STATE WRESTLING SITES/DATES FINALIZED

magedona

March 13-14
18th time the state tournament will be held in a high school and the first time since 1958 (Lakewood High School)
It's the first time since 1978 the state tournament will be two days instead of three (St. John Arena).

We are pleased to announce the sites for the 2021 OHSAA State Wrestling Individual Tournament:

Division I
Hilliard Darby High School
4200 Leppert Road
Hilliard, OH 43026

Division II
Highland High School
1300 State Route 314
Marengo, OH 43334

Division III
Marion Harding High School
1500 Harding Highway East
Marion, OH 43302

Tournament Dates and Format
All tournaments will be conducted on Saturday, March 13 and Sunday, March 14. Session times will be announced at a later date. The tournament format is tentatively scheduled to follow the district tournament format. At the conclusion of competition on 3/13 we will have wrestled through two championship rounds and two consolation rounds leaving 112 wrestlers advancing to Sunday’s competition (8 wrestlers per weight class).

Tickets
Ticketing information will be distributed only to qualifying wrestlers through their school’s athletic director. There will be no public ticket sales.

Streaming
All state tournament matches will be streamed live through the NFHS Network. Additional details on how to access the video streams will be shared closer to the event.

Tournament Merchandise
Tournament merchandise will be available here: https://ohsaa.eagraphics.com/ohsaa/shop/home

Last edited:

It's not about what the OHSAA wants. It's about who is willing to host.

You can say this all you want to the people who come here to complain, but it falls on deaf ears. In their minds there is a grand OHSAA conspiracy that wants the state tourney to be wrestled in practice rooms, or something. They refuse to understand the situation and would rather play the victim.

Wow - lodging will be tough to come by anywhere close to the D2 and D3 sites and they will be competing with each other for that lodging as well.

At least they are having it! And kudos to those 3 schools (one being my alma mater) for stepping up for the kids.
That's why the minute we got the email from OHSAA, I was on Expedia booking rooms in Marion.

Can anyone confirm, did Olentangy Liberty actually apply? If they did and these two other locations out in nowhereville USA were picked that is a shame. Not to talk down on Marion and Sparta, but come on. Also heard Vandalia Butler applied as well. Ashame if they didn't pick these bigger schools

Can anyone confirm, did Olentangy Liberty actually apply? If they did and these two other locations out in nowhereville USA were picked that is a shame. Not to talk down on Marion and Sparta, but come on. Also heard Vandalia Butler applied as well. Ashame if they didn't pick these bigger schools

Water under the bridge now. Moving forward...............will they telecast? InsideTheCircle fellows can only physically do two of them.

Just did a search for hotels for D2 site. Nothing within 30 minutes of the school. Better to stay in Columbus probably. Parents who probably won’t get this information until later today are going to be screwed.

First: I'm echoing someone's earlier post - do it in a basement for all I care, but by golly DO IT!

Water under the bridge now. Moving forward...............will they telecast? InsideTheCircle fellows can only physically do two of them.

Second: ITC has been in communication with the Darby site for about six weeks now concerning the Darby District & commentating. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, the conversation shifted as Darby was going to be a state tournament site. We have been working on details for nearly a month and will be going with D-I. My hope is that someone from within the wrestling community is asked to commentate for D-II and D-III.

With this in mind, last week I travelled to Steubenville for the D-II State Duals. Great time; loved it! Incredible wrestling. On more than one occasion I heard the following statement upon introducing myself and who I'm with (flashing the badge ;-)) - "Oh, yeah! Inside The Circle! You guys are great. I wish our area had something like that. Our kids deserve it." My reply - like it always is - "THEN DO IT! All it took was an iPhone, a tripod, and a guy who tolerates me." Now, that third item might be hard to find, but the other two are readily available.

I'm not saying we do the best job but I know this - the kids deserve it.

First: I'm echoing someone's earlier post - do it in a basement for all I care, but by golly DO IT!

Second: ITC has been in communication with the Darby site for about six weeks now concerning the Darby District & commentating. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, the conversation shifted as Darby was going to be a state tournament site. We have been working on details for nearly a month and will be going with D-I. My hope is that someone from within the wrestling community is asked to commentate for D-II and D-III.

With this in mind, last week I travelled to Steubenville for the D-II State Duals. Great time; loved it! Incredible wrestling. On more than one occasion I heard the following statement upon introducing myself and who I'm with (flashing the badge ;-)) - "Oh, yeah! Inside The Circle! You guys are great. I wish our area had something like that. Our kids deserve it." My reply - like it always is - "THEN DO IT! All it took was an iPhone, a tripod, and a guy who tolerates me." Now, that third item might be hard to find, but the other two are readily available.

I'm not saying we do the best job but I know this - the kids deserve it.

Hey, i am offering my services as your production assistant if you need help at districts and state. Get me in, and i will get your food, updated brackets, whatever you need, beer. I can be your personal hospitality room (I'm talking food here). In all seriousness, if you would like some help hit me up. I'm now free those weekends.

Wow - lodging will be tough to come by anywhere close to the D2 and D3 sites and they will be competing with each other for that lodging as well.

At least they are having it! And kudos to those 3 schools (one being my alma mater) for stepping up for the kids.
Thank the lord, I bought 5 acre of land outside of Marion. Tents are almost set up. Charge is discounted to whatever the temperature is.