Jim Harbaugh

Gary Moeller was a captain at Ohio State. The fans aren't going to give a crap about a coach having Ohio State connections if they win.

It is cold and dreary up there, but begrudgingly I have to admit Ann Arbor is one of the best college towns in the country and probably the best in the Big Ten. There is a lot besides football up there to sell and to sway recruits.
Ann Arbor is a whore.

Many beautiful buildings, fraternity and sorority houses. Just too liberal but ALL colleges are today including Ohio State.

can you name the two guys in my avatar?

Good luck with that. Ohio isn’t producing enough blue chippers for the Buckeyes, as it is. I believe only 3 of 22 OSU starters against Rutgers were from Ohio high schools.
A lot of it is everything in the game today is speed and quickness which cuts down on the number of recruits taken from lumbering B1G country.

Rumbles of a massive exodus of transfers are growing, including a few talented younger players with impact potential. I think this ship has pretty much run its course. Much like when he was with the 49ers, the Harbaugh act seems to be wearing thin on many of his players. Like in San Francisco when they averaged out and stopped winning at a high level, the Harbaugh act wears out quickly when you're losing. It's hard to see the situation improving much up there without him being shown the door.

Rumbles of a massive exodus of transfers are growing, including a few talented younger players with impact potential. I think this ship has pretty much run its course. Much like when he was with the 49ers, the Harbaugh act seems to be wearing thin on many of his players. Like in San Francisco when they averaged out and stopped winning at a high level, the Harbaugh act wears out quickly when you're losing. It's hard to see the situation improving much up there without him being shown the door.
This is more likely to force JH to be terminated than his actual W/L record. Does anyone think the players believe in JH like Indiana's players believe in Tom Allen (or vice versa)?

This is more likely to force JH to be terminated than his actual W/L record. Does anyone think the players believe in JH like Indiana's players believe in Tom Allen (or vice versa)?

I'd imagine at this point it's probably near the polar opposite of IU's team belief in Tom Allen.

Somebody like Zach Charbonnet has to be headed out the door. After the production that he put up as a freshman averaging about 5 ypc, it's absolutely nuts that he had only 25 total offensive touches this year. There are a number of those instances where it seems their personnel is poorly utilized or poorly coached up.

I predict he wont be at Indiana much longer.

Many beautiful buildings, fraternity and sorority houses. Just too liberal but ALL colleges are today including Ohio State.

can you name the two guys in my avatar?
Guy on the right is the great Middletown Middie Jerry Lucas. Not sure about the guy on the left.

Sure. Doesn't mean the next guy is going to do it any better.
It doesn't guarantee it but.

The records at Ohio State
Woody Hayes was 205 - 61 - 10
Earl Bruce was 81 - 26 - 1
John Cooper was 111 - 43 - 1
Jim Tressel was 106 - 22
Urban Meyer was 61 - 6
Ryan Day is 21 - 1

Jim Harbaugh is 49 - 22
Brady Hoke was 31 - 20
Rich Rodriguez was 15 - 22
Lloyd Carr was 122 - 40
Gary Moeller was 44 - 13 - 3
Bo Schembechler was 143 - 24 - 3

Ignoring the "lost" year of 2011
Both schools have had 5 head coaches since their legends "retired".
Ohio State combined record for those 5 380 - 98 - 2 winning percentage of .792
Michigan combined record for those 5 261 - 117 - 3 winning percentage of .685

Ohio State for the last 3 hires 188 - 29 winning percentage of .866
Michigan for the last 3 hires 95 - 64 winning percentage of .597

You’ve heard of him?? That’s a scary thought. One of Ohio State’s all time greats!!
Have you heard of Chic Harley?
Do you know why Ohio Stadium was built?

What? Hopalong Cassidy was a football player? Or B-Ball player? I thought he was a tv serial cowboy like Roy Rogers.

Aren't I embarassed.

Nope. Recall I said his running mate
Bobby Watkins WAS his running mate as the other HB. He scored on a pass. QB Dave Leggett scored on a short run and 2nd string Halfback scored on a run.

thus, I am correct. The way you worded the question, the CORRECT answer was BOBBY WATKINS.

Hubert Bobo
The 1954 team was good. Back in those days Boy Scouts were the ushers at the Shoe. As a 14 year old scout I got to go usher at the Illinois game. From far above in the "bloody nose" section I got to watch that Buckeye backfield.
Edit My 80 year old brain is slipping. It was 1955 when they played at the Shoe. OSU was still good, but not as good as the year before.

Last edited:
The 1954 team was good. Back in those days Boy Scouts were the ushers at the Shoe. As a 14 year old scout I got to go usher at the Illinois game. From far above in the "bloody nose" section I got to watch that Buckeye backfield.
Edit My 80 year old brain is slipping. It was 1955 when they played at the Shoe. OSU was still good, but not as good as the year before.
My 78 year old brain is slipping so fast but I remember the Boy Scouts ushering in Ohio Stadium which I really thought was so neat. I had a football program dedicated to the Boy Scouts. Hop was my favorite.

They still usher.

Michigan has jettisoned defensive coordinator Don Brown:

Would seem to be a move that indicates Harbaugh will be back. I'd look for a few more assistants to be jettisoned as they have several expiring assistant contracts, and they'll have a revamped staff next year as Harbaugh either rolls through the last year of his current deal or gets a short-term incentive laden extension that helps set the table for UM to easily be rid of him if the program continues to perform poorly.

I re-call reading that none of the defensive coaches were tweeting during national signing day but the offensive coaches were. I know Michigan's defense has crapped the bed against OSU the last couple years but I'm shocked they decided to keep their trash offense and ditch their defense.

Harbaugh is gone. It’s been relayed to him he has until mid-January to line up an NFL job and go out that way, or be fired.

Harbaugh is gone. It’s been relayed to him he has until mid-January to line up an NFL job and go out that way, or be fired.
Says who? I’m afraid they are going to renew hi contract for 3 years at a much smaller salary and buyout.