2021 valley view spartans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading between the lines, this seems logical to me as well. Coaches weren't given opportunities to improve or to change what was found. That's probably the part that feels the most difficult to stomach.

From a pure football perspective, I do think this hurts the program overall. Not just from losing a head coach with a lot of experience, or how this was handled, I think both coordinators were good at coaching their specialty. I personally think the OC was outstanding. He did a lot to help kids get exposure to recruiting for one. He also was very detailed with how he coached the offense and on how he coached each player personally. I expected him to eventually be a potential head coach at VV in the future. The DC coached one of the stronger classes, the current Soph more class, when they were in middle school. Many in the community pointed towards that group as being the next great VV class. That also feels a little empty now losing him as they hit their two prime years in football.

At VV, many in the community get blinded by those state championships in the 90's. So every season they think it's a chance for another state title. But since Jay Niswonger left, the teams that actually have state championship quality teams have been few and far between. BUT, with that being said, the past 4-5 years have produced some of the best VV teams in the past 15 years. Teams that are building towards state championship type runs. Those were under Coach Stid and these two coordinators. You could make an argument that the VV team that lost to CM in 2017 (20-28), was the third best team in the state. The winner of that CM/VV game felt like they would play for state, which Clinton Massie did, ultimately losing to Steubenville. The 2019 VV team was one of the better teams in DIV that season. Beating both Roger Bacon and CM before losing to eventual state champion Wyoming. And I think you can argue that the 2020 VV team was one of the better teams in DIV losing in the Regional Final to Wyoming in 2OTs. From my perspective, the program was actually meeting higher standards on the field recently, has a great class heading towards their junior season, and now will lose what many view, are very quality coaches.
They need that dynamic offensive mind/talent from a coach.

It takes so much to build what Jay did. He, McSurley and Hetrick at Versailles are masters at getting the kids to play and development of that talent. The kids bought in 1000%. We did at Milton in my day but the systems weren't in place to give us a chance. No minimizing what Valley View did first and best in the SWBL.

They need that dynamic offensive mind/talent from a coach.

VV usually does. Then again, I think their OC did a fine job with that. Maybe they'll reach out to Coach Niswonger. He's a VV legend, still coaching as OC at Beavercreek. It would be a full circle to bring him back.

I can't believe Chad Murphy isn't being discussed more. In my opinion, hes one of the best high school coaches out there. He turned around Hamilton and built a program, before being canned when he was getting his best talent. He's been at the high school level from all top divisions as a coordinator, has coached around many coaches, and has been at the college level. I think he should be at the top of the list for many schools.

I can't believe Chad Murphy isn't being discussed more. In my opinion, hes one of the best high school coaches out there. He turned around Hamilton and built a program, before being canned when he was getting his best talent. He's been at the high school level from all top divisions as a coordinator, has coached around many coaches, and has been at the college level. I think he should be at the top of the list for many schools.

I can't say if he has been discussed by these schools in particular. He may have been. I'm not familiar enough to say either way.

VV usually does. Then again, I think their OC did a fine job with that. Maybe they'll reach out to Coach Niswonger. He's a VV legend, still coaching as OC at Beavercreek. It would be a full circle to bring him back.
THAT would be interesting. That is how small schools win state championships; dynamic coaches develop dynamic players such as qb. Just imagine if Madison had developed a qb that could throw a 10 yard screen pass.

Do they want Jay back? Not like he was killing it when he left..
Personally I don’t think he’ll come back unless there’s like a short term thing to fill-in he told me himself it’s a different time it’s really really hard to coach in this time. I’ll parents think their kids going pro

To be honest, I haven't heard anything about the new coaching search. Seems very quiet. I think there was still hope of things not going that route.
A lot of dirty stuff is going on From the school board. I guess they had a deal work out to bring all the coaches back from last year and then one the school board members decided to change the his vote Now I said their going to ago in a different direction with coaching

A lot of dirty stuff is going on From the school board. I guess they had a deal work out to bring all the coaches back from last year and then one the school board members decided to change the his vote Now I said their going to ago in a different direction with coaching
There was a board member that had a pudgy 5’11” son that played basketball who had received a letter from Bobby Knight (The General). That is how whacked out some of those people have to be.

Every school deals with it. Valley View will rebound but I don't think Jay is the guy for these kids of today. We though the kids in the late 80s and through the 90s were soft. These kids today are very soft. Jay would ruin some kids. Lol

I found this on Facebook. #STANDWITHSKID
#STANDWITHVVCOACHES

Please tell me again why Mr. Richards and a few board members who have no spine are not listening to the community and realize what great coaches we have!!
5 years 43-13 record, as well as the below accomplishments!
SW District Coach of The Year – Div. 4
Dayton Daily News Coach of The Year – Div. 4/5
SWBL Coach of The Year
SW District Coach of The Year – Div. 4
MVFCA Coach of The Year – Div. 4
State of Ohio Coach of The Year – Div. 4
MVFCA Coach of The year – Div. 4
Dayton Daily News Coach of The Year – Div. 4/5
MVFCA Coach of The Year – Div. 4
Butch Stidham
MVFCA Assistant Coach of The Year – 2019 & 2020

I went back and read all the school board minutes from 2020 and watched the meetings from 2021. The 2021 minutes have yet to be posted. I will state only FACTS here and will comment at a later time. I found some items I thought interesting.

