Franklin High School Football Coach

The guys ive talked to said the offense was not very good and the team very undisciplined. As far as Rodney not sure what his ego has to do with anything. If he wanted the job im sure it would have been his. Well known coach whos won every where hes been
Lol Bwahaha Lol Bwahaha “a few more kicks.” That is grand. (Not mean spirited)

Larry Cox looks to be in the mix

Franklin faithful really have to be scratching their head at this hire.

As soon as he shows up running that 2 Tight Full House old school Badin offense. You cats will be ready to run him out of Dodge.

Sounds like Rodney's ego may have played a major role in Childer's getting the kibosh. Also hear the basketball coach and his meddling into the football "arena" to get his boy a few more kicks could have been Brad's undoing as well.

If there is a lesson to be learned in any of that is that when you try to make everybody happy, you usually sacrifice your own happiness ?‍♂️

Basketball guy definitely should have let Childers coach the team and not worry about what calls he made. When to kick and when not to kick.

Basketball guy definitely should have let Childers coach the team and not worry about what calls he made. When to kick and when not to kick.
That not what happen. It was some parents and fans that influence the political side of hs sports.

That not what happen. It was some parents and fans that influence the political side of hs sports.

Sure it is he didnt hide his displeasure with Childers decisions. He is as involved with those politics as anyone. Upset because his kid didn't get the treatment he thought he should.

Sure it is he didnt hide his displeasure with Childers decisions. He is as involved with those politics as anyone. Upset because his kid didn't get the treatment he thought he should.
I agree with you on that also. Im not a fan of bales what so ever or Childers personally. It was was just a matter of time. Childers is the type of guy either you love him or you absolutely dislike him.

The same guy that took almost 20 years to get 100 wins at Lakota West? It would seem there are some younger more creative coaches looking for just the kind of chance Franklin offers.
I agree. I wonder what in the world this guy has to offer that the other candidates did not. Coaching experience does not make you a good coach. Looks like the crew doing the hiring has blown this.

Coach Cox

Bellbrook 2 years as head coach 13-7
Lakota West 21 years as head coach 114-103
Talawanda 2 years as head coach 10-8

Total 25 years as head coach - 137- 118 ( .537 )

Bellbrook 2 years as head coach 13-7
Lakota West 21 years as head coach 114-103
Talawanda 2 years as head coach 10-8

Total 25 years as head coach - 137- 118 ( .537 )
So your saying a barely above .500 winning percentage is all that Franklin could find. Childers record was FAR better than that. Sounds like to me they found a yes man to run the program. Shake my head. Hard to believe this is the best that applied for this job

So your saying a barely above .500 winning percentage is all that Franklin could find. Childers record was FAR better than that. Sounds like to me they found a yes man to run the program. Shake my head. Hard to believe this is the best that applied for this job

I just report the facts :

Coach Childers

7 years as Head Coach at Franklin 50-24 ( .675 )

I just report the facts :

Coach Childers

7 years as Head Coach at Franklin 50-24 ( .675 )
My point exactly Franklin taking a step backwards. Sounds like they got a yes man like I said before. Franklin has some decent talent coming up and likely will get more with new schools. This should have been a highly sought after job and seems like they settled for a has been at the very best!!!

hmmmm.
I think just looking at record can be deceiving. I am not for or against coach Cox. I think you need to ask what the record was at those schools before he got there, and the same with Franklin. I do not know the answers btw...just pointing it out.
For instance, if Talawanda was 2-28 for 3 years, and he took over and went 10-8, then he did a great job! if they were 28-2 before he got there then not so great.
114-103 at Lakota, was it 6-4 every year? or did it start out poor then progressively got better? those things matter.

Was Franklin 9-1 the 3 seasons before Childers? If he didn't have to go through "rebuilding years", I think that matters

Look for Larry Cox to take over for a few years then Rodney to take back over the helm 2-3 years down the road. The fix was likely in on this hire. Having committees and a hiring interview process was smoke and mirrors. Franklin has some nice teams in the younger grades, and the knight in shinning armor will make his valiant return. You heard it hear first ;)

hmmmm.
I think just looking at record can be deceiving. I am not for or against coach Cox. I think you need to ask what the record was at those schools before he got there, and the same with Franklin. I do not know the answers btw...just pointing it out.
For instance, if Talawanda was 2-28 for 3 years, and he took over and went 10-8, then he did a great job! if they were 28-2 before he got there then not so great.
114-103 at Lakota, was it 6-4 every year? or did it start out poor then progressively got better? those things matter.

Was Franklin 9-1 the 3 seasons before Childers? If he didn't have to go through "rebuilding years", I think that matters
All very valid points, I do agree. This hire just leaves a lot of people scratching their heads

Look for Larry Cox to take over for a few years then Rodney to take back over the helm 2-3 years down the road. The fix was likely in on this hire. Having committees and a hiring interview process was smoke and mirrors. Franklin has some nice teams in the younger grades, and the knight in shinning armor will make his valiant return. You heard it hear first ;)
Sounds like you sir may have an inside scoop! Why didn't Roberts just take it now if that's the case?

Sounds like you sir may have an inside scoop! Why didn't Roberts just take it now if that's the case?

Great question. Franklin isn't expected to be very good again (by Franklin standards) for another 2-3 years. So if my conspiracy theory holds up, Roberts can watch Cox do what he does best...hang around .500 then the prodigal son will return. Not quite sure how many more years Roberts has too retire but that FB stipend would be a nice little boost there at the end to get the 5 year average up.

Well looks like everyone’s nightmare in Franklin became reality. Franklin faithful will be wishing they had Childers back by week 2
The committee that made this hiring really screwed it up

Well looks like everyone’s nightmare in Franklin became reality. Franklin faithful will be wishing they had Childers back by week 2
The committee that made this hiring really screwed it up

Larry is a good guy but this entire process was a con job. The fix was in.