CHL Basketball 2020-21

You’re pretty quiet on the Taylor loss 93? That was a shocker, what happened? Also surprised at the Wyoming loss to Monroe. Looks like IH is going to walk away with the title.
I wasnt on all day sat and ( I coach wrestling and we had our conference tourney) and Superbowl was last night

Taylor Didnt answer bell.... 9-20 from the charity stripe didnt help. ANd didnt help their leading scorer was shut down (only one of 2 games he has been held to single digits) I actually didnt get a chance to watch the game on line b/c we had kids who had to make weight and my son had bball practice

They need to end the year strong vs harrison and finneytown

Last edited:
Kurt Rambis

I agree with you on Hilvert. Back in town for a couple of weeks and I went to both of Taylor’s games this weekend. His game at his size is incredible. At one point during the Wyoming game my buddy says I think he has a triple double and I said he was crazy. Then I looked at the CHL website and he was close, 2 assists shy! I then took a closer look at the stats and noticed he was 11th in scoring, 4th in Free Throw %, 8th Shooting %, 3rd Rebounds, 6th Assists. He has a complete game.

I think POY goes to Wachs or Walker this year .BTW Cravack from Madeira is really good and has a great chance for POY the next 2 seasons. Anyone know what happened with Godby from Finneytown?

Isaiah Walker broke the all time scoring record for Wyoming tonight. Pretty cool and a good high school career for him so far. I believe he’s going to Belmont next year?

Wyoming-Madeira was the only matchup of CHL teams tonight. Figured Wyoming would win, but surprised they won by 35

Taylor just looked like they were going through the motions last night.....Austing had 22 though he seemed to have shot well from the stripe!

and WOW I must say for the lack of fans at the Harrison game their parents ate those ref's ALIVE! Harrison's HC got a T in the 1st qtr and that just jump started the parents to follow suite.....Kinda a bad look when its being live streamed

IMO the hands down COY award goes to Holland.... if you get time go on the CHL website and look at where they were just a few short years ago. TRUST ME I'm a 03 grad of Taylor I followed and supported through the good and bad even when i started coaching at Princeton and Aiken! SO props to him and those kids!

Taylor just looked like they were going through the motions last night.....Austing had 22 though he seemed to have shot well from the stripe!

and WOW I must say for the lack of fans at the Harrison game their parents ate those ref's ALIVE! Harrison's HC got a T in the 1st qtr and that just jump started the parents to follow suite.....Kinda a bad look when its being live streamed

IMO the hands down COY award goes to Holland.... if you get time go on the CHL website and look at where they were just a few short years ago. TRUST ME I'm a 03 grad of Taylor I followed and supported through the good and bad even when i started coaching at Princeton and Aiken! SO props to him and those kids!

Harrison and Ross fans are notorious for being awful! I'm not sure what's in the water in that area but they all need to just chill. Especially when Harrison is as bad as they are.

Harrison and Ross fans are notorious for being awful! I'm not sure what's in the water in that area but they all need to just chill. Especially when Harrison is as bad as they are.
The HC was complaining about hand checking (I'm not a bball guy so I THINK I know what that is LOL) The game was called pretty fair I thought fouls were pretty evenly called....Harrison was even up early like 9-2 and their parents were all over the refs then too.

The press Taylor was running gave Harrison some issues. It seemed when Harrison went to their big man down low Taylor struggled but the big kid didn't get the ball as much as I thought he would in the 2nd half.

I know historically Taylor and Harrison used to be a "local rivalry" hope they continue and hope they pick football up as well.

Welcome to the world of modern-day sports. No one ever makes a bad call sitting in the bleachers. Go to any high school game and you will find yourself surrounded by local experts who love to voice their opinions.

Does anyone know anything about Northwest team this year? They have Indian Hill a great game last night

Northwest has some talent. They’ve had a solid year. Lost a bunch of close games lately. Played elder, Hamilton, Ross and western hills right to the last minute in very close games.

How hard is it to update your stats on the CHL website? Come on Deer Park you have 2 games that are almost two weeks old with still no stats up yet. Is Arrington still really leading the league in scoring?

Last edited:
How hard is it to update your stats on the CHL website? Come on Deer Park you have 2 games that are almost two weeks old with still no stats up yet. Is Arrington still really leading the league in scoring?
My league (cmac) uses SIDS as well and I have brought this up to multiple AD's around the city. I know in wrestling some coaches like to not enter stats so people may not know who their "strong" kids are at each weight class. But sometime it is frustrating not seeing stats entered.

I think Walker is pre season favorite for POY
and Wyoming pre season favorite as league champ

With all of these teams shutting down I'm curious if/how CHL makes up these games?
Could be champs are the team that stays the "healthiest" and gets the most games in.

Wyoming- Losing Prater will be tough (20 ppg and 7 rebs and 2 blks)
Walker and Crayton will be the 2 main guys running the show

Deer park- Loses a lot of talent and HC.
Is Munson still there? Jones (transfer from Taylor?)

Taylor-returns 3 of 5 starters.
Danny Austing (Already scored 19 in their opener vs st. Bernard) will be key in running their offense. Hilvert (9ppg 8reb) will step up and
Jacob Swiegard will have the ball more as well.

Indian Hill- returns their Top 3 scores Wachs, Lopez and Thorton. Should have a talented team. Dont know how overall Covid delays hurts their season or chance at a CHL Championship

Mariemont- Megown is or isn't playing? (thought I saw somewhere someone said he was injured? or not playing maybe I am wrong?)
Senes returns who avg'ed 10 ppg last season

Finneytown- Holloway transferring to prep is a huge loss to the team. Dont know how the Covid shut down will affect them.

