Lima Perry or Ada ?

Is the Delphos void of football talent as DSJ has struggled with talent and numbers recently as well....
The football talent has definitely dropped in Delphos, people from both schools will agree with that. Lack of talent doesn't excuse how bad Taviano's program was though. DSJ is suffering from the same lack of talent and numbers as Jefferson, but is still a respectable program that will compete in their league and win some non-conference games, that was not at all the case with Taviano at Jefferson.

Hopefully they can both regain some of their old status. As an outsider from Grove I've always admired the football tradition at both schools. St. John's playoff record speaks for itself, and Jefferson, even though very down in the last 3 years, still leads the NWC in overall and outright league championships. When the teams are good, there's not many better places in the area than Stadium Park to watch a big time football game

The football talent has definitely dropped in Delphos, people from both schools will agree with that. Lack of talent doesn't excuse how bad Taviano's program was though. DSJ is suffering from the same lack of talent and numbers as Jefferson, but is still a respectable program that will compete in their league and win some non-conference games, that was not at all the case with Taviano at Jefferson.

Hopefully they can both regain some of their old status. As an outsider from Grove I've always admired the football tradition at both schools. St. John's playoff record speaks for itself, and Jefferson, even though very down in the last 3 years, still leads the NWC in overall and outright league championships. When the teams are good, there's not many better places in the area than Stadium Park to watch a big time football game
DSJ is far from competing in their league.

I guess I'm using pretty low standards for "competing" in this example. Not saying that they are competing for league championships (granted, much harder to do when having 1 instead of 2 state champs in your league is a "down year") or even in the middle of their league, just stating that they are much more competitive in the MAC than Jefferson was with Taviano, even if that's only winning 1 or 2 league games and not getting blown out by 3+ possessions every week. Taviano's team literally only had 2 league games decided by less than 45 points.

Like I said in the MAC thread, 30 kids on the roster in the MAC isnt going to cut it. But Birddog is right In the fact that DSJ is in better shape than Jefferson was under LT. DSJ might have struggled to win in the MAC but they did win a playoff game this past season and likely would've been in league title contention if they were in the NWCC. Maybe would've been a middle of the pack NWC team if we're talking hypotheticals. DSJ still has good coaching.

It's a shame that the Delphos schools have fallen off as much as they have. Maybe someone like a Wapak assistant can come in and turn things around?

It's a shame that the Delphos schools have fallen off as much as they have. Maybe someone like a Wapak assistant can come in and turn things around?
If Wapak's coaches are all so incredible, why are you trying to pawn them off to every area school with an opening??

Jefferson did almost get Kyle Harmon when he was at Wapak. Now he's gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio
I don't think Harmon was ever interested in the Delphos job. If he was, he would have gotten it, especially before the 2018 season.

Harmon seems like he will be a very good coach in the long run for Elida, hometown graduate that is committed long term, but to say he's "gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio" after 1 6-3 season with no league title and no playoff wins is quite a stretch.

I don't think Harmon was ever interested in the Delphos job. If he was, he would have gotten it, especially before the 2018 season.

Harmon seems like he will be a very good coach in the long run for Elida, hometown graduate that is committed long term, but to say he's "gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio" after 1 6-3 season with no league title and no playoff wins is quite a stretch.
FootballFan20 doesn't listen to reason and his whole Wapak shtick is getting old already.

If they had a teaching job he would have taken it

They did, they’ve hired several new teacher coaches in the last few years including Taviano for a year
My understanding was that he accepted the job pending a physical education teaching position at the hs that didn't pan out. Delphos schools have all kinds of financial issues they aren't creating positions for coaches

My understanding was that he accepted the job pending a physical education teaching position at the hs that didn't pan out. Delphos schools have all kinds of financial issues they aren't creating positions for coaches
Which is a shame because if they want to run a real program they should consult Wapak on how it's done.

Jefferson did almost get Kyle Harmon when he was at Wapak. Now he's gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio
Is this Kyle Harmon himself? Didn't Elida lose to a 4-5 Monroe team in the playoffs? Then turned around and beat two teams that had a combined record of 4-14 by a total of 15 points? Slow down slappy.

He did dodge a bullet on the Delphos Jefferson job though and is doing a solid job at Elida.

Is this Kyle Harmon himself? Didn't Elida lose to a 4-5 Monroe team in the playoffs? Then turned around and beat two teams that had a combined record of 4-14 by a total of 15 points? Slow down slappy.

He did dodge a bullet on the Delphos Jefferson job though and is doing a solid job at Elida.
No, just some annoying anonymous troll likely trying to make Wapak fans look bad

Last I heard was the OHSAA job posting page, it said applications taken until January 8th.

For that matter, Wayne Trace was taking them until the 14th and I haven't heard anything.

All three have boys soccer yes BUT Ada's enrollment has been fairly stable the last two decades while Bluffton has lost almost 20% of their enrollment and CR has lost close to HALF!!! At the end of the 90s CR had almost 300 kids in 9-12 now they're struggling to stay above 150 in the high school. Bluffton isn't that bad but Bluffton had soccer back in the 90s when Pirate football was on top and no on seemed to mind. I'm sure both schools are spreading their populations thin but difficult to blame Football success or lack thereof on Futbol when the community as a whole is dying. No offense to CR but you could cut every fall sport at CR, mandate every male play football and they'd still not be great.
Great means league championships and deep playoff runs. I agree with that. But, if all/most of those soccer players played football CR would be solid middle of the pack and beat upper teams occasionally. Potential to make playoffs since it is expanded. Only have to win 5 or 6 games.

