Elder Basketball 2020-2021

The JV squad just went undefeated and you’re going to potentially dress 4 freshman? Why?

I don’t see anyone on that freshman team making a varsity leap. They’re nowhere in the vicinity of where Browne or Whitmer were last year. Plus there’s not really a need. The program is pretty deep with players.
Sorry I worded that poorly. I don't think all of them will dress - I meant any of them could. As in I think any of them are good enough to if they needed to dress sophomores.

To answer your question though - Elder is losing 3 of 5 starters (Keehan, Larkins and Miller), plus 2 of the first guys off the bench in (Walker and Nieman). So they're losing 5 of the 8 or so rotation players. Fill in the two I mentioned (Tieman and Gutekunst) with Browne and Whitmer. Plus you have Kirch, Busam and Menninger. There's still room for some sophomores to fill out the roster unless the other guys I mentioned play - Flowers, Schoester and Vaughn.

Weren't two players ruled ineligible initially? If anyone ineligible participated for Hamilton, those wins would still be forfeited.
There were multiple players ruled ineligible. I guess I just have a hard time understanding why the 7 footer was cleared and they weren’t.

And while it’s unfortunate Elder might run into a near full strength Hamilton team early, if they’re playing to get to Columbus, this shouldn’t be a big deal.

Last edited:
Does that mean Hamilton gets those wins back?

No and doesn’t really matter, Draw already happened. Look at how Hamilton played after the guys were declared ineligible. They seem to be playing better without those guys.

There were multiple players ruled ineligible. I guess I just have a hard time understanding why the 7 footer was cleared and they weren’t.
Tolentino's parents proved to the OHSAA that they reside within the boundaries of the Hamilton City School District.

Much like Oak Hills after their two transfers left.

It’s really hard to play at a high level when you have to worry about pacifying the ego of one player. Talent is still the most important factor in terms of winning, but you will never win at a high level unless your most talented players buy into being part of a team.

It’s really hard to play at a high level when you have to worry about pacifying the ego of one player. Talent is still the most important factor in terms of winning, but you will never win at a high level unless your most talented players buy into being part of a team.

This is very accurate for this yrs OH Team. They won Friday night and their best Player scored a whopping 0 points

This is very accurate for this yrs OH Team. They won Friday night and their best Player scored a whopping 0 points

When you’re best players care more about their stats than winning or losing, they’ve got to go. Duke’s most talented player just opted out/quit bc he was riding the bench. It’s not a surprise Duke played their best game vs Nc St on Saturday and he barely played.

When you’re best players care more about their stats than winning or losing, they’ve got to go. Duke’s most talented player just opted out/quit bc he was riding the bench. It’s not a surprise Duke played their best game vs Nc St on Saturday and he barely played.

That’s the funny part, those 2 thought they were best players and had all the hype but they simply were not the best. Caneris (?) is OH best Basketball player with or without those 2 and it’s really not even close as far as complete Basketball Player imo.

Elder needs a few guys to step it up on the Defensive end in the Tournament. Gonna rely on good- great shooting and won’t be in the Tournament very long

Goedde won a state title as a head coach? News to me.

On offense, Elder and Moe have gotten away from some of the slow down tactics. I don’t know that X really used it. I’m not a fan when part of your strategy to play basketball is to not play basketball.

Now on defense, they all still hold, tackle, grab, push, slap and use two hands. Not sure why the refs allow it so much.

yes goedde was assistant when coach fleming had his health problem, coach goedde led through that time with a state title.

jtk
()

That’s the funny part, those 2 thought they were best players and had all the hype but they simply were not the best. Caneris (?) is OH best Basketball player with or without those 2 and it’s really not even close as far as complete Basketball Player imo.

Elder needs a few guys to step it up on the Defensive end in the Tournament. Gonna rely on good- great shooting and won’t be in the Tournament very long

I don't really think Oak Hills is better without those two. But to your point, I don't think they are any worse now that those two are gone. But to be honest, Oak Hills doesn't have much talent and is average at best.

The cost is 13.99 for a month subscription. I am assuming this allows you to watch all 5 of the sectional games? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The cost is 13.99 for a month subscription. I am assuming this allows you to watch all 5 of the sectional games? Can anyone confirm or deny this?
It looks to me like you need both a $13.99/month subscription and a separate tournament subscription. However, I have been told you only need the tournament pass which is not the $13.99/month Live+ subscription. The Chatterbox website is terrible.

This is from their FAQ:

What does my subscription cover?

Our Live+ membership is a monthly subscription in which allows active members to enjoy the live and on demand content on the Live+ Channel. The Tourney Pass is a dedicated area which requires a single payment for 45 days access. The pass allows members to watch live and on demand videos within the Tourney area on the website.

It looks to me like you need both a $13.99/month subscription and a separate tournament subscription. However, I have been told you only need the tournament pass which is not the $13.99/month Live+ subscription. The Chatterbox website is terrible.
I got the live+ pass for 13.99 and yes the website is horrendous I am hoping I am able to watch elder then watch the princeton game afterwards same for Tuesday with both games. It says the tourney pass is 14.99 for the 45 days as you stated.

the video shakes like crazy until you go to a full screen mode and I tried to watch an old basketball broadcast and the wait for it was 16 minutes. Very interesting website to say the least. I am hoping its much better by 530 tomorrow.

Update: I clicked "cancel my subscription" thinking it was like any subscription and would still be available for the next 29 days and I wouldn't have the risk of forgetting to cancel it next month and it deleted my profile/access instantly, but still charged my credit card. So beware of that. This is a nightmare to say the least.

Last edited:
So basically it’s around $30 bucks to watch any game in the tournament?

Has anyone heard of any fans are going to be allowed? Or is that a pipe dream? Most of the venues are pretty big.

So basically it’s around $30 bucks to watch any game in the tournament?
Not necessarily. If your team loses in the first round and that's the only game you watch, it would cost you $28.98.

However, with the $13.99 monthly subscription (for February and March) and $14.99 tournament pass you can watch every D1 and D2 boys and girls game in southwest Ohio through the regional finals. It's around 100 total games, I think.

So what do you get if you buy the monthly subscription but not the tourney pass? Do they just have other content not related to basketball?

So what do you get if you buy the monthly subscription but not the tourney pass? Do they just have other content not related to basketball?
Yes. They've been around for a year or so and it looks like they stream mostly Butler County schools. Looking at their website they've done soccer, football, and bowling.