Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

Harry who we getting as head coach ?

My first instinct and guess would be Crager , who people may forget was the HC for a couple games in 2016 { QB dad talking to Crabtree { never was or did play QB anywhere } in the play-offs , where they shut down Davidson 24-3 after losing 7-6 a few weeks before , but then got beat up good by a very good Wayne team and Le Christian Smith { what is he doing now ?has he done much at the next level ? Did Ahmad Wagner who killed them in that 2014 shootout evert do anything in college ?} Anyway , if you have the kind of continuity and consistency they have had as a staff, Crager is the top guy and candidate ? I'm a fan, I don't talk to these men so I can't really know , I hear some things, and some things I have no idea about.

There are some things I have known or had a very good idea about that I would NOT post here unlike some others . I would think that it will generate a bit of outside interest . As much a rebuild as it is and the amount of talent that is leaving this year, it seems it would be a good time for a new person and staff to start 'Building " their own program and culture, BUT I think given the nature of the staff and that it doesn't appear that Crabtree is coaching somewhere else , { Next year anyway} and won't take anyone with him , the staff stays mostly in tact and Crager gets the the promotion .

Last edited:
Poor Browns get handed a couple bad breaks ,and then get a big break to go their way{ Mahomes going out} , only to not get the ball back because 36 year old Chad Henne ran for 13 yards on 3rd and 14 and then they had the nerve to flip the ball out to Hill in the flat when most were thinking they were just going for the jump offsides deke. Gutty performance, but just not quite enough . Awful rule that gives the ball to the defense in that situation , but it is a good lesson for receivers and ball-carriers , With time on the clock after getting a first down , there is no need to take that chance of reaching the ball out like that with a defender bearing down on you .

Going for a key first down on 4th down ? reach away . Third ? Ditto in most cases . When there is only a paly or two left in the game ? Go for it . In that situation ? NEVER . Big pet peeve of most coaches . Anyway , the Chiefs got there for us wining by at least 4 with the teaser , but Browns backers at + 9.5 -10 got a nice break , because you have to think that Mahomes is probably good for another touchdown for the Chiefs if he doesn't go out . Chubb dropped two passes , his first two of the entire YEAR . Baker was real close to a second TD Pass obviously , but it wasn't meant to be .

The beating a team three times in a season isn't as big a thing as many think , but it is something when it pertains to one team being in better shape than the other when the third meeting takes place. Saints were banged up coming in . Michael Thomas clearly wasn't 100 percent , nor to me was Brees whose arm has lost considerable strength the last couple years and after that serious rib{s} injury I believe he lost even a bit more off of the fastball . HIs ball hangs up for a little longer, he can't throw it downfield , Tampa Bay came in hot, , the argument was they had beaten up weak sisters, and some of that was valid. They had only beaten one team with a winning record{ The Packers } before that . I was waiting for that hook { 3.5 } to grab the Bucs , but it never came so took it at + 3 for a bit less. Saints play-off history sows some pretty tough losses and some bad luck . Brady is a younger QB than Brees is in most ways now . He had more weapons and the Saints weapons were not at full strength , { Thomas , Hill was in street clothes and then Harris the smaller jitterbug dangerous returner and solid receiver went out in the first half.

Bucs even got some good stuff from Ronald Jones coming back after being out for a bit . Saints were a better club in the two meetings and for much of the year , BUT it isn't about that in a play-off match-up sometimes. Tampa defense is a big play defense or tries to be and they were going to be ball hawks , they were and that coupled with Brees weaker arm? Add in the fact that you don't have to respect the deep ball ? Picks waiting to happen . They happened. the turnovers did them in .4 of them , ZERO for TB . Turnovers are an equalizer , they determine so many games and is a leading indicator in wo wins and who loses football games . At every level but especially the NFL where the talent variances are so small .

I sent this out on Thursday to my 'Guys " concerning this game and what I was thinking about it .

