Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

5.84% to date. Seems to be moving at a snails pace. The ODH does not list how many have gotten their second shot but that number should be starting to grow now that we are a month and a half into vaccinations.

My wife got her second dose last Friday. It was a pisser. She had a fever and achy all over. Ill affects lasted two days and she said sick beats dead (even though the odds were against it).

You got that right. My sister and her husband in their early 70s both tested positive and it wasn't a big deal. He was laid up for about 5 days very exhausted but he's fine now. My sister said she wasn't even going to get tested but when her husband tested positive she got the test and was positive but she said it just felt like her fall allergies. A couple of her adult children and a couple grandkids tested positive with no real affects.

But a long time friend is on day 19 of the ventilator and she's touch and go daily.

I'll probably get the vaccine when I'm able but I'm not in any of the early groups.

I know a handful of people who got covid. Two people in the 55-65 age group died but both had underlying health conditions. Another age 51 has been in the hospital the entire month of January but just started getting better this week.

I know an 80+ year old and a 90+ year old who barely had symptoms and recovered in a few days. And I know a bunch of 25 to 50 year olds who had it and recovered in a day or two. My children's (in their 20s) significant others both got covid. My children were with them the day or day before their significant other tested positive and my kids never got it. My daughter has been exposed 3 or 4 times at work and by her boyfriend. She's had 5 covid tests and negative every time.

As for the vaccine I know a handful of people in the medical field who've had it. Only one has had any side effects from the first shot. She had covid in October and she felt horrible for a day or two after her first vaccine shot in January. I only know one person who has had their 2nd shot and she felt terrible for 3-4 days after (high fever, body aches/pains, rash, chills, headache).

I know a handful of people who got covid. Two people in the 55-65 age group died but both had underlying health conditions. Another age 51 has been in the hospital the entire month of January but just started getting better this week.

I know an 80+ year old and a 90+ year old who barely had symptoms and recovered in a few days. And I know a bunch of 25 to 50 year olds who had it and recovered in a day or two. My children's (in their 20s) significant others both got covid. My children were with them the day or day before their significant other tested positive and my kids never got it. My daughter has been exposed 3 or 4 times at work and by her boyfriend. She's had 5 covid tests and negative every time.

As for the vaccine I know a handful of people in the medical field who've had it. Only one has had any side effects from the first shot. She had covid in October and she felt horrible for a day or two after her first vaccine shot in January. I only know one person who has had their 2nd shot and she felt terrible for 3-4 days after (high fever, body aches/pains, rash, chills, headache).
I only know one person that has had the second shot and she said it kicked her for two days.

My wife got her second dose last Friday. It was a pisser. She had a fever and achy all over. Ill affects lasted two days and she said sick beats dead (even though the odds were against it).
I keep hearing that second dose is a bear, i got a week and a half to prepare myself.

My children's (in their 20s) significant others both got covid. My children were with them the day or day before their significant other tested positive and my kids never got it. My daughter has been exposed 3 or 4 times at work and by her boyfriend. She's had 5 covid tests and negative every time.
I welcome you and your family to the Neanderthal club:)
Neanderthal gene offers protection against COVID-19A specific form of a protein passed down from Neanderthals protects against severe cases of the disease, according to a new study.What is known about the protein »

7.55% in Ohio have had at least one shot now. Over half the people 80+ have been vaccinated.

Have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. First dose no issues other than a headache which I am not sure was from the vaccine or from changes in weather. With the second dose I had a very sore arm for 2 days or so but no other real issues. I suggest getting the shot in your non-dominant arm.

I had Covid, so I don't plan to get it. I fear however that IF they open the northern border, they may require proof of vaccination, in order to enter. We have a fishing trip planned for July. I may just forfeit the deposit, instead of being forced to get the shot.

Have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. First dose no issues other than a headache which I am not sure was from the vaccine or from changes in weather. With the second dose I had a very sore arm for 2 days or so but no other real issues. I suggest getting the shot in your non-dominant arm.
How old are you? I have heard that being older is better, as you have a more developed immunity system.

I had Covid, so I don't plan to get it. I fear however that IF they open the northern border, they may require proof of vaccination, in order to enter. We have a fishing trip planned for July. I may just forfeit the deposit, instead of being forced to get the shot.
Why?