20-21 Federal League Basketball

Sponsored by our friends at Furbay Electric Supply

We are your #1 home for HS? coverage in the area!

One of the top games in the state of Ohio on Friday!

Watch McKinley vs. Jackson!

Joe Dunn & Dean Marini with the call

Sarchione Ford Of Randolph POTG: Brent Walker

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/spo...s-basketball-score-federal-league/6640175002/

Senior center Brent Walker, a Walsh University recruit, scored nine of his 17 points in the third quarter to go with nine rebounds. It was in that third quarter that McKinley seemingly took control, stretching a 24-20 halftime lead to 15 points entering the fourth.

It was the only time McKinley really looked like McKinley, which meant playing with some tempo and attacking the glass.

“We clearly turned up some pressure and got out on the break,” Vlajkovich said. “Brent got a few touches. We played with some rhythm and found some flow. And then we really couldn’t seem to buy a bucket in the fourth and took an ill-advised shot or two. We just hung on and found a way to win.”

“We were very, very flat,” Vlajkovich said. “I just thought we never got the defensive pressure and tempo going in the way we need to get it going, the way that we have been.

“It’s hard to be upset with your team when you give up 20 points in a half, but we’ve been accustomed to getting out on the break and creating havoc. We just didn’t do that tonight.”
McKinley 55, Hoover 50

HOOVER (5-6, 2-4): Yun 4 2-2 13, Barker 3 3-6 9, C.Henne 2 0-0 4, Collins 2 2-2 7, B.Henne 2 0-2 4, Bille 1 0-0 2, Ware 3 4-7 11. Totals 17-46 11-19 50.

MCKINLEY (7-2, 5-0): Johnson 3 2-4 8, Herring 1 0-1 2, Walker 7 3-5 17, V.Smith 1 0-0 2, Perie 7 3-4 19, McCollough 2 2-2 7. Totals 21-48 10-16 55.

Hoover 12 8 11 19 — 50
McKinley 15 9 22 9 — 55

3-Point Field Goals: Yun 3, Perie 2, McCollough, Collins, Ware. Total fouls: Hoover 18-17. Fouled out: McCollough. Rebounds: Hoover 34 (B.Henne 8), McKinley 29 (Walker 9). JV: Hoover 49-47 OT.

Last edited:
PERRY 58, LAKE 57 Quentin Toles scored a game-high 27 points as Perry earned a narrow win over visiting Lake. Joel Brown added 12 points for the Panthers. Haythem Hmeidan chipped in 11 points for Perry. The third quarter was key to the Panther victory. Perry outscored Lake 21-14 during that span. J.J. Vaughan scored 21 points to lead the Blue Streaks. Cam Horning also had 14 points for Lake.

Perry 58, Lake 57

LAKE: Vaughn 0 6-6 21, Horning 2 1-2 14, Snow 2 0-0 4, Evans 4 0-4 8, Stadulis 2 2-3 6. Totals 19 11-17 57.

PERRY (3-5, 2-4): Toles 4 4-4 27, Brown 6 0-0 12, Gill 0 2-3 8, Hmeidan 4 3-6 11. Totals 18 9-13 58.

Lake 13 21 14 9 - 57
Perry 18 9 21 9 — 58

3-Point Field Goals: Toles - 4, Brown - 4, Gill - 2, Vaughn - 5, Horning - 3 Total fouls: Perry - 14, Lake - 15 Fouled out: None. Technicals: None JV: Lake 45 - 12.

I have to agree with M2M that Jackson is overrated at this point. McKinley looked very strong but would have to agree that the Federal League is down this year.
Could be but generally Debevec likes to schedule very competitive non-league games if he can mesh schedules with solid programs. They've never backed down from playing elite teams and I think that's helped them in the past and in the tournament. Their scrimmage/summer schedule is usually filled with top tier teams to challenge the players. That being said, McKinley looked fantastic against Jackson but will they play that well against them in the future? No one knows, have to play the games. Rankings don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Watching some of the replay confirmed that McK was really dominant. So many layups when they attacked the rim. Jax interim coach remarked post-game on how much bigger and stronger McK was than his team. He was right.

BTS - are you going to post the video of McK - Hoover?

I was almost as impressed with McK grinding out a victory against Hoover as I was their defeat of Jackson. In years past they would have lost a game like that after whipping a rival. Good sign.

Here's a blast from the past. An article about Chandler Vaudrin, Lake's do-it-all standout from a few years ago who is excelling at Winthrop. They are scheduled to appear on ESPNU tonight.

Here's a blast from the past. An article about Chandler Vaudrin, Lake's do-it-all standout from a few years ago who is excelling at Winthrop. They are scheduled to appear on ESPNU tonight.

Probably my favorite player from Lake of all time.

Kid was and is incredible. Some of those passes he made and the general funkiness of his game are things I will always remember about him.

Sponsored by our friends at Furbay Electric Supply

Your home for Federal League ?? is Big Time Sports!

A great one on Tuesday night between Hoover & McKinley!

Dave Scheetz & Mike Gallina with the call!

Sarchione Ford Of Randolph POTG: Tae Perie

Great share, what a gutsy move to go from a sure thing at Walsh to unknown at Winthrop, but it sure did pay off! Great story....

My favorite announcer is the one Jackson uses for their stream.

BA DUM TSSSS......

1610737757980.png

Hoover has improved a lot since the beginning of the year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they upset Jackson tonight.

Seems like the Jackson-Hoover game was exciting, but the Vikings couldn't quite pull off the upset. That rivalry has become very one-sided in basketball. Hoover has only won twice against Jackson since the 2012-13 season. The Vikings consistently have decent basketball teams, but they haven't been at the level they were when Montgomery was the coach. Got to wonder if Hoover's supporters are happy with the state of their basketball program, or if they want to change things up. I remember watching the 2013 Hoover team that won the district with last second wins against Green and Lake. Outstanding team.