Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) 2020-2021

Findlay's Friday basketball game vs. Central Catholic and hockey vs. St. Francis have been postponed.

Vermilion beats the Little Giants tonight, 65-59.
I think I heard 3-15 from beyond the arc. Of course, Little Giants would have the game of their lives against Norwalk. It sounded like from both broadcast on WFRO, Norwalk was the "barometer." Kept talking about the Program, the legendary Steve Gray, etc.

I was listening to the broadcast as well as watching the game. While yes, Kyle and Joe did mention the Ross win over Norwalk the night before, I don't recall them referring to the Truckers as a barometer. Last night against Vermilion, had the Little Giants shut down the kid who scored 30 points, they would have won. I apologize for not remembering his name, but that boy was on fire.

Screenshot_20201211-111556.png

Looks like Central is playing @ Lutheran East Saturday.

Great program. Beat ASVSM last year who many people felt were the best team in the state.

Does anyone have the schedule/times for the Kewpee Classic at Lima Senior on Sunday, December 20th? So far I’ve seen Lima Senior vs, Shelby, Toledo St. Francis vs. Beavercreek, and Ashland vs. Lima Central Catholic.

Lima Senior with a big win at Thomas Worthington 62-46 tonight. Thomas Worthington was a Central District Champion
last year and returned all 5 starters from that team led by Jalen Sullinger who has committed to D1 Kent State.

Columbus sports writer heaped heavy praise on Lima Sr guard, Jourdyn Rawlins, calling him the best player on the court tonight.
Disrupted the Cardinals the entire game and dished out 10 assists and had several steals. The 5'9'' Rawlins playing beside 5'4'' Khalil Luster, make up for their lack of height with quickness and toughness. Rawlins is the best defensive guard I have seen at Lima Sr, since the days of Travis Walton. Coach Simpson stated at the start of the season that Jourdyn Rawlins has the highest basketball IQ on the team and knows every player's role on the team and prides himself in finding the open man as opposed to scoring. If that isn't enough he is also a 4.0 student in the classroom.

While not saying that the Spartans will go undefeated in TRAC play as they did last year, I do think this 3-0 start gives an indication that the potential is there for another good season. This team should be quite competitive. The biggest challenge this season will simply being able to stay healthy as a team and deal with the scheduling nightmare every other team is also facing in this 2020/21 season. Good luck to Lima Senior the rest of the year. Having been a season ticket holder for 30 years it is really difficult to not be able to see a single game in person this season with the limited seating policy in effect.

JB

Well, if this wasn't an indication how wacky this season can be, Ross' Thursday Night opponent, Vermilion Sailors, lost by 20 to Clyde.

Does anyone have the schedule/times for the Kewpee Classic at Lima Senior on Sunday, December 20th? So far I’ve seen Lima Senior vs, Shelby, Toledo St. Francis vs. Beavercreek, and Ashland vs. Lima Central Catholic.
No, but every time I hear about the Kewpee Classic I get hungry for a burger.

northwest07,

According to today's Lima News the Kewpee Classic scheduled for Sunday December 20 is:

Lima Central Catholic vs. Ashland at 11:30 am

Toledo St. Francis vs. Beavercreek at 3:30 pm

Lima Senior vs "Yet To Be Determined" at 7:30 pm

There are also 3 JV games to be played.

Be aware that in this age of the pandemic, basically every schedule is fluid and subject to change with little
or no notice as we have already seen so far in this brief season to date. The info. I listed above is the most recent I have
heard as of this morning ( 12/12/20 ) . No mention on how ticket sales will be handled or number of attendees allowed.

JB

Lima Senior with a big win at Thomas Worthington 62-46 tonight. Thomas Worthington was a Central District Champion
last year and returned all 5 starters from that team led by Jalen Sullinger who has committed to D1 Kent State.

