GCL 20/21

UCArch

Obviously Moeller will be at the top of the state rankings again this year. Elder has a lot of experience and talent coming back, but probably not enough firepower to dethrone Moe.

What does LaSalle and St X look like this year? Haven’t heard much about either? Are they transition years for both?

Predicted order of finish:
Moe
Elder
X
LaSalle

Moe
Elder
LS
X

And I agree with JElder, Elder is good enough to knock off Big Moe.

And I’ll go a step further.... Elder beats Moeller at the Pit

Watched elder vs AIken friday night

they shot close to 70% in the 1st half. Elder moves really good with out the basketball looks like they had (maybe their biggest kid) on the bench in street clothes. football maybe?

Watched elder vs AIken friday night

they shot close to 70% in the 1st half. Elder moves really good with out the basketball looks like they had (maybe their biggest kid) on the bench in street clothes. football maybe?

Elder was missing 3 players vs. Aiken from what I saw on Elder Basketball thread. Not sure of reason.

Elder has a deep roster. There is not a stud that stands out like some of the Moe commits, but every player on the roster can contribute. Their depth will be their biggest asset. It should also allow them to play fast paced the whole game.

Watch out for Sean Keller - he may steal a GCL first team spot for the next 2 years. He’s small, but their most complete player (does everything well).

Any idea where Will McCracken of Moeller is not on roster should be a senior this year . Just curious my son played aau with his older brother.

Any idea where Will McCracken of Moeller is not on roster should be a senior this year . Just curious my son played aau with his older brother.

His family relocated to South Carolina. Not sure who he’s playing for in his Senior year.

His family relocated to South Carolina. Not sure who he’s playing for in his Senior year.

playing for Hilton head high school. Looks to be head and shoulders above his teammates from their first game. Led the team with 24 points. Next closest had 7 I believe.

Last edited:
Elder, X, and Moe have all been impressive so far. LaSalle struggling with limited depth.

I don’t see LaSalle winning a GCL game. Predicted records:

Moeller - 5-1 (loss to Elder)
Elder - 4-2 (losses to Moe and X on road)
X - 3-3 (but very competitive)
LaSalle - 0-6 (doesn’t have the depth this year)

St X has been very impressive - their second half schedule is brutal.

The next 3 weeks will determine if X and Elder are contenders or pretenders.

GCL play begins tonight... Elder vs X and Mo vs LaSalle.
Moeller will sweep the GCL again this year with maybe one close game. None of rest stack up to the competition they’ve already faced. Lasalle will be happy to keep it within 30 tonight.
Moeller: 6-0
St X: 3-3
Elder: 3-3
Lasalle: 0-6

Tough game. Elder shot better from 3 and got better play from the bigs and that was the difference. Bad games for Semona and Kirby.

67-60 Elder

Moe v Elder tonight.

I think E finally gets one. Sucks no one can go. When is the last time Moe lost to a GCL or Cincinnati team?

Moe v Elder tonight.

I think E finally gets one. Sucks no one can go. When is the last time Moe lost to a GCL or Cincinnati team?

Elder is actually the more athletic team. Moe did a good job slowing the game down. The last thing they want is to get into a track meet with Elder.

Elder is actually the more athletic team. Moe did a good job slowing the game down. The last thing they want is to get into a track meet with Elder.

Outside of Mahaffey, probably true. They also have very limited depth.

In all honesty, Moe’s press toward the end of the game was very disruptive because of their length. They could probably get away with doing that more if they played more kids.

I have a feeling we’re going to see this matchup two more times this year.

Moe v Elder tonight.

Moe lost to Covington Catholic in 2018, assuming they are not considered a Cincinnati team.
Moe lost to Wilmington in the regional final in 2016, once again assuming they aren't considered a Cincinnati team
Moe's last loss to not only a true Cincinnati team and a GCL team was also to Elder on 2/5/16. How about back to back GCL losses. Moe also lost to La Salle on 2/2/16.

Entertaining interview with Miles McBride of West Virginia talking Moeller, Bob Huggins and college hoops. Check it out at "lets gobigmoe.com"

Good win over CovCath for the Bombers in non-league play. Hopefully, we can knock off Moeller or Elder this year and win some games in the playoffs. I'm atleast glad that I can reasonably convince myself of the possibility again

Entertaining interview with Miles McBride of West Virginia talking Moeller, Bob Huggins and college hoops. Check it out at "lets gobigmoe.com"

It pains me to watch Walt McBride's kid play somewhere other than Xavier. He is just really solid. Knows how to play, has good size, and is just tough.

He was a heck of a QB too. It's a shame his injuries kept him out of sports at Moeller for so long. Could've been another in a long line of great two sport athletes in the GCL