• Sycamore (8-16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (7-16)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colerain (1-22)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hamilton playing with some fire after all that mess. My Vikings are playing better, but too many games in a week span. I still think LE will win the conference over FF

So I was looking at some stats on the GMC website and noticed that the leading scorer Trey Killens of Mason only scored 2 points last year as a junior. Great to see a kid wait his turn and develop his game over the off-season. Its rare in the GMC to see a player explode on the scene as a senior. Kudos.

Anyone with any insight, I would love to hear this kids story.

Killens dad played in the NFL. From Purcell then Penn State I believe. So the bloodlines are there. I have said before not many around get more from their kids than Coach Richards does. Just produces good, solid basketball players. Coach Adkins at East also appears to do a similar job though the senior kid they have this season is very good.

Princeton shut down for Covid again.
3rd time for the Vikes and many teams have had 2 times thus far--the top-seeded teams, with the draw on Sunday, better consider taking byes to limit the # of exposures at the sectional level and getting quarantined simply from playing an opponent who has a kid test positive within 2 days of playing in a game. Alot of risk playing 3 games in the sectional when the bye can get you to the District playing just 2 games.

Interested to see how honest teams/coaches will be when it comes to disclosing exposure
I can tell you the "honesty" on disclosing covid/tracing/pausing is not being done uniformly from school to school or even from county to county in this area---Clermont County Health Dept. has been far more stringent in shutting teams down than schools have encountered in Hamilton, Butler or Warren Counties---not sure what the difference is, but Goshen, Milford, New Richmond, Bethel Tate have had multiple pauses during this season thus far. Maybe it's just luck that many big-name teams have avoided "pausing", but I predict some team or teams will get knocked out of the tourney due to having to quarantine for 14 days and be unavailable to play. It's 2021 so who knows!!

Last edited:
East beat Mason
Middletown buzzer beater knocks off FF.
Hearing rumors Satterfield and Zongo left Oak Hills and they beat Colerain 37-30
JElder, I haven't been following Cincinnati basketball very closely this year like I typically do (pandemic and all). Do you have any insight as to why Sage Tolentino isn't showing up in the Hamilton box scores either? Did he leave the school as well?

As for Satterfield and Zongo leaving Oak Hills, I'm not surprised. To be honest, neither were that good (we're not talking OJ Mayo and Bill Walker here), but they are promising sophomores. I'm sure there was a lot of conflict with Price getting them to play within his motion offense and getting them to play defense. If they stayed at Oak Hills, they would have developed into phenomenal all-around players by the time they were seniors, but I guess it wasn't the AAU-style basketball that they're used to. Zongo will be get Power 5 offers because of his length, but he is so raw. Satterfield doesn't even look like a D1 player right now to be honest. He is only 6-2 and doesn't handle the ball well or shoot that well.

Yeah I can agree. I didn't expect them to be that good this year. Hardman is very easy to take out of the game because he is one-dimensional with shooting and can't really score off the dribble. The coaching has been pretty good overall, but I haven't seen too much young basketball talent on the lower levels at Princeton. It might be Transfer City for Princeton in the off season
Vike16, do you think Hardman is good enough for Ohio State? He reminds me of Orlando Williams from awhile back. Has some length and is a knock-dead shooter, but doesn't do much else. Williams had a nice college career between Miami-OH and EKU, but that is still a far cry from potential #1 seed Ohio State.

Vike16, do you think Hardman is good enough for Ohio State? He reminds me of Orlando Williams from awhile back. Has some length and is a knock-dead shooter, but doesn't do much else. Williams had a nice college career between Miami-OH and EKU, but that is still a far cry from potential #1 seed Ohio State.
Not as good as Orlando jr , he needs a good spring summer in weight room which is hard for AAU .also don’t have the support players like Orlando had his junior/ senior year those teams was loaded with D-1 / D-2 talent

JElder, I haven't been following Cincinnati basketball very closely this year like I typically do (pandemic and all). Do you have any insight as to why Sage Tolentino isn't showing up in the Hamilton box scores either? Did he leave the school as well?

As for Satterfield and Zongo leaving Oak Hills, I'm not surprised. To be honest, neither were that good (we're not talking OJ Mayo and Bill Walker here), but they are promising sophomores. I'm sure there was a lot of conflict with Price getting them to play within his motion offense and getting them to play defense. If they stayed at Oak Hills, they would have developed into phenomenal all-around players by the time they were seniors, but I guess it wasn't the AAU-style basketball that they're used to. Zongo will be get Power 5 offers because of his length, but he is so raw. Satterfield doesn't even look like a D1 player right now to be honest. He is only 6-2 and doesn't handle the ball well or shoot that well.

The Hamilton kids were out due to transfer issues but they were just ruled eligible by OHSAA a few days ago. I think both KJ and Zongo will be D1 kids but Zongo has a long way to go in the classroom and from a maturity level. That was a terrible fit from the beginning, the OH community wasn't happy about it and Price did nothing to help the kids with his style of play. I think they end up at Cov Cath and will take off from there.

His sophomore numbers are comparable to Orlando's. The shooting percentage is a little lower, but I think Hardman is more "the guy" than Orlando was his sophomore year. Jordan Sibert was a better all around player than both as a sophomore and he wasn't that impactful at OSU before he went to Dayton.

The Hamilton kids were out due to transfer issues but they were just ruled eligible by OHSAA a few days ago. I think both KJ and Zongo will be D1 kids but Zongo has a long way to go in the classroom and from a maturity level. That was a terrible fit from the beginning, the OH community wasn't happy about it and Price did nothing to help the kids with his style of play. I think they end up at Cov Cath and will take off from there.
If they're eligible now, are the Hamilton forfeits going to be reversed? It shouldn't be Hamilton's fault that the OHSAA screwed up on this one.

If they're eligible now, are the Hamilton forfeits going to be reversed? It shouldn't be Hamilton's fault that the OHSAA screwed up on this one.

No, the article that I read said the family just closed on a house in the Hamilton city school District. Therefore he was ineligible prior and now he becomes eligible.

I think Fairfield had a really great game plan on Hardman. Logan Woods just face guarded him and took away his ability to get open off the screen. They forced him to show if he could score off the dribble and Hardman really struggled that game. I will admit if you let Hardman get open off the screen he will rain three's all night from 30 feet. I think Hardman has to develop more on his offensive game and he not that athletic for his size, but he has a lot of talent and time to grow under Wyant over the summer

Does Hamilton rehire the AD as well , seems like they jump the ball on firing him

If true, they definitely jumped the ball on firing him. I don't think Hamilton will rehire the AD, but definitely should give him a good recommendation so he can get a new job

Hamilton's former AD Bill Stewart resigned, he was not fired. He also has been retired from another school district for a while now. He was most recently the AD at Lebanon. I am sure if he wanted to work again he could find a job rather easily.
Hamilton's 7 foot transfer played against FF last night.

Hamilton's former AD Bill Stewart resigned, he was not fired. He also has been retired from another school district for a while now. He was most recently the AD at Lebanon. I am sure if he wanted to work again he could find a job rather easily.
Hamilton's 7 foot transfer played against FF last night.
You can say he resigned but we all know he was told to either resign or get fired

As far as I know only one kid was cleared to play because his family just closed on a house (there are two boys that were in question) Sage Tolentino was cleared but it was never really clear if he was ever even inelligible. (his family has supposedly been living here since late summer) The other kid EJ Kapihe has not been cleared and from what I am hearing he will not be cleared because his family does not live in ohio and they never have lived in ohio. From what I am being told according to OHSSA you have to have a parent or guradian living or have declared residency in ohio to be eligible to play in any school. There is way more to the story from what I am being told. I think the AD is taking all the blame for this one but pretty sure there were some others that should have had some consequences.

1st round tournament action, Mason just held West Clermont to 2 first half points (31-2 lead at half) en route to winning 62-20. Trey Killens led the way for Mason with 15.

First time seeing Killens play (wasn't a varsity player last year), but he is impressive. How in the world was this guy not playing before his senior year? He reminds me of Carl Richburg from Mason awhile back. Certainly, D2 schools are knocking down the door for this guy, right?

Mason, as always, is a disciplined, well-coached team, but they lack in size and athletic ability inside (this actually used to be the typical Mason team from the 90s and 2000s). I worry that they will have no answer for McKinley from Walnut Hills in the next round (what an impressive freshman), and certainly, I can't see them getting by Fairfield after that.

I was wondering the same thing about Killens. Scored 2 points his whole junior season. Not something you see often in D1 hoops.

1st round tournament action, Mason just held West Clermont to 2 first half points (31-2 lead at half) en route to winning 62-20. Trey Killens led the way for Mason with 15.

First time seeing Killens play (wasn't a varsity player last year), but he is impressive. How in the world was this guy not playing before his senior year? He reminds me of Carl Richburg from Mason awhile back. Certainly, D2 schools are knocking down the door for this guy, right?

Mason, as always, is a disciplined, well-coached team, but they lack in size and athletic ability inside (this actually used to be the typical Mason team from the 90s and 2000s). I worry that they will have no answer for McKinley from Walnut Hills in the next round (what an impressive freshman), and certainly, I can't see them getting by Fairfield after that.

Tough to say you can't see Mason beating Fairfield, considering they lost to Fairfield by 1 point during the season at Fairfield. And I think Mason has a great chance to beat Walnut Hills.

I think Fairfield had a really great game plan on Hardman. Logan Woods just face guarded him and took away his ability to get open off the screen. They forced him to show if he could score off the dribble and Hardman really struggled that game. I will admit if you let Hardman get open off the screen he will rain three's all night from 30 feet. I think Hardman has to develop more on his offensive game and he not that athletic for his size, but he has a lot of talent and time to grow under Wyant over the summer
Great that Hardman has a D1 offer. I don’t see it and I’ve seen him play several times. His shooting percentage is not one of a great or even good shooter. He forces shots and can’t create his own shot. Not sure why folks keep saying he is a shooter. Take the scholie and run!