Columbus sports writer heaped heavy praise on Lima Sr guard, Jourdyn Rawlins, calling him the best player on the court tonight.
Disrupted the Cardinals the entire game and dished out 10 assists and had several steals. The 5'9'' Rawlins playing beside 5'4'' Khalil Luster, make up for their lack of height with quickness and toughness. Rawlins is the best defensive guard I have seen at Lima Sr, since the days of Travis Walton. Coach Simpson stated at the start of the season that Jourdyn Rawlins has the highest basketball IQ on the team and knows every player's role on the team and prides himself in finding the open man as opposed to scoring. If that isn't enough he is also a 4.0 student in the classroom.

While not saying that the Spartans will go undefeated in TRAC play as they did last year, I do think this 3-0 start gives an indication that the potential is there for another good season. This team should be quite competitive. The biggest challenge this season will simply being able to stay healthy as a team and deal with the scheduling nightmare every other team is also facing in this 2020/21 season. Good luck to Lima Senior the rest of the year. Having been a season ticket holder for 30 years it is really difficult to not be able to see a single game in person this season with the limited seating policy in effect.

JB

Lima seems to be doing an excellent job on defense this year. That's always a good sign.

If true this is about as pathetic as it gets. It is either safe or it is not. The lawsuit should be irrelevant to the LCHD decision.

If true then the LCHD just made the case for the schools filing the lawsuit. The fact they are willing to let everyone play if it is dropped tells me they either 1. made the wrong call to begin with or 2. they are not concerned with safety. Either option is not a good look.

Then they want to deflect blame and make it appear that the private school lawsuit is what is stopping the public schools from playing right now. Clown circus.

Good leadership gathers data/information and makes a decision based on that information. They then use that data to defend/support that decision and stick to their guns absent new data that justifies a different/modified approach.

Being wishy washy at every turn doesn't promote trust in a leader's decision making.

Again, I am assuming the information in the tweet has some truth behind it.

Last edited:

If true this is about as pathetic as it gets. It is either safe or it is not. The lawsuit should be irrelevant to the LCHD decision.

If true then the LCHD just made the case for the schools filing the lawsuit. The fact they are willing to let everyone play if it is dropped tells me they either 1. made the wrong call to begin with or 2. they are not concerned with safety. Either option is not a good look.

Then they want to deflect blame and make it appear that the private school lawsuit is what is stopping the public schools from playing right now. Clown circus.

Good leadership gathers data/information and makes a decision based on that information. They then use that data to defend/support that decision and stick to their guns absent new data that justifies a different/modified approach.

Being wishy washy at every turn doesn't promote trust in a leader's decision making.

Again, I am assuming the information in the tweet has some truth behind it.

Guilty conscious of some of the members on the Health Department? I think they realized it was a mistake. Maybe thought other counties would follow suit and it never happened. Sort of like Big 10 Football. Acted too soon and then retracted.

I have talked to multiple sources who believe that

That's an f-in assinine statement. Ok, talk to me. I believe pink elephants will fall from the sky. How about talking to sources that have evidence of... or have heard from the horses mouth that... ? instead of something just meant to get the little boys all hot because they do not know the difference between three opinions from anonymous sources who may have money in the game and substance.

Doesn't have to be or it could be an and.

I am sure they are worried they will lose lawsuit like just happened in San Diego. They shut down outdoor dining restaurants file lawsuit; judge says you can't shut them down and oh by the way restaurants can also open indoor back up.

Didn't the judge already deny the restraining order request from the privates in favor of the health department? Was there another lawsuit? This thing will hopefully be over long before any lawsuit would have time to resolve, what possible motivation would any individual in the health dept have to go against their own professional judgement because of a lawsuit?

All the so-called Catholic schools are doing is showing how much money they have to flex and wasting tax payer money. This was an opportunity to show Christian values of sacrifice and all they have is greed and selfishness.

Suck it up buttercups. Life does not revolve around sports. You will survive and thrive if you get on with that business instead of harming others..

I'd like to reiterate, this thing from.. reporter? blogger?:

I have talked to multiple sources who believe that

Does not look like journalism. It looks like patronage.

