Fenwick Football Coaching Search Thread

10 Inch Falcon

With George Moore likely on the way out who are some top candidates for the job? Fenwick is definitely an attractive job, and they've made some good hires in the past. Fred Cranford coming back, and bringing former star QB Austin Gearing with him to help coach the offense is certainly something that is gaining some buzz. Anybody hearing any other options?

Fenwick's program is in really bad shape right now. Baden is taking a lot of the feeder talent and in general is just a lot more organized program. Whoever goes to Fenwick has to know it is going to be really hard to win games for a couple seasons.

Fenwick's program is in really bad shape right now. Baden is taking a lot of the feeder talent and in general is just a lot more organized program. Whoever goes to Fenwick has to know it is going to be really hard to win games for a couple seasons.
Agreed. The new coach has to have experience running a program where you don't "recruit" but you "attract talent" like they do at all of the GCL schools. I know they have folks tied in with the program willing to provide benefits to kids/families necessary to win in 2020.

Not true at all. I am a much more credible source.
I'm absolutely not a credible source, all info i have is 2nd hand knowledge or rumors. But I get the impression he was the most qualified person that followed up on application process. He was/is clearly dedicated to the school and a great man, but that alone doesn't make him HEAD football coach material, but you have to pick the most qualified candidate offered to you. This graduating class was a fairly talented class. Returned 6-7 starters on both sides of the ball from a team that beat Alter, took Massie to the wire, and gave CJ a game after falling down 28 points as juniors. But they really were only competative in the Aiken and Elida games this year. Strange year, but should have had enough talent to go .500

Since you are a credible source, I'm guessing you know who they desperately want. Who they thought they could get or had last year. No way he leaves the GMC, for the Fenwick job unless they really pony up. I'm guessing a coordinator and teaching job pays a lot more at this school than what they would make at Fenwick. Maybe its different for him at this time of his life and that gives him a new perspective. You think it will happen Library55?

Last edited:
Got a word on who the hire will be. Fenwick is hiring former CHCA and New Albany head coach Mark Mueller. Resigned before 2019 season because of job change but stayed on as DC, for a Defense that really struggled but got better as the year went on. Spent last season out football to focus on watching son play last year so you would think he is rejunivated to get back into football and into a new challenge for him, the GCL. His offenses at CHCA always put up great numbers so it’ll be interesting to see how it translates. Word is he “will be recruiting and attracting as much talent as he can to Fenwick”. Very, very credible source. This will be announced very shortly.

Got a word on who the hire will be. Fenwick is hiring former CHCA and New Albany head coach Mark Mueller. Resigned before 2019 season because of job change but stayed on as DC, for a Defense that really struggled but got better as the year went on. Spent last season out football to focus on watching son play last year so you would think he is rejunivated to get back into football and into a new challenge for him, the GCL. His offenses at CHCA always put up great numbers so it’ll be interesting to see how it translates. Word is he “will be recruiting and attracting as much talent as he can to Fenwick”. Very, very credible source. This will be announced very shortly.
Solid Hire!

It's November 30, 2020

Nothing on Fenwick twitter (FenwickFootball) about a new Head Football Coach at Franklin Bishop Fenwick.

:);):love::p:unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

This would be a home run hire. Fenwick in the right hands can compete at a high level year in and year out.

This is not true at all...FAKE NEWS.

You can let Graham know he is in fact on the short list.
Not saying you guessed right, but you can eliminate one name off your list of 3. Guy has no interest now or in the near future of being a high school head coach. I’m telling you, look to the GMC. They wanted him last time, and want him this time An assistant coach, not head. $ will drive the discussion again. Is he worth what it will cost?

Not saying you guessed right, but you can eliminate one name off your list of 3. Guy has no interest now or in the near future of being a high school head coach. I’m telling you, look to the GMC. They wanted him last time, and want him this time An assistant coach, not head. $ will drive the discussion again. Is he worth what it will cost?
If we’re talking about the same guy I hope he would listen to fenwick. Sounds like they’re trying to make a financial commitment they haven’t been able to in the past ...I agree though it still might not be enough