I am leaning towards " Tompa " Bay here. NO has a nasty habit at this point of finding ways to LOSE these games. I really think a lot of Brees and root for him to do well .BUT it seems like the Saints kind of underachieve at bad inopputune times . Horrible call two years ago cost them , but they should have taken care of business before that juncture of the game and been up on the Rams who were a good solid team BUT not that great . They have laid some eggs , been cruelly beaten { Rams and Vikings before that} kind of stumbled without a logical reason for it .

Beating Brady even at his age where he is STILL a top tier QB at worst , THREE TIMES, with the weapons he has ? The stable of talent he has to work with makes him 4-5 years younger immediately . He is fanatical about keeping himself young and those skill guys he has is like free spa days for a year .

Saints are very good. But here's the thing . While Kamara is an X-Factor , the Bucs have MORE playmakers , Michael Thomas isn't back yet 100 percent IMO . Wednesday night is usually a night I stay up late and watch tape of the games, looking for a few nuggets that over time can be the difference in a bit more profit . What I saw vs. The Bears and in a few other games is Brees decreasing arm strength . yes it's been coming for a while, but against this motivated now more confident team with Brady and weapons galore, is a defense that has playmakers, takes some chances , and has guys to make big plays . Brees fit some balls in last week by the slimmest of margins . His impeccable timing and rhythm got the ball there just in time .

The ball just seems to stay suspended in the air a bit longer now and I can'[t help but to envision a couple near picks and chances for a talented Bucs defense to make a big play . Pick Six ? If the timing is just a hair off will the ball get there ? Will more passes get batted away and or picked .? Grabbing 3 points seems like the play here

Post mortems are a necessary part of many endeavors not just looking for the cause of actual human death. Why did our presentation not work ? Why did that experiment not yield the result we wanted or answer the pertinent questions we were seeking? Where did the research come up short? How could I have sold that better? What did I miss? How could we have gotten more out of our team? Should we have used different schemes and personnel groups ?

The examples are endless . So it goes on Monday's during football season in NFL coaching rooms, team buildings and then you have meetings. Some times dreaded ones. The film doesn't lie fellas , is something I remember hearing sometimes dreading a play or two where I may be guilty of a missed block or a particular assignment was carried out sloppily . This type of reflection and scrutiny can't help but improve fundamentals .lessens the chance that you will make a mistake a second or third time .

So looking at the loss of the Baltimore Ravens who I felt really good about in being able to beat Buffalo on Saturday night was just part of my 'routine", the games over , but what can I learn about it ? Where was my reasoning faulty ? Now of course you can do everything right at times and still lose, and other times you handicap it poorly, you didn't see it very clearly but still won because you got some breaks or the fumbles bounced a certain way and you won the TO battle , or you got the inevitable questionable calls to go in your favor . KC bettors losing Mahomes was certainly not good 'luck".

I liked the Ravens defense which had been improving steadily , getting back some horses up front . They didn't disappoint . Josh Allen is the NFL's most improved player . As a kid when your teams held a season ending get together, team awards were sometimes given. Some trophy's . Not everyone got them then . May be your league had a banquet and trophy's were given to teams based on winning and there were individual awards given to the best performers . " Most improved " wasn't an award most kids wanted to receive, because it is saying that you kind of suked before the big improvement . The little league kid who was a two inning in the field , one at bat kid who stopped being afraid of the ball and progressed to playing half the game adn got a few hits no one thought he would ? You wanted MVP or get one for the batting title not most improved.

Anyway , at the NFL level this is more commendable . Allen's accuracy has increased to an almost astonishing level . He was wild , a bucking bronco who suddenly became measured , calm in the pocket and more productive in a couple years. Like a pitcher who seems like he'll never achieve real greatness because he doesn't have a sustainable repeatable delivery and it causes control problems. Command issues. Allen has a solid fundamental base now , a better understanding of the offense, and oh yeah a very good offensive coach and added one of the best receivers in the game recently .

