Cross County Conference 2020-2021

Wow. East will rule the court the next few years. That's impressive. I'm pumped for the new TRC to start. Basketball will be amazing. MU and Northridge will just add to the already tough league play from the CCC teams.

Slow down on East rule the court the next few years. TC had a similar game against MU with more freshman playing and an entire JV team of freshman. Rule the court no. In the mix in a very very competitive conference yes.

Tri Village is home tonight vs. TCN, at Trail on Tuesday, and then home against Miami East next Friday. Then they end their CCC games on 2/12 at Covington. Any chance anyone knocks them off and makes things interesting? I'd guess it doesn't happen, but having Trail and Miami East both next week could be a bit of a challenge. Although Trail has turned out to be not as good as most were expecting...

Tri Village is home tonight vs. TCN, at Trail on Tuesday, and then home against Miami East next Friday. Then they end their CCC games on 2/12 at Covington. Any chance anyone knocks them off and makes things interesting? I'd guess it doesn't happen, but having Trail and Miami East both next week could be a bit of a challenge. Although Trail has turned out to be not as good as most were expecting...

TCN lost to Bradford by 24 Tuesday night so that wont be a game tonight. Trail isn't anything what they were but if Harrison gets going could be interesting. One of ME freshman broke his leg a few weeks ago the Enis kid I don't think east has been the same since but are still talented. so no they will sweep the league.

TCN lost to Bradford by 24 Tuesday night so that wont be a game tonight. Trail isn't anything what they were but if Harrison gets going could be interesting. One of ME freshman broke his leg a few weeks ago the Enis kid I don't think east has been the same since but are still talented. so no they will sweep the league.
I dont think East was going to compete with Tri Village with all healthy. No one is close to having the size and athleticism of Tri Village. Watch the Arcanum game on u tube. When Arcanum was only down by three entering the fourth quarter you see Tri Village go out and dominate the next couple of minutes do to sheer will. Arcanum finds itself 13 down with 6 minutes to play. Keeping them off the glass is darn near impossible with their lineup, and they shoot well from three.

Anything can happen in the tourney but I would be surprised if they do not at least reach regionals. Anything can happen from there.

I dont think East was going to compete with Tri Village with all healthy. No one is close to having the size and athleticism of Tri Village. Watch the Arcanum game on u tube. When Arcanum was only down by three entering the fourth quarter you see Tri Village go out and dominate the next couple of minutes do to sheer will. Arcanum finds itself 13 down with 6 minutes to play. Keeping them off the glass is darn near impossible with their lineup, and they shoot well from three.

Anything can happen in the tourney but I would be surprised if they do not at least reach regionals. Anything can happen from there.
I agree with the above posts. I don't think anyone will give them much of a game. It's really unfortunate to hear that one of the ME Freshman broke his leg, hopefully he has a fast recovery and it doesn't affect him long term.

I think Tri Village will finish the season undefeated. I just wonder if the fact that they haven't been tested much will hurt them in the tournament. I know they've had some close games, but not really against someone that could put it on them if they were struggling. I don't know what their tournament draw will look like, but I know D4 will have some weak teams to get by in the first couple rounds before facing off with a team that can really compete with them. Cedarville, Fort Loramie, Jackson Center, Botkins and CCPA are some of the teams that I think they could end facing where it'll get real interesting...

We know Sarver is averaging 20+ is anyone else around him in the area PPG?
I dont think so, but I look at the question more in terms of could anyone else score 20, than is anyone else scoring 20. I think the answer is yes, they have a couple kids who if you take Sarver away with a box and 1 or a front and back defender situation, they will beat you with another big guy inside or a shooter on the wing.

I thought Arcanum could do as much damage as anyone to this point, and they certainly made it interesting, until it became a game of physicality instead of skill. Arcanum is offensively oriented and I dont tend to like chances of deep runs in a tournament from such teams as sooner or later you have a poor shooting night.

Comparing this years Tri Village to last years Jackson Center would favor Tri Village in my opinion. Sarver is considerably better than the big kid from Jackson Center last year. Certainly a first team D4 pick at this point.

I dont think so, but I look at the question more in terms of could anyone else score 20, than is anyone else scoring 20. I think the answer is yes, they have a couple kids who if you take Sarver away with a box and 1 or a front and back defender situation, they will beat you with another big guy inside or a shooter on the wing.

I thought Arcanum could do as much damage as anyone to this point, and they certainly made it interesting, until it became a game of physicality instead of skill. Arcanum is offensively oriented and I dont tend to like chances of deep runs in a tournament from such teams as sooner or later you have a poor shooting night.

Comparing this years Tri Village to last years Jackson Center would favor Tri Village in my opinion. Sarver is considerably better than the big kid from Jackson Center last year. Certainly a first team D4 pick at this point.
Who else is up for 1st team in the league Harrison, Sarver I know the sophomore from Bradford I think is Avg around 20 also didn’t know who else has really stood out from teams the Hamilton kid for Covington maybe

Who else is up for 1st team in the league Harrison, Sarver I know the sophomore from Bradford I think is Avg around 20 also didn’t know who else has really stood out from teams the Hamilton kid for Covington maybe
I would say the kids mentioned in the previous 2 posts. I'd also say Weathington from Trail, Goubeaux from Arcanum. Stinson from TCN, who has been playing through a torn ACL, and I know he's still had some big games for TCN. I'm sure FM and Miami East have another player or 2 that could make 1st team. Covington as well. I would also think TV will have more than one player make 1st team... maybe Scantland?

B
I would say the kids mentioned in the previous 2 posts. I'd also say Weathington from Trail, Goubeaux from Arcanum. Stinson from TCN, who has been playing through a torn ACL, and I know he's still had some big games for TCN. I'm sure FM and Miami East have another player or 2 that could make 1st team. Covington as well. I would also think TV will have more than one player make 1st team... maybe Scantland?

bethel has a good guard also I’m sure TV and ME and arcanum May all have 1-2

B

bethel has a good guard also I’m sure TV and ME and arcanum May all have 1-2
FM plays Bradford tonight and Newton tomorrow I think and Newton has played well last few games lead Arcanum going into the 4th lost by 10 I think beat Bradford by 35 last Saturday and then beat Fairlawn this week by 15 they are getting hot in the right time

How are the incoming 8th graders looking for the new teams entering WOAC
Just by looking at the tournament draw for the 8th grade basketball tournament. Here are the highest seeded teams that will be joining the WOAC.... Bradford (2), TVS (5), Arcanum (6) and Tri Village (7). Bethel is the best team in the 8th grade group, but they will obviously be joining the TRC. Preble Shawnee and Dixie also have decent 8th grade basketball teams. Those 2 teams would have been right around the top 5 mark if they were in the CCC this year.

Just by looking at the tournament draw for the 8th grade basketball tournament. Here are the highest seeded teams that will be joining the WOAC.... Bradford (2), TVS (5), Arcanum (6) and Tri Village (7). Bethel is the best team in the 8th grade group, but they will obviously be joining the TRC. Preble Shawnee and Dixie also have decent 8th grade basketball teams. Those 2 teams would have been right around the top 5 mark if they were in the CCC this year.
[/QUOTE]

Bradford looks to have alot of decent young players? 8th grade is second must have some talent coming through. hopefully they will be more competitive going forward.

They were down by 6 against arcanum going into the 4th tonight ended up losing by 18

if the 8th grade coming up is pretty good and being 2 seed In league they could be better than they have been for along time they have a young core of players now Davidson kid is pretty tough

Just curious how the teams finished this year. The top two ( Tri Village and Franklin Monroe)are future WOAC members correct?

This is the best standings we have to go by. I don't believe it's fully updated, but it gives you an idea. Yes, TV and FM are future WOAC members. The schools that will not be joining the WOAC are Covington, Miami East and Bethel.

Cross County Basketball Standings - MaxPreps
Ok, so East will potentially finish second. Bethel and Covington right in the middle of the pack. In basketball appears WOAC is very competitive with the larger schools. Football is a different story, except for Bethel.

Very disjointed this year with inability to attend games. Will the fans return or will they keep doing the new things they have found to do?