Last edited:
All the so-called Catholic schools are doing is showing how much money they have to flex and wasting tax payer money. This was an opportunity to show Christian values of sacrifice and all they have is greed and selfishness.

Of could be they realize that remote "learning" is worthless and they want to do the job they are paid to do and that is educate kids. My guess you don't have a kid that is doing remote "learning" right now or you would better understand the push to get kids back in school.

Lucas county is in the mid 50s out of 88 counties when it comes to per capita Covid rates.

The county did this as a precaution not because they were seeing increased spread as a result of athletics.

Other counties left it up to the individual school districts/schools to determine what is best for their circumstance. Not every district/school is dealing with the same risk.

No one is forced to play. Individual families should be able to determine what level of risk they are willing to take.

Kids who are playing high school sports will take greater precaution to reduce risk of exposure/spread to protect their team/season.

The University of Michigan volleyball team can come down to Lucas county to practice, but high school teams can't practice.

You can go play pickup games with 4 courts and 70+ guys in the gym in Lucas County, but high school teams can't practice.

Last edited:
So deal with the hypocrisies if they have you bothered or deal with your ability to tolerate them? Attempting to overturn the ruling is fair game, I've never said otherwise. But do it based upon health facts, not rumor spreading or attempts to disparage reputations. The latter is not ethical, it doesn't represent the supposed teaching of these institutions. Don't like a rule, eh, others violate it so can we? Come-on...

Of could be they realize that remote "learning" is worthless and they want to do the job they are paid to do and that is educate kids. My guess you don't have a kid that is doing remote "learning" right now or you would better understand the push to get kids back in school.

Is it sacrifice if you don't have a personal stake? You skip that class? lol.

Yes we know the problems with remote learning. EVERYONE is having them. Plan on how to mitigate that. Advance the teaching technology, put in extra time when the extremes relent but please, stop pretending their concern is education, not sport and stop supporting a supposed journalist resorting to innuendo and gossip and supposed Christian schools and people supporting that. That's two hypocrisies way more dangerous than anything Smalls mentioned.

You boneheads were salivating over GOSSIP, not a public twitter from a journalist quoting identified people on their disparaging "belief" so the facts behind those beliefs could be challenged. Gossip. Where are the Christian values in that?

You boneheads were salivating over GOSSIP, not a public twitter from a journalist quoting identified people on their disparaging "belief" so the facts behind those beliefs could be challenged. Gossip. Where are the Christian values in that?

1608316954101.png

I know you are but what am I? I'm rubber and you are glue.........Sticks and stones.......;)

Last edited:

According to two superintendents, Eric J. Zgodzinksi, county health commissioner, told them in a meeting Thursday that he can’t discuss the order or change it because it is under attack from a lawsuit.

“Because they are appealing it, we are being told they cannot make any changes or do anything with the order or discuss it because of the pending appeal,” said Adam Fineske, superintendent of the Ottawa Hills School District.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The order attracted a lawsuit from three religious schools and the conservative nonprofit organization, Citizens for Community Values. The CCV claims that Lucas County is the only county in the state with such a mandatory order.

Aaron Baer, spokesman for the organization, said on Thursday he issued a blistering statement accusing the health board of lying.

“The Health Board is blatantly lying when they claim that our lawsuit is preventing them from rescinding or altering their order. The Health Board has complete authority to let students back in the classroom or on the playing field at any time. If they let students safely resume their activities, the lawsuit goes away,” Mr. Baer said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I pay attention to my prosecutor when he says you need to do x, y and z. We’re a creature of statute and law. If I go against my prosecutor we could run into some serious issues,” Mr. Zgodzinski said. “I never told them we’re going to change the order if the lawsuit’s lifted.

“We’re somewhat frustrated because numbers in other counties are the same and not higher and they are not enforcing the order and allowing student-athletes to practice and play. We’re struggling with that decision because we are doing, I’m confident, a great job of following the guidelines of keeping our kids safe in our schools and our gyms and swimming pools,” Mr. Fineske said.

Last edited: