Walnut Hills 2021

Ok, lets go through this piece by piece.
1. As a coach and educator, I always wanted my students and players to become completely self sufficient. If they are calling me consistently for "mentorship advise" after they have graduated, I have failed them. If they are calling to just stay in touch that's great.

2. I dog Pflug because he is a joke. What do I have to be jealous of? I have coached against him in the past, and didn't lose.

3. I have spoken to Pflug in person numerous times. He knows I am not a fan of his non-commitment and complete phoniness.

Sorry you have a problem with people you seem to hold dear, but the guy is a complete clown that just wants his name out there whenever possible. He is just an attention seeking ego that simply is not a good football coach. What program did he leave in better shape than when he took over?

Again, it may not be pretty, but I call them like I see them, sorry you are butt-hurt for someone else.

I have to whole heartedly disagree with your #1 unless you are saying you are not a mentor to your students which would be your prerogative.

I have to whole heartedly disagree with your #1 unless you are saying you are not a mentor to your students which would be your prerogative.
When I was teaching and coaching I was a mentor. What I'm saying is when a student has graduated from college, he shouldn't be calling me for advise any more if I did a good job on mentoring him to be self-sufficient. There's a big difference between mentoring and being a crutch for kids. They shouldn't have to run everything by me as adults, think for yourself and make your own informed decisions. That was always my goal.

When I was teaching and coaching I was a mentor. What I'm saying is when a student has graduated from college, he shouldn't be calling me for advise any more if I did a good job on mentoring him to be self-sufficient. There's a big difference between mentoring and being a crutch for kids. They shouldn't have to run everything by me as adults, think for yourself and make your own informed decisions. That was always my goal.

That is where I disagree. Not saying you are wrong and our circumstances are different since the people I have taught are professionals and they know that no matter how many years later they can always reach out to me for advise.

I guess the best way to put it is you can teach someone to be self sufficient and still not have it be a failure if they run into a situation that has them reaching out for advice. I have had multiple people who have worked for me over the years who have reached out in this pandemic just to bounce ideas or ask for how to best handle what has been work and life altering situations that no one was prepared for in our industry. And I have done the same for people who I have not talked to for years because I was stumped on certain issues and wanted an outside perspective on how to best handle it.

p.s. I just reread your original statement and missed the part about consistently reaching out which changes the dynamic with the conversation. So lets ignore everything I have said up to this point.

Nobodies been hired. That dude is a moron. WH is a public school, there is an entire protocol that has to be followed under the teachers contract for it to be done already.
the Hawg...show some respect man. Fans/parents like you are the reason these schools don’t do well. I bet you’re the parent in the stands yelling at the coaches what plays to call. I think it’d be a great hire, didn’t say he was hired just thought it’d be a good hire for this program if it was true, read the original post!

the Hawg...show some respect man. Fans/parents like you are the reason these schools don’t do well. I bet you’re the parent in the stands yelling at the coaches what plays to call. I think it’d be a great hire, didn’t say he was hired just thought it’d be a good hire for this program if it was true, read the original post!
Who would be a great hire?

Alright dummy stop, and anybody that knows me knows everything u just said is retard talk

Because he has been so successful at Withrow :rolleyes:
You are playing, right? He was 3-7 last season and 1-7 this season. Besides the Daniels kid, who else has gone to college. Have you seen them of late? I was at the Withrow Walnut football game last season which was stopped in the 3rd quarter because the Withrow players and Coaches were fighting Walnut. Now I'm not making Walnut the victim however, CPS was very quiet about it. Also, I was at the Withrow Northwest game this season and the players were undisciplined and disrespectful to the staff and they got blown out and Northwest had a skeleton team. Yeah you, playing. Withrow numbers are back down. I can't remember the coach before his name however, I can say they were discipline and he had more numbers.

You are playing, right? He was 3-7 last season and 1-7 this season. Besides the Daniels kid, who else has gone to college. Have you seen them of late? I was at the Withrow Walnut football game last season which was stopped in the 3rd quarter because the Withrow players and Coaches were fighting Walnut. Now I'm not making Walnut the victim however, CPS was very quiet about it. Also, I was at the Withrow Northwest game this season and the players were undisciplined and disrespectful to the staff and they got blown out and Northwest had a skeleton team. Yeah you, playing. Withrow numbers are back down. I can't remember the coach before his name however, I can say they were discipline and he had more numbers.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. Also, it should be noted, that Walnut was not the only fight Withrow had in the 19 season..... CPS was very quiet about all of them.

I'm not showing respect for anyone that dabbles in spreading false narratives...Period. The dude said "nice hire if true". Again no one has been hired 2 weeks later.

Taft, West Hi and Hughes all had winning records recently. If Walnut looked at a CPS Head Coach it would probably be from one of those schools. Since its been a couple weeks since the position opened they might be going outside of CPS to find someone.

I'm not showing respect for anyone that dabbles in spreading false narratives...Period. The dude said "nice hire if true". Again no one has been hired 2 weeks later.

Taft, West Hi and Hughes all had winning records recently. If Walnut looked at a CPS Head Coach it would probably be from one of those schools. Since its been a couple weeks since the position opened they might be going outside of CPS to find someone.

Walnut will not hire a guy from any of those schools. Although they are all CPS schools, Walnut is handled differently. Have you ever seen a Taft game? The entire staff will wear green on green sweats with timberlands! Walnut is a little more professional than the other CPS schools. Hughes coaches actually have a good sideline presence as well.

We know that's a lie because there aren't many CPS parents in the stands. That's a major issue with the inner-city schools.

Walnut will not hire a guy from any of those schools. Although they are all CPS schools, Walnut is handled differently. Have you ever seen a Taft game? The entire staff will wear green on green sweats with timberlands! Walnut is a little more professional than the other CPS schools. Hughes coaches actually have a good sideline presence as well.
Timberlands? Wow. Hughes seems to be ran well and much improved over the years. At this point in time though they'll probably hire a coordinator from a playoff caliber team or try to bring someone out of retirement. Whoever they hire is going to be behind for sure.

Timberlands? Wow. Hughes seems to be ran well and much improved over the years. At this point in time though they'll probably hire a coordinator from a playoff caliber team or try to bring someone out of retirement. Whoever they hire is going to be behind for sure.

And to be clear, I think Tafts coaches do a great job and I don't see him leaving there any time soon. Walnut is just handled differently.

the coach at Taft is probably a candidate. he's had that program going and developed some talent, just not very much postseason success. but seems like he runs a good program and that's what's most important.

the coach at Taft is probably a candidate. he's had that program going and developed some talent, just not very much postseason success. but seems like he runs a good program and that's what's most important.

He didnt interview for it. A hire has been made and they will announce no later than Monday I'd say.

What seems to be holding Walnut Hills back in football? Great academic school, talent is usually solid yet they barely go .500 most years. From the outside looking in it looks like a great job.
Great academic school! You aren’t going to get the type of athlete you need to win on a consistent basis. High academic standards and taking a test just to get in. Not a good combination

First 3 posts on yappi defending coach Pflug. Think we we found coach’s 4 or 5th alternate yappi ID. If you can’t defend yourself, I guess you can’t expect others to defend you
Yeah thats not Pflug, and Coach Crook is the hire.