Southwestern Buckeye League 2020-2021

Waynesville opens with Oakwood, looking at swbl they are hit or miss has anyone watched them are they a good team or is it a winnable game for waynesville

Waynesville opens with Oakwood, looking at swbl they are hit or miss has anyone watched them are they a good team or is it a winnable game for waynesville
Shawnee played and lost to them the 1st game of the season have 3 kids who can score, they probably are taller then WV but really didn’t rebound that great. I’d take Oakwood in the game but WV could certainly win and it wouldn’t surprise me.

Shawnee played and lost to them the 1st game of the season have 3 kids who can score, they probably are taller then WV but really didn’t rebound that great. I’d take Oakwood in the game but WV could certainly win and it wouldn’t surprise me.
The thing is when Waynesville is shooting well they can beat anyone cuz they all can shoot the 3 but if they are not on it is not good! Zebell at waynesville can rebound and go back up with the ball really well too!

Waynesville was shooting the lights out vs MU but then chilled. I'll take Oakwood in this one. Milton vs Northridge is going to be interesting. Seems the Milton kids get a little nervous when facing Northridge. Bears are winning the mental game.
Can the Dogs answer?

The thing is when Waynesville is shooting well they can beat anyone cuz they all can shoot the 3 but if they are not on it is not good! Zebell at waynesville can rebound and go back up with the ball really well too!
Making shot makes you look good, but whoever wins these 2 games between MU/Northridge and WV/Oakwood gets Twood so basically a two game tournament between these 4 schools. I’m not sure you could put these 4 teams together and come within 25 of Twood.

Arrows have a nice bracket. Versailles is way off this year. First sectional title in years is looking good.
I thought the Arrows did have a nice draw. I would guess they will be playing Arcanum in the Sectional finals. That should be a good game, but it's definitely a very winnable game for the Arrows.

Making shot makes you look good, but whoever wins these 2 games between MU/Northridge and WV/Oakwood gets Twood so basically a two game tournament between these 4 schools. I’m not sure you could put these 4 teams together and come within 25 of Twood.
Agreed. Not one of these gets within 40. Sorry. You're optimistic. The level of play at TW is so high that these kids will cave under that pressure. Northridge played Wayne earlier this year and lost by something like 50.
Make that 54. It was 104-50.

Agreed. Not one of these gets within 40. Sorry. You're optimistic. The level of play at TW is so high that these kids will cave under that pressure. Northridge played Wayne earlier this year and lost by something like 50.
Make that 54. It was 104-50.
Sounds like a nail biter, but Wayne is also in a different league than anything Northridge goes up against in the SWBL. Looking at the seed Franklin, Bellbrook, Monroe gets you can tell they get very little respect and probably rightfully so from D1/D2 teams.

They were preparing for the D2 tournament playing Wayne? Interesting scheduling on their part. Milton took on Wayne in a tournament back in the late 90s and hung with them. Totally different times now.

They were preparing for the D2 tournament playing Wayne? Interesting scheduling on their part. Milton took on Wayne in a tournament back in the late 90s and hung with them. Totally different times now.
They have to figure out a way not to be scared to death before they even walk off of the bus and play a team like Wayne or TM which is what they will have to do if they want to make a serious run.

They have to figure out a way not to be scared to death before they even walk off of the bus and play a team like Wayne or TM which is what they will have to do if they want to make a serious run.
Speaking of scared teams do you think Franklin goes down in the first round against Stebbins or second round against Lebanon

Speaking of scared teams do you think Franklin goes down in the first round against Stebbins or second round against Lebanon
Beat Stebbins and Lebanon vs Franklin will be whoever shows up or a shootout. Both teams are prone to a lackadaisical performance.

Arcanum 66
Milton Union 54. MU on a small losing streak to end the season. Dixie and Bethel on the slate before taking on Northridge in the tournament

Arcanum 66
Milton Union 54. MU on a small losing streak to end the season. Dixie and Bethel on the slate before taking on Northridge in the tournament
Yeah seems like they hit a little rough patch losing 4 out of 5, they should beat Dixie but will probably be tight game, not real sure about Bethel but I would imagine MU would win that game also. But as far as Northridge goes I just looked it up and Ridge has won 15 of the last 16 games, no better year to get a win over them than the 3rd meeting this year.

Yeah seems like they hit a little rough patch losing 4 out of 5, they should beat Dixie but will probably be tight game, not real sure about Bethel but I would imagine MU would win that game also. But as far as Northridge goes I just looked it up and Ridge has won 15 of the last 16 games, no better year to get a win over them than the 3rd meeting this year.
Bethel is a winnable game for them, but it's a game that they could lose if they don't show up to play. Bethel is right under .500 but they have some decent wins on their record. Including Northridge who they beat in mid January.

Oakwood has won 11 of their last 13 games. They are a solid, well coached team. They are also pretty balance scoring wise.

Bethel is a winnable game for them, but it's a game that they could lose if they don't show up to play. Bethel is right under .500 but they have some decent wins on their record. Including Northridge who they beat in mid January.
Their coach has ties to Milton. He was a football and basketball coach here. Good guy. Should be a great battle.

Arrows win 57-47 over Northridge and win the SWBL title outright. But they would’ve won it anyway because Madison downs Waynesville 50-47. What a year for the Arrows 19-3 headed into tournament time. Shrout with 21 points Singleton with his 15th double double on the year with 18 points and 15 rebounds.

Arrows win 57-47 over Northridge and win the SWBL title outright. But they would’ve won it anyway because Madison downs Waynesville 50-47. What a year for the Arrows 19-3 headed into tournament time. Shrout with 21 points Singleton with his 15th double double on the year with 18 points and 15 rebounds.
Congrats to the Arrows! That's a fine season. Good luck in the tournament.

Congrats to the Arrows. The frosh is the league mvp in my opinion, but I did pick my Indians to win the league..... ouch!
Rough season for Carlisle definitely should’ve had a better year than that, AD needs to look long and hard with what’s going on and then beg Jeff Waugh to come back.

After looking at all of the brackets I think the SWBL could have anywhere from 9-12 wins in Div. 1,2 and 3. Preble Shawnee could make a deep run .Keep an eye on Brookville .