Orrville Football

Orrville Man

Well i heard and read that Coach Davault has stepped down, I hope the admin does the right thing on this hire. Who do all the Orrville football people want to get this job ?

I heard the same news. It sounds like he will still be employed at the school, so maybe he would have a say in hi successor. If I hear of anything, I will try to post on here.

well i see that the job isn't posted on the OHSAA web site, so i guess the so called A.D. if that's what's she is called, and the Super already have the guy in line. I'am sure glad i don't live in that town anymore. Just read about the sports and have people fill me in on the schools.

I had
Per @AaronDorksen on Twitter: Orrville has hired Matt Zuercher as its football coach. Zuercher led his alma mater Waynedale to 58-57 record from 2006-16, including 4 playoff trips. He was an OHS assistant the last 4 years under Doug Davault. Watch for story coming soon from WC Bargain Hunter website.

I had to laugh at his article - "One minority candidate was interviewed." Is this going to become a thing at the HS level now?

Well I wonder what all the Orrville football alum and the old timers in town think about this hire, he has been at Orrville for four years and he thinks he knows about Orrville tradition. I WILL have to B.S. on that. He was brought in by the superintendent to replace the old head coach. If i'am not mistaken the school and the two money programs are all run by people from the WAYNE COUNTY LEAGUE, i bet that will sit well with the community and levy voters, Glad i moved away along time ago.

Orrville isn’t going to be good for awhile so this was probably the “safest” hire for the admin, but when their Supe hired the gal from Dalton for AD job you could have predicted this would be the outcome (as some did).

Orrville isn’t going to be good for awhile so this was probably the “safest” hire for the admin, but when their Supe hired the gal from Dalton for AD job you could have predicted this would be the outcome (as some did).

Orville is entering a very dark period in their program unless some kids move in from Wooster again, which is entirely possible.

Orville is entering a very dark period in their program unless some kids move in from Wooster again, which is entirely possible.
Will be interesting since Wooster coach also stepped down. He had kept most of their talent from leaving & even taken some kids from Orrville.

In talking with some Orrville people, the AD is one of the Biggest problems also!

Last edited:
where is Marquael Parks these days? is he completely out of football? I would've guessed he had his offers revoked.

With the author of the article it is like TMZ, so do not expect this at a major news outlet, he has been trying to "blow" certain stories up for years, loves the drama
Yup. He used to do good work on the hs previews in the Wooster paper, but not sure he ever realized that being a sports guy for a small county newspaper is the equivalent of being the tallest kid in 2nd grade - "that's neat, but it doesn't matter." When he wrote his "I'm walking away" column you'd have thought Montana, Jordan & Ripken were all leaving their sports in the middle of their careers.