Brush leaving WRC

so you down play their title because it's D3 but you also want them to play Mentor? Makes sense ?
So you yell at me for answering direct quotes from posters in here yet come in here to flame off topic right after ? Sure buddy.

I said multiple times I don't rip them for not playing mentor now . I was saying they don't play anyone anytime because they don't.

When do they even play schools like lake Catholic?

So you yell at me for answering direct quotes from posters in here yet come in here to flame off topic right after ? Sure buddy.

I said multiple times I don't rip them for not playing mentor now . I was saying they don't play anyone anytime because they don't.

When do they even play schools like lake Catholic?
You're the one that brought all mighty Mentor into this thread. You brought up the whole "scheduling up" thing. No one said the name Mentor before you came in talking crap. Or can you not see that from your 0 state title castle you guys like to live in?

You're the one that brought all mighty Mentor into this thread. You brought up the whole "scheduling up" thing. No one said the name Mentor before you came in talking crap. Or can you not see that from your 0 state title castle you guys like to live in?
I answered direct statements or quotes the whole thread. Yeah some went off topic but notice you don't rip the other side. Which was the stuff I was answering ...

Our state title case isn't empty. Just none in football. But congrats on your past ones 20 or 30 years ago. If you even went there.

Riverside guy said they play anyone anytime. He's done that plenty before. It's just false

I never said anything about Lake Catholic. They have nothing to do with this thread (cough cough).

You can keep saying you're responding to posts but YOU brought up Mentor. No one else did.

I never said anything about Lake Catholic. They have nothing to do with this thread (cough cough).

You can keep saying you're responding to posts but YOU brought up Mentor. No one else did.
Yet you are going off topic here right after saying I was doing so. At least I was answering quoted stuff. You came out of nowhere in here. Did you even go to lake Catholic ?

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand:

Even though they're a private school that has never been in a conference, I could see University School being a decent fit, competition and geographic-wise. They're relatively close to Willoughby South (18 minutes), Mayfield (11 minutes), and Kenston (20 minutes), and their furthest trip would be 40 minutes. They are anywhere from Division II to Division III football wise as far as enrollment goes, and could hold their own in basketball.

I think that the WRC should try to reach out to US and see if they're interested, as I don't think the Preppers have ever been in a conference for sports. And they would be a great fit IMO. Even better than Solon.

If not them, I could see Orange possibly join the WRC, if they started to increase in enrollment, and their teams started to improve over the years. Until 2012, they were a Division III team. They're a good fit geographically, and could make some noise in basketball. However, I can't see them hanging with the likes of Kenston, Mayfield, and Chardon, unless they get a really good class coming in. Also, I they've been with the Chagrin Valley Conference for a while, and I don't know if they would jump ship.

What do you guys think of US and/or Orange?

Even though they're a private school that has never been in a conference, I could see University School being a decent fit, competition and geographic-wise. They're relatively close to Willoughby South (18 minutes), Mayfield (11 minutes), and Kenston (20 minutes), and their furthest trip would be 40 minutes. They are anywhere from Division II to Division III football wise as far as enrollment goes, and could hold their own in basketball.

I think that the WRC should try to reach out to US and see if they're interested, as I don't think the Preppers have ever been in a conference for sports. And they would be a great fit IMO. Even better than Solon.

If not them, I could see Orange possibly join the WRC, if they started to increase in enrollment, and their teams started to improve over the years. Until 2012, they were a Division III team. They're a good fit geographically, and could make some noise in basketball. However, I can't see them hanging with the likes of Kenston, Mayfield, and Chardon, unless they get a really good class coming in. Also, I they've been with the Chagrin Valley Conference for a while, and I don't know if they would jump ship.

U.S. was in the PAC with most of the current WRC for a few years (maybe 2011-2014?). They were left out of the WRC for some reason. Not sure why. But they would be a good fit in every way other than competitively. They’d probably be similar to Brush in that regard.

