Elmwood to join BVC

Elmwood makes the BVC an 11-team conference. Will the league look for a 12th team or will they finally show Vanlue where the NWCC is?

Who replaces Elmwood? I'm sure there have been discussion among league members.

Maumee? 567 Probably pushes Woodmore the rest of the way out the door, and then what?

Northwood? 255, Only a handful of students larger than Woodmore.

Oak Harbor? 400. They would be the 2nd largest, but why would they leave the SBC?

Swanton? 328. People keep posting they are not happy in the NWOAL, but they would be the 2nd smallest in the NBC. Would anyone perceive that as an improvement?

Elmwood makes the BVC an 11-team conference. Will the league look for a 12th team or will they finally show Vanlue where the NWCC is?
I would bet a lot of money that within 2 years the BVC ends up with 8 football schools with vanlue, cory-rawson, and arcadia either finding another league entirely or remaining members in everything except for football. To my knowledge both Vanlue and Cory don't have enough returning players from last year plus incoming freshmen to even field 11 man football in 2021. You would have to think at some point the league has to step in to protect the seasons of their traditionally good programs

Everyone is so ready to boot Arcadia from the BVC. Wouldn't that mean booting Riverdale too, since, you know, Arcadia beat them in both 2019 and 2020 on their way to 5-5 and 5-3 seasons?

Everyone is so ready to boot Arcadia from the BVC. Wouldn't that mean booting Riverdale too, since, you know, Arcadia beat them in both 2019 and 2020 on their way to 5-5 and 5-3 seasons?

It's an interesting argument.

I find it interesting that Elmwood joined with some of the turmoil. My guess is that the BVC schools/Elmwood had some insider talks before this became final.

It's an interesting argument.

I find it interesting that Elmwood joined with some of the turmoil. My guess is that the BVC schools/Elmwood had some insider talks before this became final.
Rawson is gone vanlue is gone, north Baltimore is gone, Arcadia hasn’t really been mentioned. Heard Patrick Henry is joining as well

Rawson is gone vanlue is gone, north Baltimore is gone, Arcadia hasn’t really been mentioned. Heard Patrick Henry is joining as well

The Patrick Henry thing has been mentioned by multiple people to me, but I do think it’s going to take the three NWOAL schools leaving first.

What will the NWC do if Leipsic indeed returns to the BVC?
Leipsic is gone. They are NWC all the way. Before Elmwood joined, there was at least one other school set to jump from the BVC to the NWC. Maybe two. We'll see if it shakes out, but Leipsic is firmly in the NWC camp.

Pandora would not go to the NWCC. Cory and Vanlue could.

Those 3 Putnam County schools (Grove, PG, Leipsic) should all be in the same Conference. Whether that's the NWC, BVC, or a new conference entirely.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. But, does adm. of two of those schools have the guts to make it happen? I say no. Maybe Leipsic will wake up and return. We will see. They really didnt want to leave. They wanted CR, Vanlue, and not sure of number three- maybe four to leave. The movement in and out of the BVC could of happened, but Leipsic was not smart enough to lead in the proper manner to get it done. Leipsic bluffed, the league called, and the adm said oh sh#t we said we were going to leave. They made the move to the Nwc. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. But, does adm. of two of those schools have the guts to make it happen? I say no. Maybe Leipsic will wake up and return. We will see. They really didnt want to leave. They wanted CR, Vanlue, and not sure of number three- maybe four. The movement in and out of the BVC could of happened, but Leipsic was not smart enough to lead in the proper manner to get it done. Leipsic bluffed, the league called, and the adm said oh sh#t we said we were going to leave. They made the move to the Nwc. Just my opinion.
I agree with your opinion. I think if the league was a little more proactive, they wouldn't have left.