Western Buckeye League 2021

Van Wert loses a lot compared to Kenton. Kenton is usually a top team where Van Wert is definitely a one year wonder-seeing as how they got lucky against my Redskins last year!
Yep, one year wonders that were 6-4 in 2019 and 9-3 in 2018. Got better as the year went on this year and got hot at the right time in the playoffs and thankfuly avoided Covid. They found a way to win every week which is what good teams do. Kenton loses top 3 WR's (who were also on defense), QB, and some OL. VW loses top 2 players which are obviously big losses but return all league RB, and the whole OL plus our other top 2 WR's return along with our H-back. Our QB more than likely will be our starting DE this past year who was a sophomore and an honorable mention all WBL. To say they suddenly drop that much is a little ludicrous.

Yep, one year wonders that were 6-4 in 2019 and 9-3 in 2018. Got better as the year went on this year and got hot at the right time in the playoffs and thankfuly avoided Covid. They found a way to win every week which is what good teams do. Kenton loses top 3 WR's (who were also on defense), QB, and some OL. VW loses top 2 players which are obviously big losses but return all league RB, and the whole OL plus our other top 2 WR's return along with our H-back. Our QB more than likely will be our starting DE this past year who was a sophomore and an honorable mention all WBL. To say they suddenly drop that much is a little ludicrous.
QB and DE. Interesting combo!

1 - Van Wert - Return everyone on both lines as well as several key skill players. They have clawed their way to the top the past few years and they deserve the top spot until someone takes it away from them.
2 - Wapak - Goulet will be the difference marker for their offense. They have been way too predictable and one dimensional the past few years, I think he will be able to give their offense what they need to get back on top. Plus, their defense is always tops in the league.
3 - St. Mary's - They continue to do what they do. Hinkle is a beast at running back.
4 - OG - They lose several very good players, but as always, they will find ways to win games.
5 - Elida - Definitely one of the most improved teams. That being said, it's possible they benefited from a very favorable schedule. They didn't have to play St. Mary's, Wapak or Kenton. Then they picked two teams with losing records. They need to prove that last year wasn't just a fluke. They have a very capable young QB, they should be fun to watch.
6 - Bath - Their defense continues to impress, but they continue to search for answers on offense. They have a very good young QB, if they can find something and stick with it, they could finally make a push to the top.
7 - Shawnee - Very impressed with their defense last season. Their offense needs some work, but if their defense can keep them in games, they have a chance.
8 - Kenton - Not sure what happened over there this year, but they seemed to play some very uninspired football this season. Everyone was very high on them last year, but they did not live up to expectations. They also lose everyone.... and I don't think their cupboards are very full.
9 - Defiance - The struggles continue. Hopefully they can get it figured out sooner than later.
10 - Celina - With the loss of Jones and Silliman, that leaves two huge holes in their offense that I don't know how they will replace.

I am not sold on Van Wert. They won a watered down division IV and didn't have to play any of the big boys that Wapak has had to face the last few years.

Those good Wapak teams that Moyer had would have easily beat all those teams.
Good for those teams in the past. VW beat who they had to this year and, not sure if you realize this, but they can't control what the other regions do/who makes it out of those. Sorry they got a state championship before Wapak did. If Wapak won a state championship I would be pumped for another WBL team to have gotten one.

I am not sold on Van Wert. They won a watered down division IV and didn't have to play any of the big boys that Wapak has had to face the last few years.

Lol what big boys? Alter and Trotwood, both of whom routinely took Wapak to the woodshed?

When you manage to at least win a regional title instead of choking in the playoffs, we'll talk. VW accomplished more this year than Wapak has in.....ever.

Lol what big boys? Alter and Trotwood, both of whom routinely took Wapak to the woodshed?

When you manage to at least win a regional title instead of choking in the playoffs, we'll talk. VW accomplished more this year than Wapak has in.....ever.
Weird how so many new posters (this dude literally joined a couple hours ago) on here just jump right in to conversations like this. Kinda funny.

Wapak has wasted more talent than any other league school

Weird how so many new posters (this dude literally joined a couple hours ago) on here just jump right in to conversations like this. Kinda funny.
Wapak has been the most consistent team in the WBL this decade, schools could only dream for that level of consistency.

I want to go on record to state I have nothing against Wapakoneta, but the sudden disrespect given to Van Wert is nauseating me.

So what Van Wert got lucky one year in a weak D4, would love to see how they do in D3
Division IV isn't weak, and for the record, Van Wert has played for a Division III Title, losing by a PAT in OT.

Face it, in postseason, Cougars have gotten the job done to the tune of 11-4 record in 5 appearances; a Title and Runner-up.

Wapak still looking for 1st Regional Title. But, there's hope: Tiffin Columbian, from my neck of the woods, finally got over the Regional hump. Perhaps Redskins can eventually do the same.

I could be wrong, but a handful in WBL have sights much higher than simply being consistent in WBL.
Anyone can be consistent in their own respective league.
True testament of a team and a league as a whole is how you perform outside of it, OOC and playoffs.

That is the true measuring stick.