Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Twix

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
Did someone seriously just say "candy corn?"

There's some alien DNA going on there.

Comes from the same race as those that like crappy sugar water in wax bottles.
wax-bottles2_1024x1024.jpg

Look at the ingredient list for this "candy"

Refined Wax, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (preservatives), Artificial Colors (FD&C red 40, blue 1, yellow 5, yellow 6), BHT (to maintain freshness). Soy may be present.

Anything that starts with the ingredient refined wax cannot be called food.

Not to take this thing too side ways but found this one>
s-l500.jpg

Probably a big seller with the 5th grade boys market.

Did you save the Mallo Cup Play Money??
HaHa, No, but I do remember that cardboard cash.

A buddy and I saved them. For $5 worth redeemed you would get 10 free Mellow Cups
(either 10 singles or 5 doubles)
values were: 1¢ / 5¢ / 10¢ / 25 ¢ / 50¢ / $1
the 50¢ and $1 cards were very rare.
in 6 years (7th grade thru high school) we mailed them in twice.

:>---

EGA

1613598745547.png

I can only find it in special candy stores. I haven't found it in a grocery store or convenient food store in years. I love CVG Airport because their specialty candy store sells it.

Last edited:
The specialized Reece cups - your easter eggs, christmas trees, etc. Without doing any research other than taste, the chocolate to peanut butter ratio is better than the standard reece cups.
Agreed on this one. And I still don't understood why the original Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are individually wrapped inside the actual wrapper. This is especially troublesome on the individually wrapped foil ones, as it's easy to mangle them whilst trying to dislodge from the wax paper.

A buddy and I saved them. For $5 worth redeemed you would get 10 free Mellow Cups
(either 10 singles or 5 doubles)
values were: 1¢ / 5¢ / 10¢ / 25 ¢ / 50¢ / $1
the 50¢ and $1 cards were very rare.
in 6 years (7th grade thru high school) we mailed them in twice.

:>---

EGA
The Boyer Candy Company, who makes Mallo Cups as well as Clark Bars, continues their Play Money promotion program to this day.

I also went thru the phases, and Hershey bar was my early goal. Looking back, I've always thought that was cruel of Kroger to place all that candy where kids were forced to stop and look at them while waiting for Mom and Dad to finish paying, lol.

Interestingly, I've lost my taste for Hershey's over the years. It's like there's an aftertaste involved. At least I can go by the candy and not even blink when I go to the store now. :cool:
For awhile, I preferred Nestle's milk chocolate but now enjoy the Hershey taste. Hershey's chocolate also feels much smoother and lighter than Nestle's, IMHO.

Last edited:
Did someone seriously just say "candy corn?"

There's some alien DNA going on there.
That mix the poster cited is pretty addictive if you're craving something sweet and salty.

When craving something chocolatey or sweet, my mom would make a concoction of chocolate chips (always kept a bag in the upstairs freezer) and a glob of peanut butter. She'd microwave it to melt the chips and soften up the peanut butter and then stir it w/ a spoon. She'd occasionally add things like Rice Krispies or coconut and eat it w/ a spoon. Nowadays, she'll put some frozen chocolate chips in a tiny bowl along with either peanuts or almonds and eat it as a dessert mix.

Last edited:
Comes from the same race as those that like crappy sugar water in wax bottles.
wax-bottles2_1024x1024.jpg

Look at the ingredient list for this "candy"

Refined Wax, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (preservatives), Artificial Colors (FD&C red 40, blue 1, yellow 5, yellow 6), BHT (to maintain freshness). Soy may be present.

Anything that starts with the ingredient refined wax cannot be called food.
Breakfast of champions.

Place on the Gulf Side Clearwater/St. Pete area has every candy you can think of from anytime. The phrase "kid in a candy store" rings true here. On top of that they have every old school kid toy from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. Whoopie cushions, handshake buzzers, Lincoln logs, pop guns, candy cigarettes. ;)

1613608434596.png
1613608482372.png

Place on the Gulf Side Clearwater/St. Pete area has every candy you can think of from anytime. The phrase "kid in a candy store" rings true here. On top of that they have every old school kid toy from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. Whoopie cushions, handshake buzzers, Lincoln logs, pop guns, candy cigarettes. ;)

View attachment 14713View attachment 14714

I'm impressed IB. I thought for sure you'd think this thread about strippers.

It would be between Mounds (esspecially frozen) and Payday (especially with a orange flavored drink). Something about Ice cold cheap orange flavor with salty nut and caramel. Special mention goes to the Zero bar.

Kit Kat

I also like Twix......

I had purchased one of those mixed bar bags for some kids. Grabbed a couple of the snickers before handing the bag over, because there would be none left.

They went straight for the Twix. I had no idea, didn't even know what Twix was but they waz gone.

Clark Bar and Butterfinger for me. I remember buying my mother maple Bun bars whenever I'd see them.

View attachment 14713View attachment 14714
If you live in the SW Ohio/Miami Valley area there is a store in Middletown and Miamisburg called Grandpa Joe's Candy Shop that is very similar to this. All of the old style candy, new candy, ice cream and what they call a candy buffet where you can fill up a box of assorted individual candies and pay for it by weight. Not the penny candy prices from my childhood, but still ignites the feelings of nostalgia. Not sure about the one in Miamisburg, but the one in Middletown is located downtown in the DORA area and there are multiple breweries, restaurants, and odd-ball shops to check out for a nice afternoon or evening.