MAC 2020

Toledo was ahead 80-70. Marreon Jackson 2-16 and 0-8 or some such. OT at 80's. Jackson goes off for `14. smh. UT with the win.

Toledo's OOC holding up pretty good. Three teams they lost to have only two losses combined. Two of those were close losses. Michigan out musceled them at every position. Beat Valpo today. Valpo not the best team but they play and the score differential was largest on their schedule.

They remain very vulnerable to anyone with a legit Center and to streaky shooting.

Impressive that Buffalo took Syracuse to OT.

Akron lighting up Ohio from 3 right now. Bobcats struggling big-time. Clearly still a young team...

That Akron thumping of OU was a little bit of a shocker given Akron's late start and their early struggles.

The conference is already having to move stuff around for Covid. Kent and Buffalo struggling with it. Akron played Malone as a substitute for Kent and now plays CMU as a replacement for Buffalo.

Ohio was supposed to play Miami tomorrow but that got cancelled. The MAC moved up the Ohio/BG matchup that was scheduled for early March to today. BG beat Ohio after Bobcats led early. Ohio didn't look bad without Preston. He has leg injury, no indication it's serious.

Last edited:
So Akron was to play KSU on the 19th and it was cancelled due to KSU's Covid situation. They were to play Buffalo on January 1st and that was cancelled with a replacement of CMU to play Akron.. Today CMU was replaced by KSU. What a damn mess.

Ryan Rollins with 20 against WooMoo. Season stats 14pt, 4rbs. Who are the other good freshmen in the conference?

Ryan Rollins with 20 against WooMoo. Season stats 14pt, 4rbs. Who are the other good freshmen in the conference?

Mark Sears is a freshman PG for Ohio. Preston is out right now with a leg injury. Sears started against Ball State and was a big reason reason Ohio won. 18 points, 8 boards, 7 assists. Hopefully he can be valuable bench contributor down the stretch for Ohio when Preston returns

Mark Sears is a freshman PG for Ohio. Preston is out right now with a leg injury. Sears started against Ball State and was a big reason reason Ohio won. 18 points, 8 boards, 7 assists. Hopefully he can be valuable bench contributor down the stretch for Ohio when Preston returns

Looking at his bio on Ohio's website, that's a pretty good recruit to be keeping on the bench. Rollins with two experienced senior guards is getting 30 minutes a game. Sears just 15, 4th in the guard rotation. Seem odd to you?

Sears: 6-8. 2-3, 6-6, 3rbs, 5asst, only one TO playing most of the game in foul trouble. Yikes. How do you play him when Preston returns?

Seems like when CBS bought part of the MAC television rights from ESPN, they only wanted Ohio University

The MAC is like a trading card whose value goes up and down. I miss the old days, I'd turn on the local channel with local announcers and watch my 26 line raster scan B&W TV. Oh wait, no I don't.

EMU-Toledo was a good back and forth until late in the first half and UToledo hit three deep threes in a row. Never looked back. Having Seniors in key positions has been a blessing but unusual depth took a hit with injuries to their only real tall, Edu and then losing a good Freshmen that gave 10-15 minutes in Jameer Hill. Seems everytime Toledo has the over the hump line-up that might make the tourney, they get injured at a top spot.

The MAC is like a trading card whose value goes up and down. I miss the old days, I'd turn on the local channel with local announcers and watch my 26 line raster scan B&W TV. Oh wait, no I don't.

EMU-Toledo was a good back and forth until late in the first half and UToledo hit three deep threes in a row. Never looked back. Having Seniors in key positions has been a blessing but unusual depth took a hit with injuries to their only real tall, Edu and then losing a good Freshmen that gave 10-15 minutes in Jameer Hill. Seems everytime Toledo has the over the hump line-up that might make the tourney, they get injured at a top spot.
I get OU is the biggest draw in the MAC. Sucks most of Athens county has Nelsonville Cable which doesn’t have CBS Sports. We all just bought ESPN Plus for no reason

Akron took its second big slimy dump in a week falling to awful NIU after dropping one over the weekend to the less than stellar EMU. Their reward is a probable whoopin' by Toledo this Saturday. Akron thumped OU and beat Kent then fell to those teams.

Hard team to get a feel for. They lost some key components from last year but returned some decent talent including the MAC POY and added transfers from Iowa, Wake Forest, St. John's and a JUCO that started his college career at Wisconsin. Right now they can't get out of their own way.

On the UT board, we're having the discussion on how to handle end of game.

Toledo was up 3. Akron had the ball with 12 seconds in their court. Toledo left the 3 undefended.

At end of OT, Toledo was up 2. Akron had the ball in their court with 4 seconds to go. Toledo left the 3 undefended. A poster reported that Coach actually said he thought his D was good at the end of regulation and OT.

End of OT wasn't actually a buzzer beater. Toledo had a few seconds, enough to get off a long in-bounds just past half court and a long shot off the back of the rim.

Akron with an interesting tactic. Beat everyone above them in the standings and lose to everyone below them.

Regardless Toledo's record, they've not won the toughest teams in the conference. This smells to be Akron or Kent's.

Akron with an interesting tactic. Beat everyone above them in the standings and lose to everyone below them.

Regardless Toledo's record, they've not won the toughest teams in the conference. This smells to be Akron or Kent's.

Tough one to figure this year. Akron seems to be rolling. BG loses to Akron then got absolutely peeled by Miami. Toledo has a lot of talent. Kent blew a huge lead to Buffalo and then came back from 6 down with 2 minutes left.

In the Akron/Toledo game, the shot that took them to OT was from the right corner. Jackson was on the right wing and penetrated enough to draw the defender who was on the guy in the corner, Jackson then dished it and Ali made the shot. In OT, Jackson penetrated the lane and kicked to Dailey on the left wing. If I recall correctly, they put time back on and it ended up at 2.9 seconds. Toledo ran an absolutely horrible play where they just lobbed the ball 2/3rds of the floor to the top of the 3 point line where it got beat around and someone hoisted an off balance nearly half court prayer.

Toledo has the edge now on Kent. Looks to be Akron's if the can beat Toledo again and avoid anymore brain fart losses. I did notive that the Toledo coach had his kids foul this time they were up 3 with only few second left. If he'd thought of that in the Akron game. Toledo would be up three games.

BG/Kent tonight should be interesting.

I think OU will still find its way. They're just having trouble coming up to speed but with Preston, VanderPlas and Wilson, and a good coach in Boals, they have to come around eventually, don't they?