Campbell Memorial Red Devils looking for a new Head Coach...WOW!

footballforever

Micky Sikora resigning yesterday was a big surprise. I thought he was doing a very good job at Campbell. Anybody have the inside scoop why he left? Plus, who are some of the candidates for the position? Any coaches on the staff interested? I have to believe there will be interest for this opportunity.

I am sure they will get some interest. There's some talent there and they have good facilities. There are some long time assistants around the area or maybe Trumbull or Portage long time assistants that could take that as a first head coaching job. You can win some games there if you do it right and its a better "first head job" than most get.

Good luck to Coach Sikora. I have heard that if Pavlansky gets the Poland job that he will be an assistant coach there.
Great finally someone said it. I will hate them 10 times more than I already do. Haha all kidding aside it must be dream job for pav. His dads name is on the field. Pav vs Pav. Poland vs Canfield. Count me in.

Great finally someone said it. I will hate them 10 times more than I already do. Haha all kidding aside it must be dream job for pav. His dads name is on the field. Pav vs Pav. Poland vs Canfield. Count me in.
If it happens, it will be interesting to see if Zetts goes along with Sikora.

Tom would be a great choice. He is a past OHSFCA president. Very capable coach.

Another thread is reporting valley Christian, lowellville and EP....could be 3-0 heading into league play

I think 2-1, if they get a competent coach. They can give VC a game, though.
If they hire another dud, they’re probably looking at a 0-2 start.

They can start 3-0 none of those schools have a heartbeat, VC is okay but Campbell should win that game by a couple scores if they get the correct hire

I thought Newton Falls had a Head Coach? They weren't looking for one were they? It wasn't posted anywhere that they were looking. Any truth into that rumor?

I hope they don’t just recycle someone who has already struggled at 2-3 schools...I’m not sure why these coaches who go 2-8 every year keep getting jobs, aren’t their young and talented guys applying for these things?? Certainly there has to be someone who might of played at Campbell and has some experience coaching who is motivated to turn it around.

I hope they don’t just recycle someone who has already struggled at 2-3 schools...I’m not sure why these coaches who go 2-8 every year keep getting jobs, aren’t their young and talented guys applying for these things?? Certainly there has to be someone who might of played at Campbell and has some experience coaching who is motivated to turn it around.
Unfortunately that’s the way of the area. Look of the other areas in Ohio. Cleveland, toledo, Cincinnati. You’re seeing a lot more first time head coaches and schools willing to put coaches in the building and the football in those areas is so much farther along. Nothing wrong with hiring a coach of experience. But around the Valley, if you’re not a “Youngstown Guy” you won’t get the job. You know what they say about doing the same thing and expecting different results......

Unfortunately that’s the way of the area. Look of the other areas in Ohio. Cleveland, toledo, Cincinnati. You’re seeing a lot more first time head coaches and schools willing to put coaches in the building and the football in those areas is so much farther along. Nothing wrong with hiring a coach of experience. But around the Valley, if you’re not a “Youngstown Guy” you won’t get the job. You know what they say about doing the same thing and expecting different results......
We are a perfect example of giving someone a chance. Our longtime assistant, first time head coach took us to a state title shot. Football at every level seems to like to recycle coaches. Just doesn't make sense.

Also, in reality, if Campbell does not go to Open enrollment, you can expect the same results year in and year out. I thought that once the new career center was built that the discussion of going to open enrollment would happen. Time will tell.

JAws31 said - We are a perfect example of giving someone a chance. Our longtime assistant, first time head coach took us to a state title shot. Football at every level seems to like to recycle coaches. Just doesn't make sense.

I posted something like this on another thread... I just feel like if there are guys that are local that have been coaching for a decade or longer, they aren't necessarily a "young coach" who gets his first chance. A lot of times if you are a longtime assistant you see the rights and wrongs of the head coaches you work for and can try to make it better. But if you only have a few years of coaching and get a head job, that is usually where one struggles.