Returning board members are Angie Valenti, Mark Cline and Elliot Boyd

January 13, 2020 Meeting
Ben DeGroat and Spencer Izor are brought in as new board members

Resolution VII 1-4 passed
Naming the Superintendent as Purchasing Agent in 2020, authorizing him to accept resignations, authorizing him to hire staff between board meetings and names him the designee for student disciplinary suspensions.

May 2020 - School Levy Passes

July 22, 2020 Meeting
Board approves a 5 year contract for the Superintendent running from 8-1-21 to 7-31-26
adding this to 1 year left on his current contract locking him up for 6 more years

August 10, 2020 Meeting
VVTA contract approved from 7-1-20 to 6-30-21

Position of part-time communication coordinator is created

November 9, 2020 Meeting
Approved Butch Stidham as varsity boys basketball coach - vote is 4-1 with Izor voting no
*****He is the only coach to be singled out and voted on in this manner during the whole 2020 year of board meetings. This is also after basketball had already started.

December 15, 2020 Meeting
Item F Discuss funding of building project - discrete portion

February 8, 2021 Meeting on video - this all occurred after the 10 community members were permitted to speak
Superintendent gave an update that Valley View was going to be about 1.3 million dollars short from the state money approved for the building project do the the STATE making a clerical error. He presented several options to consider moving forward.

Knowing this, he then ask to create a director of administrative services position. Was referred to in the discussion as an assistant Superintendent position to help with the new construction. Voted to pass 4-1 with Valenti voting no.

Then immediately asked to vote what sounded like Todd Kozarec to this position. I found that this person is the current high school Principal. Voted to pass 4-1 with Valenti voting no.

Now that an assistant Superintendent is hired, the current Superintendent wants to go back in to the classroom to teach a life skills class at the high school. After some good discussion, board approves this action with a 4-1 vote with Valenti voting no.

Recap
Since the levy passed to build the new schools, Valley View has created a part-time PR position, created a assistant Superintendent position and has their Superintendent going back in to the classroom to teach a life skills class. The Superintendent was also given a 5 year contract extension running through 7-31-2026. They have also learned that they could be starting 1.3 million dollars behind on the construction costs do to no fault of their own.

Butch Stidham was the ONLY coach the entire year to voted on individually. And this vote was not unanimous.

School board members with last names that match the football roster from the SWBL website for the last season: Izor. DeGroat and two Valenti's. There is also a Stidham on the team. Can't know by looking at that if these are the children, relative or no relation at all to those involved in this.

All this is public record or can be found on the SWBL website. Have fun with it and I will be back in a few days to add my opinions on this matter and ask a few questions to those closer to the situation.

So the VV saga continues. The AD steps down to go back and be a teacher. Also, the superintendent is going to teach a life skills class. Doesn't he have more to worry about?

So the VV saga continues. The AD steps down to go back and be a teacher. Also, the superintendent is going to teach a life skills class. Doesn't he have more to worry about?
Mike Kilroy been trying to warn the Community for years but noone listens and after they get the school levy passed everything Mike said came true. Mike was so frustrated he tried to run for the SB but someone wrote Anonymous letter to the Dayton daily news saying at Mike was a sexual predator with no proof the Dayton daily news Publish the story anyways ( he is currently soon right now) Mike is not likable but he is really smart and everything he said came true

Wow this thread has gotten so out of control. First things first coach Skidmore QUIT. Its been told that he was ask to clean some things up,and didn’t. So instead of trying to work out the situation it is been told that he resigned. If you listen close enough there is alot of dirty laundry out there to go around. I am pretty sure those people envolved don’t want that spread all over the internet, but maybe I am wrong. But some of the things that was said early on were way off base and offensive to the community. One way or another once again wins are so much more important then teaching good character, we have enough spoiled athletes already but hey what do I know just somebody with an opinion like every one else on her.

Wow this thread has gotten so out of control. First things first coach Skidmore QUIT. Its been told that he was ask to clean some things up,and didn’t. So instead of trying to work out the situation it is been told that he resigned. If you listen close enough there is alot of dirty laundry out there to go around. I am pretty sure those people envolved don’t want that spread all over the internet, but maybe I am wrong. But some of the things that was said early on were way off base and offensive to the community. One way or another once again wins are so much more important then teaching good character, we have enough spoiled athletes already but hey what do I know just somebody with an opinion like every one else on her.
Your way off base

I have heard some things similar also just didn’t want to put it out there. There’s two sides to every story and the public hasn’t heard either side really. I was shocked to see the AD step down when they’re looking for a new coach and, just my speculation, probably a new basketball coach. Hopefully VV will settle things down here soon.

Your way off base
Really? First you say you were told that it was racism, and now you are trying to say that a person who was totally against newer schools and up to date technologies Was right about what. That after they get new schools that they are going to want people who represent the schools to act the right way? And by the way most of the people who runs for school boards have a agenda unfortunately. And sir I know a whole lot more about this sit than you can imagine!

Really? First you say you were told that it was racism, and now you are trying to say that a person who was totally against newer schools and up to date technologies Was right about what. That after they get new schools that they are going to want people who represent the schools to act the right way? And by the way most of the people who runs for school boards have a agenda unfortunately. And sir I know a whole lot more about this sit than you can imagine!
Hey tell us about it then what’s going on

Status
Not open for further replies.