Yes in D3 they do. Really want to equate that to winning d1. And we know your lake Catholic guys won 20 and 30 years ago too.
Hey uh did I mention Chardon beat the brakes off of Mentor back in August? Forget it Mentor just focus on changing your school colors to silver so as to match all of your runner up medals.

Hey uh did I mention Chardon beat the brakes off of Mentor back in August? Forget it Mentor just focus on changing your school colors to silver so as to match all of your runner up medals.
They won 14-7 with our QB and other starters out in a scrimmage lol.

Yeah we can't cheat like dirty eds recruiting all over and getting all those non catholics to fill out your squads. We do pretty well though vs eds as a whole. Many good victories over the biggest scumbag school in ohio ?

Also 10 years ago eds was the 4 time state runner up with no titles. You never know what will happen. We wont ever win in bunches like eds cuz the system is tailored for recruiter schools like them to win. But luckily I don't get my prestige in life by if my high school wins titles while I watch from the stands or on tv

Last edited:
U.S. was in the PAC with most of the current WRC for a few years (maybe 2011-2014?). They were left out of the WRC for some reason. Not sure why. But they would be a good fit in every way other than competitively. They’d probably be similar to Brush in that regard.
I wonder if theyd want back in

I do not see either as an option for the WRC. Is enrollment increasing at Orange? I know they were D3 for awhile, but are actually D4 now. The WRC is a football conference and Orange does not have the football program to compete. For US, I’ve read articles that say they prefer to be independent especially for non-revenue sports which they compete at a high level. They were a member of the PAC for the convenience of scheduling, but as mentioned before they were left out of the WRC. I don’t believe they will be a school the WRC is targeting to join

Brush wont join the LEL because the basketball team would not be able to beat up on undersized white teams. They would be tested - God knows that is not what they want. It's easier to be independent so you can hand pick your opponents. The current conference did nothing more then pad their win totals and only prepared them for their yearly kicking at the hands of Mentor.

Maybe off topic but when was the last time Mentor and Mentor Lake Catholic played?? Was was the all time series record?

Maybe off topic but when was the last time Mentor and Mentor Lake Catholic played?? Was was the all time series record?
99 or 2000. Lake won 4 of 5. No point in playing it now. We play eds or Ignatius now instead. The schools aren't on equal level in football now.

I get Perry not wanting to leave the cvc but I personally have liked their games with riverside and chardon and such over the years. But a conference isn't only football as I've said so the cvc seems to be a better fit

I agree with cardz that there is no ideal fit and they coudl very well be at 7 a little while

I think travel would be easier in the WRC for Aurora by staying on the east side and just heading north vs commuting into or through the major metro areas of Akron/Cleveland. It would actually be very similar to their travel when they were part of the CVC until they were booted. Kenston is right next door and is a big rivalry. The larger schools in the WRC are aging communities, so the enrollment gap will continue to narrow.

I think Solon and Nordonia both could be possible options, especially if the WRC will consider adding more than one school. Also, I know Euclid is larger than all the schools in the WRC, but geographically they are convenient as a straight shot down I-90 for most.

The more I think about this, Euclid is actually pretty intriguing. Rotsky is no longer at the helm for football, so I expect they’ll trend back down to where they were before he got there. They have great facilities, they are a great fit with the western side of the league and have some history with a lot of those schools going back to the old GCC days. Plus, I’m thinking they’re seeing the writing on the wall of all the other schools in the current GCC applying to other leagues, and they might try to get a head start.

The more I think about this, Euclid is actually pretty intriguing. Rotsky is no longer at the helm for football, so I expect they’ll trend back down to where they were before he got there. They have great facilities, they are a great fit with the western side of the league and have some history with a lot of those schools going back to the old GCC days. Plus, I’m thinking they’re seeing the writing on the wall of all the other schools in the current GCC applying to other leagues, and they might try to get a head start.
The LEL makes a lot more sense for Euclid if they want to leave the gcc

Out of the box, but if VASJ becomes competitive and increases their CB number enough to bump to D3, they could be a nice fit.