The Ravens held Allen to a modest 86 QR , on 23- 37 for a low 5.6 yards per attempt { 206}. They held him and the entire Bills running game to 32 yards . 10 offensive points. This was the crux of the play and if you saw these numbers without seeing the score? What are the odds you lose this one ? GETTING 3 points as well ? Push at worst but you probably win this one 90 percent of the time or better given this defensive performance . The team you took getting three points had 120 more yards from scrimmage running for 150 yards averaging 4.7 a rush . AND LOST THE GAME BY 14 POINTS. So you handicapped the defensive performance perfectly, you got the rushing yards you needed as you hoped . So what went wrong?

Unfortunately , the tape doesn't lie and the tape says , Lamar Jackson wasn't up to the moment yet. His team averages under 14 points in the play-offs in his 4 games . 340 yards and 3 points ? Jackson was 14-24 for 162 yards . Had a 61 QR . Now given the running game being solid and his vast talents as a runner although he was held in check fairly well himself the overall run game was solid. , AND the really solid defensive effort, it actually should have been enough. BUT the bottom line is you need to score points and finish drives. So the ballgame and the loss for me came down to a sequence deep in Bills territory . Jackson did well along with the running game to get the ball down to the Bills 10 , first and goal .

This is where the best of the best QB's thrive and prosper in the play-offs . DOWN 7 the Ravens needed a TD . First play he gets chased fumbles , gets it back at the 14 and runs it to the 9 . Very bumpy play , that didn't inspire much confidence. The next play was an ugly short incompletion . A this point I thought that you could literally give him six downs and he isn't scoring here . The next play was may be the worst looking play with a disastrous result as I've seen in quite some time at such a key moment in a play off game. He drops straight back on 3rd and goal from the 9 . OK Why not try to roll him out , use some deception ? ANYTHING but that considering they are the lowest rated passing team in the league ? Straight drop , he looks to the middle of the field and what does he see ? Well can't be 100 percent sure what he saw exactly , BUT what was there were three defenders with a 4th getting near to ONE receiver , yet he still threw it and one of the four stepped in front of the receiver for the easy interception AND he returned it 102 yards . BALLGAME . Jackson got hurt shortly thereafter and his night was over .

Bills defense is pretty average , sometimes below that . Jackson is never going to be a really smooth pure passer , but he needs to learn some of the nuances of playing the position and be more consistent recognizing things in order to make the winning plays at moments like this . Eyes need to control the coverage better , look safety's off , recognize coverages a bit better .I didn't make the play with Jackson in mind being the difference here . And I don't think I was overly influenced by his first play-off win coming back from 10-0 to win 20-13 . I had them in that game as well and again it was their defense and run game being the big reason and impetus for the play . { along with a lesser Tennessee defense } .

Like I opined yesterday about the QB play over the weekend , the difference in the polish the nuanced understanding of the position and execution between guys like Brady , Rodgers and Mahomes and Jackson was HUGE . Obviously experience and sheer arm talent is a big part of this equation , but the bottom line is guys like that are simply playing the position at such a different level , that Jackson while good to very good at times in the regular season , is simply still not there yet to lead a team to that next level of getting teams a bit deeper in the play-offs . He is young he works hard, he is coachable , he in trying to improve and embraces the process. He doesn't think he has it al figured out as some young guys might given his level of success in terms of winning a lot of games . But it is also a fact that the aforementioned legends and some other lesser mortals were 'getting it and making big plays at a younger age and with less experience ? His legs were the big story in his lone play-off win vs Tennessee , can he get to the point where it doesn't look like those three plays at first and goal at the ten where it seemed like he would need about 6-7 plays to get in ? And not make that incredibly bad throw and decision in that moment? Had the under with Lamar in mind and the wind and Ravens defense in mind , but may be I erred in thinking Jackson wouldn't be a kind of liability to wining in this spot at this point in his development ? The process continues . It never ends . For anyone . If you want to to achieve and maintain excellence in what you are doing that is. I believe that Lamar wants this and is willing to work for it . I am hoping and rooting for him to 'get there" .

