2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'Town216

With the huge announcement regarding VASJ hiring former controversial Euclid coach Jeff Rotsky. Grant it, as expected. VASJ is getting some backlash over the move considering the route they took on firing former basketball coach Babe Kwasniak back in February. Some Alumni including journalist and SJ alum Bob Fortuna has been vocal about Rotsky being brought in. From this move, it seems to me VASJ wants to get the football program back up and competing at a high level. Despite Rotsky’s flaws, he is known as a proven winner, a championship coach? Not quite. Although I’m convinced he won’t be at VASJ 6-10 years for now, my hope is that this program is back up and competing year in and year out against their new conference rivals such as Lake Catholic, NDCL, Walsh Jesuit, and Padua and making deep runs in the playoffs. I won’t be shocked to see several kids from Euclid transfer over in the coming months to play, which would bolster the roster significantly. Any who, despite it being late December, my next post I will post a recap of the memorable (for the wrong reasons) 2020 season.

The 2020 season was a season that no one will forget, in what was supposed to be a competitive team, they looked very overmatched in every game played except for games against Garfield and Fairless. VASJ led by Elvis Grbac went on to finish a measly 1-7 season. Going winless in the regular season. Here is how the schedule unfolded:

HC Elvis Grbac ‘88
2019 season: 6-4
2020 season: 1-7
Total: 7-11

Week 1: @ Garfield: L 34-35
Week 2: vs Lake Catholic: L 0-28
Week 3: @ Chagrin Falls: L 24-14
Week 4: vs Walsh Jesuit: L 6-56
Week 5: @ Padua: L 0-33
Week 6: @ NDCL: L 14-41
OHSAA D-IV Playoffs Rd 1: @ Fairless: W 28-17
OHSAA D-IV Playoffs Rd 2: @ Ursuline: L 21-47

2021 Season Outlook and Schedule:

Coach: Jeff Rotsky
Home Field: Sparky DiBiasio Stadium Euclid, OH
Conf: Crown Conference
* Schedule Subject to Change and not final

Week 1: 8/20 vs CVCA 7pm DiBiasio Stadium
Week 2: 8/28 @ Holy Name 7pm Serpentini Stadium
Week 3: 9/3 @ Lakeside 7pm LHS Stadium
Week 4: 9/10 @ Wheeling Park (WV)
Week 5: 9/17-18 vs CLE Central Catholic 7pm DiBiasio Stadium
Week 6: *9/24 @ Walsh Jesuit 7pm WJHS Stadium
Week 7: *10/1 vs Lake Catholic 7pm DiBiasio Stadium
Week 8: 10/8 @ Linesville Conneaut Area (PA) 7pm
Week 9: *10/15 @ NDCL 7pm Lions Stadium
Week 10: *10/22 vs Padua 7pm DiBiasio Stadium

According to Arbiter Live

Last edited:
2021 Season Outlook and Schedule:

Coach: Jeff Rotsky
Home Field: Sparky DiBiasio Stadium Euclid, OH
Conf: Crown Conference
* Schedule Subject to Change and not final

Week 1: 8/20 vs CVCA 7pm DiBiasio Stadium
Week 2: 8/28 @ Holy Name 7pm Serpentini Stadium
Week 3: 9/3 @ Lakeside 7pm LHS Stadium
Week 4: Open
Week 5: Open
Week 6: *9/24 @ Walsh Jesuit 7pm WJHS Stadium
Week 7: *10/1 vs Lake Catholic 7pm DiBiasio Stadium
Week 8: Open
Week 9: *10/15 @ NDCL 7pm Lions Stadium
Week 10: *10/22 vs Padua 7pm DiBiasio Stadium
Week 5 is Home against Lutheran East.

Rotsky won a State Championship at Chanel in 1999 or 2000 didn’t he?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Bill Powers became the HC, that is the main reason they won a title, he was smart enough and did not let his ego stand in the way of putting the pieces in the right places to win as a "team"!, jr would not have done it.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Bill Powers became the HC, that is the main reason they won a title, he was smart enough and did not let his ego stand in the way of putting the pieces in the right places to win as a "team"!, jr would not have done it.

