members are there for good reasons but there are some on there for their own (or their kids short-term) agenda which is terrible. I don’t see that with Boardman’s current board at least. Doesn’t make them great or perfect though.

Either of the Pavs Are not coming to Boardman but it’s not because of the politics or board at Boardman which, seemed like an unusual comment. I’d actually say politics and boards are much worse at Canfield or Poland than Boardman, which makes the comment make even less sense. Politics exist everywhere though.

It’s almost like he knew this Poland job would open up, that’s why he didn’t want to play last season at all
Are you talking about Pav? He is the guy who lead the charge to play football for all of Ohio. They opted out of the playoffs but played two more games.