The school is committed to getting the best coach for Coffman. This may or may not be Coach Crager. This will be very interesting because some very accomplished coaches have actively inquired.

The school is committed to getting the best coach for Coffman. This may or may not be Coach Crager. This will be very interesting because some very accomplished coaches have actively inquired.
I am sure there is. The Perry job which Jerome coach Geciwich eventually got had over 70 applicants . They win a lot up there . it's a very good and successful school district . Successful community , as is Coffman. Lots of interest from very qualified candidates . Who knows they may go with a new 'regime ". Could be interesting .

This thread is about Dublin Coffman football? I thought it was a dark web betting guide for college and pro football...
Dark Web? That's funny . Not a great troll which is all you offer here but that was funny . From say 7 on 7 through the pre-season , camp , and the season itself ? It's been mostly HS football if not all HS football here . Nothing dark about talking college and pro football in terms of point spreads and betting seeing as though it is legal in many states and will be in a lot more in due time . There is other things in addition to that included that some say they like , but again if it doesn't interest you ? Don't read. It's the off-season , YES the Coffman Head job is open . That is big news which I have offered some perspective on for a while now. I don't have anything else to add to that at this early part of the process . When I do I am sure you will read it . Anyone else including you or AHM is welcome to add their perspective or thoughts about it including who they know is applying . Dark Web . What is this ? 1978 ?

Last edited:
Heard that there was a coach over in Northwest Ohio that was contacted about his interest level in the job. Current assistant at a great program that makes deep playoff runs every year.

Heard that there was a coach over in Northwest Ohio that was contacted about his interest level in the job. Current assistant at a great program that makes deep playoff runs every year.
Not saying that you didn’t hear that, but I highly doubt that is the case. This is not the type of job that would go to someone without head-coaching experience. Plus, I’m guessing that there won’t be much “reaching out” needing to be done.

Would assume this job gets a lot of interest. Coffman is definitely a top job in Central Ohio. Probably top 3? With Coffman and Jerome both being open at the same time, any chance they do the first round interviews together ? With Coach Crabtree not retiring from teaching it could make it a little more difficult to hire a coach/teacher. Definitely helps internal candidates with not knowing what teaching positions will be available.

Why would he be asked about that ? Does he Dublin or CO ties?

Applications can be sent until February 15th for the HC job . Staff has been in tact for the most part for many years . If they go in a different direction , the big rebuilding year gets more difficult obviously . Would a new guy keep a couple top assistants for continuity sakes or go with his own guys 100 percent? Most coaches who have been around the block , have had the support of some loyal assistants. Should be an interesting process to be sure because there are real questions about what direction they want to go in? Start over ? Or continue on with the present staff mostly intact.? The next few weeks will answer some of these questions I am sure.

Duane has been clear the next coach will have head coaching experience. This doesn’t discount Coach Crager but will be dependent on who applies. The Administration feels like some very qualified “home run” candidates will get strong consideration.

Duane has been clear the next coach will have head coaching experience. This doesn’t discount Coach Crager but will be dependent on who applies. The Administration feels like some very qualified “home run” candidates will get strong consideration.
I'm a fan , not an insider.[never claimed to be } Now I have gotten some information that wasn't public from time to time over the years{ parents some other fans} some times I have shared it if appropriate { In my opinion} and some times not . It's early in the process and may be you want to protect sources or the candidates themselves at this juncture, but feel free to share if you deem appropriate .

Starting to crunch some numbers and will look at some tape to try to learn even a small particle of information that may help handicap the games. Very interesting dynamics in terms of teams' journey and how they have developed over the last few months in this most different of seasons and trying seasons . What's clear to most is the fact that Football is now an offensive league and the best ranked offenses are the ones that usually survive and advance . Final four include the top ranked offenses.