Yes but without Rotsky getting those pieces in place there is no way they come close to the title. He went 4-6 two years later, after most of Rotsky’s talent was gone, it is clear that it’s personal for you but you can’t deny that Rotsky was a huge reason for that title, and Powers did a good job, but a lot of coaches would have won a Title in that division with the talent Rotsky brought in

Yes but without Rotsky getting those pieces in place there is no way they come close to the title. He went 4-6 two years later, after most of Rotsky’s talent was gone, it is clear that it’s personal for you but you can’t deny that Rotsky was a huge reason for that title, and Powers did a good job, but a lot of coaches would have won a Title in that division with the talent Rotsky brought in
Actually the 99 group 2000 group were already at Chanel recruited but former Ben Batton and the wrestling program. Not being able to coach talent is a waste as you have seen. Bam Childress and hos class were already freshman at Chanel when JR was hired, so he didn't bring any of that talent in, inspite of trying to take credit for them, fact!

Yes it is personal for this poster . He can't help his RDS..................Rotsky Derangement Syndrome.

Actually the 99 group 2000 group were already at Chanel recruited but former Ben Batton and the wrestling program. Not being able to coach talent is a waste as you have seen. Bam Childress and hos class were already freshman at Chanel when JR was hired, so he didn't bring any of that talent in, inspite of trying to take credit for them, fact!
Obsession with Rotsky.....Exibit 1 your honor.

Were is your proof that I'm wrong on my facts Jack!
Jr hired Mar/april 1997, Bam, Cargile, Smith, Harrell all graduated 2000, please explain how he recruited them?? They started in school in fall of 96!!!
Are you a Common Core math major?
Hello!!!!!
Terry, Zuranec, Hogginboom's, Walker, Jaggars were all in the wresting recuiting class.

Jr hired Mar/april 1997, Bam, Cargile, Smith, Harrell all graduated 2000, please explain how he recruited them?? They started in school in fall of 96!!!
Hello!!!!!
Terry, Zuranec, Hogginboom's, Walker, Jaggars were all in the wresting recuiting class.
No one said anything about your timeline or facts. Just that you are deranged with RDS. Happy New Year and please get help.:cool:

No one said anything about your timeline or facts. Just that you are deranged with RDS. Happy New Year and please get help.:cool:
"

"No one said anything about your timeline or facts."

My post was in reference to this, so I stand by it!
GCCfan said:
Yes but without Rotsky getting those pieces in place there is no way they come close to the title. He went 4-6 two years later, after most of Rotsky’s talent was gone, it is clear that it’s personal for you but you can’t deny that Rotsky was a huge reason for that title, and Powers did a good job, but a lot of coaches would have won a Title in that division with the talent Rotsky brought in"

That is what I replied to. If factual corrections make me deranged that's a good thing!

"

"No one said anything about your timeline or facts."

My post was in reference to this, so I stand by it!
GCCfan said:
Yes but without Rotsky getting those pieces in place there is no way they come close to the title. He went 4-6 two years later, after most of Rotsky’s talent was gone, it is clear that it’s personal for you but you can’t deny that Rotsky was a huge reason for that title, and Powers did a good job, but a lot of coaches would have won a Title in that division with the talent Rotsky brought in"

That is what I replied to. If factual corrections make me deranged that's a good thing!
No, factual corrections are a good thing. But not when mixed with obvious need to downgrade this coach. This is deeply personal to you and I'm not sure why.

Hello!!!!!
I was referencing the state title team that won the title in 2001, the seniors and juniors who would have been there after all those guys you mentioned. Simply stating if Rotsky wasn’t there they wouldn’t have won the state championship. What I find amazing is that a coach came into a school with a 48-game losing streak and then a school with a 20 game losing streak and completely turned them into consistent winners and you want to accredit it to other circumstances.

I was referencing the state title team that won the title in 2001, the seniors and juniors who would have been there after all those guys you mentioned. Simply stating if Rotsky wasn’t there they wouldn’t have won the state championship. What I find amazing is that a coach came into a school with a 48-game losing streak and then a school with a 20 game losing streak and completely turned them into consistent winners and you want to accredit it to other circumstances.
THe pieces were there to build on, a better coach would have won 2 titles prior to Powers taking over and maybe 3 in a row with a Powers type coach. When they hired JR they took him over a former hs & college coach that was on the browns staff with Belechik?? That would have be the better path for the school

Status
Not open for further replies.