Madeira- Lose their #1 pt scorer Solinski. Alot of production going to need to come from Schneider and the little Craavak (avg'ed 8ppg as a freshmen)

Reading- Return their top 2 scorers Scott (15ppg) and Stidham (9ppg) Alot of youth that got ALOT of Varsity time last year. Dont know how the Covid shut down will affect them.

My prediction

League Champ- Wyoming
2nd- Taylor
3rd- Indian Hill
4th- Mariemont
5th-Madiera
6th-reading
7th-deer park
8th- Finneytown

Well just looking at how we are in the last week of the regular season 1-3 were Jumbled a little.
Wyoming needs a win vs IH and a taylor loss to finish 2nd ( .750 winning % with a win vs IH)

Taylor win vs Ftown gives them 2nd place outright
Win or loss for Indian Hill they still have the title! (congrats to them)

Ausing lead taylor w/17 pts per game
Craavak lead Madeira w/ 20pts a game! big year for him!
Senes lead Mariemont w/13 pts per game
Scott lead reading w/17 pts per game
Wachs and Lopez 14 & 15 pts per game for Indian hill.

Some key points heading into the off season-

IH loses top 2 point scorers Wachs and Lopez
Wyoming loses walker (all time pts leader for Wyoming)
Taylor returns top 2 point scorers (JV loaded with talent and is 20-0 on the season)
loses top scorer Senes

Watched stream of Wyoming-Indian Hill. Indian Hill was flat for most of the night and Wyoming controlled. Both teams have had quite the grind over the last two weeks, playing basically every other day. Announcers were fantastic, Brian Shaw and Tony Harris

Well just looking at how we are in the last week of the regular season 1-3 were Jumbled a little.
Wyoming needs a win vs IH and a taylor loss to finish 2nd ( .750 winning % with a win vs IH)

Taylor win vs Ftown gives them 2nd place outright
Win or loss for Indian Hill they still have the title! (congrats to them)

Ausing lead taylor w/17 pts per game
Craavak lead Madeira w/ 20pts a game! big year for him!
Senes lead Mariemont w/13 pts per game
Scott lead reading w/17 pts per game
Wachs and Lopez 14 & 15 pts per game for Indian hill.

Some key points heading into the off season-

IH loses top 2 point scorers Wachs and Lopez
Wyoming loses walker (all time pts leader for Wyoming)
Taylor returns top 2 point scorers (JV loaded with talent and is 20-0 on the season)
loses top scorer Senes

Indian Hill is damn good.

Mariemont has been without Senes for a month.
He and Magowan are out with knee injuries. Marimeont still 13-8 with 2 ALL-CHL from last year gone. won a few in a row.

Is taylor JV loaded? or CHL JV down?

Wyoming may come into some lean times

Just a quick list of players to look out for next year...

Conner Cravaack - Obvious one here. Averaging 20 PPG as a sophomore, only looking to improve next year
Danny Austing - Another obvious one, will again be one of the best players in the CHL
Harry Hilvert - Had a good year this year. Good rebounder and will have a good Senior season. Underrated passer.
Ty Thorton - Similar to Hilvert, I think Hilvert's slightly better
Tim Stewart - Has kind of gone under the radar at Mariemont. Has good size and is shooting 50%+ from 3 on 65 attempts. Only a sophomore this year.
Logan Stidham - Really good passer and a pretty good shooter.

I know I'm missing some, but it's a few that stood out to me.

Just a quick list of players to look out for next year...

Conner Cravaack - Obvious one here. Averaging 20 PPG as a sophomore, only looking to improve next year
Danny Austing - Another obvious one, will again be one of the best players in the CHL
Harry Hilvert - Had a good year this year. Good rebounder and will have a good Senior season. Underrated passer.
Ty Thorton - Similar to Hilvert, I think Hilvert's slightly better
Tim Stewart - Has kind of gone under the radar at Mariemont. Has good size and is shooting 50%+ from 3 on 65 attempts. Only a sophomore this year.
Logan Stidham - Really good passer and a pretty good shooter.

I know I'm missing some, but it's a few that stood out to me.
thornton is the best athlete in the league next year.
not a great BBall player, but certainly will be IH most important guy. Can do a lot.

After the BS theyve pulled, their AD should have the cojanes to make them play their game against Taft.
Take the medicine for the scam they've run under Gentry.
They managed to get through this season without really getting any payback

All the DP supporters (parents of illegal players basically) scurried away like rats on a sinking ship. It is truly a shame what was allowed to go down at that school. Gentry built nothing. His legacy is that of a hired gun with poor aim, and in the end backfired miserably in the hands of the AD. I feel for the community. They must feel used.

All the DP supporters (parents of illegal players basically) scurried away like rats on a sinking ship. It is truly a shame what was allowed to go down at that school. Gentry built nothing. His legacy is that of a hired gun with poor aim, and in the end backfired miserably in the hands of the AD. I feel for the community. They must feel used.
Maybe they do feel used, but they had to know this was coming...all of them. Do they care?

Looking back, was it worth it? The 3-4 year run was impressive and certainly put them on the map. I wonder if they had to do it all over again, would they? My guess is yes.

Didn't know that they did but it makes sense. They are winless and only have 6 or 7 kids in the entire (grades 9-12) program. Sounds like they've had enough.
Or maybe with 20 kids in the high school positive with COVID and 49 having to quarantine and only have 6-7 kids on the roster they cant play the game due to not having enough players. With the new quarantine rules that came from the state the only way a student would have to quarantine now is if they are involved in sports or eat lunch with someone that test positive.