1 KC
2 GB
3 Buffalo
5 Tampa . New Orleans was 4th .

Breaking down GB and TB is a bit tricky or may be more interesting because of the fact that TB crushed GB by 4 Td's . GB was up 10-0 and then the TB defense rattled Rodgers which rarely happens and got a pick 6 and then another pick on a deflection and were off to the races . What most be noted though is the fact that in the first half of the season the GB defense wasn't good . AT ALL . The numbers really bear this out . The first 8 games the Packers defense enabled opposing QB's to compile an average 106 QR . In the last 8 games ? QB's had a 77 QR. They had 6 more sacks in the second half of the season and the opponents QB completion percentage went from 70 percent to 56 percent. So this shows of course as most of us can see that the Packers are a much better team on defense now .

A few things I am focusing on before I watch some game footage tonight is the Packers pass rush which has improved throughout the year , culminating with them getting some real solid pressure on Goff eventually . Really was a big key because Goff made some throws bad thumb and all when he had time . This will be a factor because as great as Brady is and has been down the stretch , he is more than mortal when pressured. Of course all QB's like time and space and if they don't get it they aren't as good . When under pressure Brady ranks only 21st among QB's in QR with 54.5 . He is ranked only 23rd in completion percentage with 44 percent. Pack DL Kenny Clark has become a beast for GB and is one to watch here.

Green Bay is ranked 3rd in fewest sacks allowed and TB is ranked 4th . Both teams protect the passer well , but of course some of that credit goes to both veteran First ballot HOF's who kind of know what they are doing . GB O-line even without thier best guy LT Bakhtiari is arguably as good as it gets in the league. They were NOT this good earlier in the season and when they played TB in week 6 .

I expect both QB's to get ample time overall . Points per game is even GB 31 TB 30 . The run game advantage goes to GB with 132 a game whereas TB gets 94 a game on the ground. Ronald Jones is one to watch as while it was clear he wasn't 100 percent he was close enough and he ripped off a couple nice runs. Fournette caught a TD pass and I believe TB run game could be an underrated key to the game.

Yards per game is also even with GB at 389 and TB 384. GB has a slight advantage in yards per play { 6.3 to 6.0 } This is a stat that needs to be looked at . The stat that shows a bigger edge to GB is red zone scoring { TD's } percentage .Green Bay is ranked number one in the league at a gaudy 78.5 percent . This is where Rodgers in year two of Lafleurs new offense has improved greatly . They have the most TD passes in the red zone and Stud Davante Adams is the main man here . He can be un-guardable in this area of the field and Rodgers accuracy and timing is usually impeccable . Must be noted that GB secondary receivers have really improved in the last couple years .Guys no one heard of a couple years ago are making big plays in this offense. {Tonyan 11 TD's }

Tampa Bay is ranked only 11th in RZ TD % at 64 percent . Nice edge to GB here and could this be the X-Factor ultimately ? Brady and his weapons are playing at a high level at this point though . The other larger edge offensively in favor of the Packers is third down conversion percentage . GB is ranked first in the league at a very impressive 50.5percent. TB is 11th at 43.6 . Both teams don't turn it over . Rodgers in his career has BY FAR the best TD to Interception ratio and no one is close . GB is ranked first in fewest TO's per game {0.6} and TB is close behind at 4th with 1 a game. Again this is a result of HOF level QB play first and foremost but both have solid offensive coaches and good players around them including good protection up front .

Last thoughts for now . WEEK 6 blowout is not all that relevant now . TB was at home playing with more energy got some turnovers and the GB defense was not as good as it is now , along with the O-Line . Early season saw the TB defense as being the better unit on the field as the offense and Brady got acclimated to each other .The offense of course has steadily improved while the defense has slipped a little bit . Still higher ranked than GB's unit overall BUT the gap has closed NOW . TB gives up 4.8 a rush as opposed to 4.5 in the first half of the season and the secondary has leaked a bit more in terms of giving up some bigger plays . We noted the GB defensive improvement with Mike Pettine's schemes being executed better and the talent they have gaining confidence and consistency .

