UC Bearcats

I agree. That’s was why I was surprised he was mentioned in the top 10 on the site I viewed. However I think there is a big drop off after the first 5 or 6.

A lot of years, 10 QBs aren't even drafted. This year is a bit crazy with 5 or 6 guys possibly going in the first round alone.

Mond is projected to be about a 4th or 5th round pick, I can't imagine Ridder being much different. If he improves his technique and decision-making, maybe he can be a 2nd day pick next year

I agree. That’s was why I was surprised he was mentioned in the top 10 on the site I viewed. However I think there is a big drop off after the first 5 or 6.
Yeah, Top Ten sounds great an all, but last year I believe 13 were taken in the whole draft.
11 in 2019, and so on.
Hell, Brady was a 6th round pick and the 7th QB taken.

So yeah, Top Ten sounds a lot better than it really is for QB's.
Other positions being the tenth best is not too shabby, not QBs tho...

Sounds like Freeman is off to LSU.
Hope that's not the case, but completely understandable if so. Heard a lot of people say Freeman would be wise to go to a P5 and be a DC at an LSU, a Texas, a Notre Dame, etc. Would elevate his name into potentially latching onto a P5 or premiere G5 job as his first HC gig.

Sounds like a lot of the team is coming back next year - Deblanko, Sanders, Bryant in addition to Ridder. Maybe they keep him at UC for one more ride with them?

A lot of years, 10 QBs aren't even drafted. This year is a bit crazy with 5 or 6 guys possibly going in the first round alone.

Mond is projected to be about a 4th or 5th round pick, I can't imagine Ridder being much different. If he improves his technique and decision-making, maybe he can be a 2nd day pick next year
The same site I mentioned had Mond like at 12-13 I believe.

Scratch that - Freeman has chosen ND over LSU. From a recruiting/job security stand point I think this makes more sense than LSU.

This evening the Domers announced Freeman as their new DC and LBs coach... besides the cash, probably a good move for him to set the table for a good first HC job in 2-3 years at a higher end G5 school.

Big win for ND. IDK how long he’ll be around, probably no more than 2 yrs, but a huge win after losing such a great DC

The loss of Freeman is tough, but I think a lot of his success has a lot to do with Fickell. I do think Fickell will be able to get a good guy to replace him. He knows what he wants and will go out and get the guy that fits. If Cincy can beat ND and Indiana, and go undefeated in the AAC, which will be really tough to do, then they will have a shot at the CFP if ND ends up like 8-3 and Indiana has a similar year to this one and the AAC has a banner year against the P5. Now conference champions is huge, but the PAC 12 is awful and has been awful. There will probably be a one or two loss champion there. I wonder if Oregon plays North Dakota State next year. If they do, they will lose but still win the PAC 12 and be out of any playoff contention. The BIG may or may not be dominated by tOSU. We would all have to say they will. If it's not tOSU, then it has to be a big program like PSU or UM. If for some reason NW or Indiana comes up and wins the BIG, Cincy could be taken over those schools especially if they beat Indiana. I'm actually worried about Indiana more than ND because the Indiana coach is better than Kelly. It will take a lot of scenarios to get Cincy in, but at one time there was a school named Miami who no body took seriously.

Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt and announces Phil Fullmer to retire today>

It looks like the DC they just hired, Kevin Steele, has the inside track to the gig but this is Tennessee so if the boosters are not happy with this track they will look elsewhere. Hearing this may be a landing spot for Fickel, something to at least keep an eye on for Bearcat fans...

I'd be shocked if Fickell left for Tennessee. The Athletic reporting Coastal Carolina and Louisiana HCs are both options.

Tennessee does go the AAC route for their new coach but it was UCF that got raided:

The Vols started out with their sites on throwing big $s at B1G coaches, James Franklin & PJ Fleck, but that was a total non-starter. Then they moved down to the hot Group of 5 names, SMU's Sonny Dykes & Buffalo's Lance Leipold, but both took a pass. Even Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott had no interest in the gig. Vol fans have easily moved into the most delusional fan base in NCAA football. Good luck filling up those 100,000 seats in Neyland the next few years.

Tennessee does go the AAC route for their new coach but it was UCF that got raided:

The Vols started out with their sites on throwing big $s at B1G coaches, James Franklin & PJ Fleck, but that was a total non-starter. Then they moved down to the hot Group of 5 names, SMU's Sonny Dykes & Buffalo's Lance Leipold, but both took a pass. Even Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott had no interest in the gig. Vol fans have easily moved into the most delusional fan base in NCAA football. Good luck filling up those 100,000 seats in Neyland the next few years.

My favorite part of this whole thing is Tennessee hiring Kevin Steele two weeks ago to be a defensive assistant. Now have to pay him a $900,000 buyout after Josh Heupel brought his staff with him. They knew there was an investigation going on and let the hire go through....

If you reverse Heupel's year-by-year results, this was a damn good hire for Tennessee.

6-4
10-3
12-1

Look at that progress!

Tennessee and their fans deserve all of this for the Schiano debacle alone.

UCF expected to announce Gus Malzahn as head coach today. That would be a great hire and a definite step up from Heupel. Thought he did well at Auburn considering he had to play Saban, Georgia, LSU, and A&M every year. Dabo is the only other coach who was able to beat Saban on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
UCF expected to announce Gus Malzahn as head coach today. That would be a great hire and a definite step up from Heupel. Thought he did well at Auburn considering he had to play Saban, Georgia, LSU, and A&M every year. Dabo is the only other coach who was able to beat Saban on a consistent basis.
Yeah, feels like UCF won that exchange. However, after a few successful years, Mahlzhan will be ready to bolt for the P5.