The only thing that makes me seriously not consider Euclid is the description of an ideal school the WRC described in their email. They listed academics and performing arts first. Inter scholastics sports last. As much as Euclid fits the bill geographically, they don’t quite check the other marks. That’s a big reason I think Aurora and Solon will be invited by the WRC. Nationally recognized academics and great music programs.

Out of the box, but if VASJ becomes competitive and increases their CB number enough to bump to D3, they could be a nice fit.
I think private schools will be a last resort for the WRC. Let’s see who they extend invites to first before we assume they will be accepting applications.

The only thing that makes me seriously not consider Euclid is the description of an ideal school the WRC described in their email. They listed academics and performing arts first. Inter scholastics sports last. As much as Euclid fits the bill geographically, they don’t quite check the other marks. That’s a big reason I think Aurora and Solon will be invited by the WRC. Nationally recognized academics and great music programs.

I agree it doesn’t seem ideal, but I think at this point they’re gonna have to determine if they want a rock solid seven, or a decent eight. I’m sure they have invites out to teams they want to join, but just because you ask a girl to prom, it doesn’t mean they’re going to say yes. There’s not a perfect marriage that meets the academic/fine art similarities/athletics/geographic fit/desire to move conferences.

Aurora is the ideal fit. Tallmadge and Kent to the Metro Conference then Springfield and Field to the PTC .

Aurora is ideal with the exception of geography. There is a possibility of them wanting to get back with Kenston, but not a sure thing. If that did happen though, the rest of that scenario wouldn’t fall into place. The numbers and the pairings don’t work out.

Aurora is ideal with the exception of geography. There is a possibility of them wanting to get back with Kenston, but not a sure thing. If that did happen though, the rest of that scenario wouldn’t fall into place. The numbers and the pairings don’t work out.
I would argue geography isn’t any worst than the SL or when they were in the CVC. But, you’re spot on with your other comments.

I would argue geography isn’t any worst than the SL or when they were in the CVC. But, you’re spot on with your other comments.

I would CVC was definitely better, with Aurora, Kenston, West G, and Orange all right there. Wickliffe was even closer than pretty much all of the WRC.

With the SL, the distances are not a whole lot different, but they are closer, due to more convenient highway proximity. One thing also to keep in mind, and I know it’s middle school, but the SL middle school conference is split geographically, so Aurora is lumped in with Kent, Twinsburg, Nordonia, Hudson, Stow. I know it’s not a primary issue that schools look at, but when all other factors all the same, I don’t see a lot of incentive for Aurora to leave.

I would CVC was definitely better, with Aurora, Kenston, West G, and Orange all right there. Wickliffe was even closer than pretty much all of the WRC.

With the SL, the distances are not a whole lot different, but they are closer, due to more convenient highway proximity. One thing also to keep in mind, and I know it’s middle school, but the SL middle school conference is split geographically, so Aurora is lumped in with Kent, Twinsburg, Nordonia, Hudson, Stow. I know it’s not a primary issue that schools look at, but when all other factors all the same, I don’t see a lot of incentive for Aurora to leave.
Touché with the middle schools. Regarding commuting in the SL, it’s always easier to commute north vs to the other side of Cleveland/or south. Especially weekdays, traffic is always leaving Cleveland. 77 and 480 are beasts during rush hour,

Touché with the middle schools. Regarding commuting in the SL, it’s always easier to commute north vs to the other side of Cleveland/or south. Especially weekdays, traffic is always leaving Cleveland. 77 and 480 are beasts during rush hour,
I think you guys that are proposing all of these schools are making a huge mistake. The mistake is that you are looking at the schools and seeing what they have to offer the league. To entice them to switch, you need to show the schools the value of the league to them. In other words Aurora has been suggested. While they may fit the league profile, the league may not fit their geographic or cultural profile.
I think you may want to look at a CVC/WRC merger and divide up based on geography, competitiveness, size and traditional rivalries.

I think the WRC can offer Aurora and Solon all of that. Aurora - Kenston, Chardon, and Mayfield rivalries. Solon - Mayfield and Kenston rivalries. Many of the WRC schools meet and exceed expectations in academics and performing arts.