BUT if you want a non-football answer, CR's district wide enrollment is now 53% of what it was 20 years ago. Funding aside how many programs dry up simply because there are not any bodies left to offer those programs for? Provided Yappi exists still in another 20 years we should revisit the why CR/Bluffton should merge with Allen East thread.
CR has a fairly new bulding for 7-12, so as long as levies pass, that school will be around.

Great means league championships and deep playoff runs. I agree with that. But, if all/most of those soccer players played football CR would be solid middle of the pack and beat upper teams occasionally. Potential to make playoffs since it is expanded. Only have to win 5 or 6 games.

I may have used this on someone else in a prior "argument" BUT the guys I went to school with at Lima Senior who were on the soccer team were not going to make us necessarily better on Friday nights (not that we needed their help in 96 or 97). Outside of kicker / punter it's not like the team striker or goalie was going to be the make or break running back we needed. Was, still am friends with a lot of those guys but god bless em all they didn't play football for a reason.

Now I get it, Lima Senior versus CR is apples to oranges athletically but I tire of this assumption (and it is an assumption IMO) that if we got rid of soccer we'd reach the promise land in football. Like some how hiding away on your soccer team is secretly a D1 QB or D1 free safety. In CR's case maybe there is. But then you have to ask yourself why are they CHOOSING soccer over football at that school. No one is forcing communist kickball on them. Or maybe they are? idk, don't live in the CR district.

Lastly in my professional opinion as a coach of 17 years now, if your lack of success is the result of another sport at your school then shame on you as a coach. Case in point. Couple years ago I had a XC coach who badgered me daily as to whether or not some of my female swimmers could also do XC at the same time as swimming (swimming in South Carolina is in the fall). I in so many words told him if you need my girls to score points for you at XC meets then brother we got bigger problems inside the XC program. If your team is so bad that you need athletes who swim rather than run and those athletes would be better than the athletes you see and coach every day then something else is at play in your program.

If I'm the soccer coach at CR it's not my fault the football team is bad or at any other school for that matter.

I may have used this on someone else in a prior "argument" BUT the guys I went to school with at Lima Senior who were on the soccer team were not going to make us necessarily better on Friday nights (not that we needed their help in 96 or 97). Outside of kicker / punter it's not like the team striker or goalie was going to be the make or break running back we needed. Was, still am friends with a lot of those guys but god bless em all they didn't play football for a reason.

Now I get it, Lima Senior versus CR is apples to oranges athletically but I tire of this assumption (and it is an assumption IMO) that if we got rid of soccer we'd reach the promise land in football. Like some how hiding away on your soccer team is secretly a D1 QB or D1 free safety. In CR's case maybe there is. But then you have to ask yourself why are they CHOOSING soccer over football at that school. No one is forcing communist kickball on them. Or maybe they are? idk, don't live in the CR district.

Lastly in my professional opinion as a coach of 17 years now, if your lack of success is the result of another sport at your school then shame on you as a coach. Case in point. Couple years ago I had a XC coach who badgered me daily as to whether or not some of my female swimmers could also do XC at the same time as swimming (swimming in South Carolina is in the fall). I in so many words told him if you need my girls to score points for you at XC meets then brother we got bigger problems inside the XC program. If your team is so bad that you need athletes who swim rather than run and those athletes would be better than the athletes you see and coach every day then something else is at play in your program.

If I'm the soccer coach at CR it's not my fault the football team is bad or at any other school for that matter.
Since CR and other Div 7 schools have so few boys to choose from for football, then it immediately becomes a numbers game.It takes 14-15 great to decent athletes playing football to compete in the BVC. CR has 57 total boys in the high school. You explain to me how a school that size can support two sports. I have been around the BVC for about 25 years and I am 100% certain that CR would average 4-7 wins a year if football was the only fall sport. [They cannot compete against the best 2-3 teams in the league] Not trying to slight soccer at all, just a fact.

I'll say this much about a soccer program taking away from a football team. When I was in school at Ottawa Hills, we definitely could have used the soccer guys on the perimeter. Whether they were corners, wideouts, safeties, etc., we just needed athletes. And unfortunately, it's one of the (many) reasons why the football program at OH will not go toe-to-toe with the better schools in the area. Of course, I'm not discounting what the soccer team has done in the last 15 years. Incredible run. But to have some of those guys on friday nights would have been big. So I get why some folks think having them for the sheer speed wouldn't hurt.

Your wrong about soccer players not being able to out a football team. Many would make good DB or WR. There are some that would make nice TE, RB or LB. You need to keep in mind if they were football players most likely they would change there body to fit the sport with more weight training and diet changes if some added weight would help them in football.

You also have to remember that if there is no soccer team, maybe those kids play football their whole life and lift more seriously. Do that for 4 years and you are a whole different kid physically.