Western Buckeye League 2021

Van Wert returning anything this year?
Whole OL, all league RB, 3/4 top WRs and get back most of the defense. Obviously lose all state QB and WR but return a bunch. They should be good again but maybe not as dynamic on offense as this past year.

I think with everyone that Van Wert has returning, I would think that they're the favorites in the WBL in 2021.

How did Treece's back-up look during the 2020 season? I'm assuming he got some action in their bigger wins. Being a state champion means something and it elevates expectations for sure. With that said, Van Wert deserves to be in the conversation as a projected top team for 2021.

I’ve heard that Treece’s replacement is going to be solid. Aidan Pratt will be a 6’4” 190 junior with a strong arm. He played defensive end last season and was honorable mention all district. I think him with the skilled players Van Wert has back puts them in the conversation again.

I’ve heard that Treece’s replacement is going to be solid. Aidan Pratt will be a 6’4” 190 junior with a strong arm. He played defensive end last season and was honorable mention all district. I think him with the skilled players Van Wert has back puts them in the conversation again.
Didn’t get to see him throw much but he’ll be a tough runner for sure. Just has to be adequate through the air and we should be fine.

How did Treece's back-up look during the 2020 season? I'm assuming he got some action in their bigger wins. Being a state champion means something and it elevates expectations for sure. With that said, Van Wert deserves to be in the conversation as a projected top team for 2021.
Honestly didn’t see him throw much when he was in but he is a tough runner who is physical.

This is beyond laughable. Wapak plays legit teams but those little country schools have no talent, huh?

Heard of Brennan Armstrong? Current QB at Virginia who led Shelby over St. Marys in 2017.

Evan Prater? Once again, over St. Marys.

As stated, Keystone has a WR, Ryne Shackleford going to Kentucky. Same program had a TE also at Kentucky.

Defiance in 2013 played (and was destroyed by) Toledo Central Catholic led by Deshone Kizer.

But yeah, you're right. It's only Wapak playing tough competition. Poor Wapak, they don't get a chance to play these D4 country schools that are undefeated for a reason and send kids D1. ??

I think I had it wrong. Kenton isn't the delusional fanbase in the league. Passionate, yes. Misguised, yes. Rowdy, absolutely. But at least we don't hear 20,000 excuses for them losing and claims that they're all alone getting stuck playing tough playoff competition.

Ooooh, I want to play!

OG has played and beaten the Buffalo Bills starting DB Micah Hyde, who was the Fostoria QB and starting Kansas City Chiefs MLB Anthony Hitchens, the RB at Lorain Clearview.

Also went .500 against the Mauk brothers at Kenton. Not sure any other WBL teams can claim that.

Ooooh, I want to play!

OG has played and beaten the Buffalo Bills starting DB Micah Hyde, who was the Fostoria QB and starting Kansas City Chiefs MLB Anthony Hitchens, the RB at Lorain Clearview.

Also went .500 against the Mauk brothers at Kenton. Not sure any other WBL teams can claim that.
Sure Micah Hyde was decent, but does he really compare to the greats of Trotwood and Alter?

Sure Micah Hyde was decent, but does he really compare to the greats of Trotwood and Alter?
Is your ego so fragile and your shallow identity so solely tied to the Wapak football program that you need to bring down others accomplishments to make you feel better about yours?
My poor sweet Summer daisy.

Is your ego so fragile and your shallow identity so solely tied to the Wapak football program that you need to bring down others accomplishments to make you feel better about yours?

Uh, he was being sarcastic. I hope? Hyde played at D1 Iowa and is a Pro Bowler in the NFL.

Alter DID have Borland, who played for Wisconsin and in the NFL.

Believe that was in '09 when Wapak was still awful though. :cool:

If Wapak didn't play those great teams Wapak would be the Tom Brady of Northwest Ohio

If Wapak didn't play those great teams Wapak would be the Tom Brady of Northwest Ohio
1612807373141.png

I think you're confusing Wapak and Tom Brady with the MAC. If Wapak would have won any great games they would be like the Marion Local or Coldwater of.... wait.... we already have those.... and they're much, much better for their respective levels

I think you're confusing Wapak and Tom Brady with the MAC. If Wapak would have won any great games they would be like the Marion Local or Coldwater of.... wait.... we already have those.... and they're much, much better for their respective levels
Yes but those schools play in a JV league. I can't wait for the skins to show all of you week 1 this year!!!

Yes but those schools play in a JV league. I can't wait for the skins to show all of you week 1 this year!!!
You do realize we're not talking about the college MAC right? We're talking about the high school one with THIRTY SEVEN football state championships. That's 37 more than your beloved Wapak.

The trolling was amusing at first, but I'm starting to really think you just don't have a clue about anything outside of almighty Wapakoneta

You do realize we're not talking about the college MAC right? We're talking about the high school one with THIRTY SEVEN football state championships. That's 37 more than your beloved Wapak.

The trolling was amusing at first, but I'm starting to really think you just don't have a clue about anything outside of almighty Wapakoneta
Wow nothing special for the MAC having to play the almighty Warren JFK and barely beating Springfield this year. Not to mention beating Lucas last year wasn't impressive either.
2018 was probably my favorite year in HS football because no MAC school won state so we didn't have to hear how great their overhyped league is.

Pretty sure Kenton only has 3-4 wins at best against "JV leaguer" Coldwater in the last 20 years, with many of those losses being major butt whoopings.

Unless Wapak is very, very good this year Marion Local will probably have their way with them.

Wow nothing special for the MAC having to play the almighty Warren JFK and barely beating Springfield this year. Not to mention beating Lucas last year wasn't impressive either.
2018 was probably my favorite year in HS football because no MAC school won state so we didn't have to hear how great their overhyped league is.
You really need to find a new hobby that doesn't involve looking like a jack@$$ on yappi

Take Marion Local and Coldwater out of the MAC and it's basically the NWCC.
You need to stop using lead based clown paint on your face.
I think you meant to say without MSML, CW, ST, DSJ, Min, Versailles, Ft Rec, NB they are essentially the NWCC.

Did you forget about:
St. Henry: 6 titles
DSJ: 6 Titles.
Minster: 3 titles.
Versailles: 1 title.
Ft Recovery: 1 title.
New Bremen 1 title.

Want t0 kn0w what Parkway, Wapak0neta and have in c0mm0n?

Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Go back to class.

Last edited:
......And now the thread is dead.

May as well start a new WBL thread and all learn to let the troll do his thing and not give him attention. Cause now the Massillon people are coming and this thread is dead. For honestly, no reason.

I'm surprised they have fallen so far this past decade. Used to be such a consistent program. Bader was just hired 2 or 3 years ago correct? I don't see how a change can help but who knows.
Bader went 7-3 in his first year (2017) and finished 10th in their region.