Leaning GB here as probably a majority are , and to me it's the ridiculous Red Zone execution edge , 3rd down conversion rate , Home field , and the improved Pack defense and potential to pressure Brady at least somewhat which lowers his efficiency more than many QB's at this stage being the keys.

I'm a fan , not an insider.[never claimed to be } Now I have gotten some information that wasn't public from time to time over the years{ parents some other fans} some times I have shared it if appropriate { In my opinion} and some times not . It's early in the process and may be you want to protect sources or the candidates themselves at this juncture, but feel free to share if you deem appropriate .
Thanks for your permission.

Thanks for your permission.
Thought you may object to that , didn't mean to suggest that you needed permission as you being the hole you are are going to bring up non public stuff such as the coach leaving a few months before h announced it. You being freaking you . Not a good thing by the way . So you will not share your insider info . thanks for nothing hole

Guy is on a first name basis with the AD brags about being an insider ( yet has insulted the coach the program and the kids for years now ) says some home run caliber candidates may be interested and then offers nothing . Yet he had no problem publicly stating coach was leaving well before the public announcement and wanted to start a dialogue about who the coach may be two months ago. Because we aren’t dooshes no one was interested in doing that before the announcement . Now after the announcement he says some great candidates are interested and shuts up ?

Last edited:
Remember your liberal mantra: “words will hurt forever”
Not my mantra at all . You seem soooo offended that I include non HS football in this space and troll redundantly on it yet are still trolling in this vane in this space ? There is a forum for every topic .I realize that fact . I choose not to post in some forums . You’ve let it be known you have a problem with it and troll every day . I’m done with you . Feel free to add nothing here but your usual trolls. Why is it you come to this space ? Oh that’s right for AHM s insider info he doesn’t share . DM him . Hopefully we don’t hear from you anymore
You here

Last edited:
Not my mantra at all . You seem soooo offended that I include non HS football in this space and troll redundantly on it yet are still trolling in this vane in this space ? There is a forum for every topic .I realize that fact . I choose not to post in some forums . You’ve let it be known you have a problem with it and troll every day . I’m done with you . Feel free to add nothing here but your usual trolls. Why is it you come to this space ? Oh that’s right for AHM s insider I go he doesn’t share . DM him . Hopefully we don’t hear from you anymore
Guy here

Do your short little stubby fingers get tired trying to keep up with your feeble minded thoughts?

Are you proclaiming you’re a male with the “guy here”? Proud of you little buddy!

We could start a new thread that simply focused on Rocks football, but what fun would that be if HarryCrane just stayed over here and talked to himself?

Once a Rock, Always a Rock!

Il
Thought you may object to that , didn't mean to suggest that you needed permission as you being the hole you are are going to bring up non public stuff such as the coach leaving a few months before h announced it. You being freaking you . Not a good thing by the way . So you will not share your insider info . thanks for nothing hole

Ill share whatever information I have. People that read these posts are interested in Coffman Football. Anything I can do to add to that, I will be happy to do so.

If you read my words, instead of reading what you want to hear, it may help to eliminate some confusion.

I said that Duane expects some home run hitters to apply. I dont know who they are. I will find out, I can assure you that, and when I do I will share if people are interested.

I dont know what being an insider means. I have been around a long time, know a lot of people, and people trust me enough to tell me information that some may feel is important. Is that the definition of an insider? I dont know.

Do your short little stubby fingers get tired trying to keep up with your feeble minded thoughts?

Are you proclaiming you’re a male with the “guy here”? Proud of you little buddy!

We could start a new thread that simply focused on Rocks football, but what fun would that be if HarryCrane just stayed over here and talked to himself?

Once a Rock, Always a Rock!
Go for it . Start a new thread .