• Sycamore (8-16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (7-16)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colerain (1-22)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Expected a blow-out In the Princeton-Moeller game. Moeller is not as good as I thought. Agree with earlier posters, mediocre guard play. Unless they improve, they will have a tough time in GCL play. Will get a better idea about the Crusaders after this weekend.

Vikes need to spread the ball more consistently. Don’t think Hardman can carry a team. He forces too many bad shots and at this point, doesn’t appear he can create his own shot in space. I hope he improves to uplift the team.

I don't think I'd go so far to say Moeller is going to struggle in GCL play. But I don't think they can win state with the guard play they are getting right now.

I disagree, I watched that game last night and Moe isn't as good as they have been in the past. I actually think Elder is the better team at this point. Moe has zero depth and guard play is just okay. Oak Hills is really struggling to score, if that continues it will be a problem for them.
If they are struggling to score the opposition will struggle to score. Is that not the way it works?

I disagree, I watched that game last night and Moe isn't as good as they have been in the past. I actually think Elder is the better team at this point. Moe has zero depth and guard play is just okay. Oak Hills is really struggling to score, if that continues it will be a problem for them.

Hasn't Oak Hills played one game? And it seems like they always end the year as one of the best defensive teams in the city, playing many low scoring games. Motion offense takes time to get going, specifically with new players playing together.

I just think people are putting too much into 1 or 2 games with these teams. It's too early to say Moeller isn't that good, It's been a weird off season for everyone. The front runners will show themselves in a couple weeks

Expected a blow-out In the Princeton-Moeller game. Moeller is not as good as I thought. Agree with earlier posters, mediocre guard play. Unless they improve, they will have a tough time in GCL play. Will get a better idea about the Crusaders after this weekend.

Vikes need to spread the ball more consistently. Don’t think Hardman can carry a team. He forces too many bad shots and at this point, doesn’t appear he can create his own shot in space. I hope he improves to uplift the team.

Again I think it's too early to say Hardman can't carry a team. He definitely struggled in the first half going 0 for 12, but got to the free throw line with 7 points. Second half he went 4 for 7 with 10 points finishing with 17 points. You are right that he has to become a threat at creating his own shot. But he has time to show that

I just think people are putting too much into 1 or 2 games with these teams. It's too early to say Moeller isn't that good, It's been a weird off season for everyone. The front runners will show themselves in a couple weeks

I don't think anyone is saying Moeller isn't a good team. They just aren't as good as the last two years.... right now.

Again I think it's too early to say Hardman can't carry a team. He definitely struggled in the first half going 0 for 12, but got to the free throw line with 7 points. Second half he went 4 for 7 with 10 points finishing with 17 points. You are right that he has to become a threat at creating his own shot. But he has time to show that
He might not be a 4 star player just yet , he didn’t show up last year against west in playoffs, still only a junior and he will get better as the season goes along , if he was getting to the rim and line against Moeller defense then he will be ok , 1st game and from my understanding he didn’t play in the scrimmages they had so maybe not familiar with the other starters and what they can do

My comment regarding Hardman was not based upon one game. The concerns I had about him last year, are still the same. Not trying to bash him, just observations. He forces shots and doesn’t have his feet set on many shots. I didn’t see him shooting off the dribble last year and he didn’t do it in the first game. I hope it was just a bad first game and he has improved. Vikes are not the biggest team and will have to make their shots count.

I’m high on Elder too and think they can beat Moe this year, but I don’t think Elder is the overall better team. They could beat them on a given night, but Moe has the better squad.

Does Elders depth make up for Moeller D1 talent? No. But honestly they only have to beat them once, and that’s in the tournament.

I’m high on Elder too and think they can beat Moe this year, but I don’t think Elder is the overall better team. They could beat them on a given night, but Moe has the better squad.

Does Elders depth make up for Moeller D1 talent? No. But honestly they only have to beat them once, and that’s in the tournament.
I think that is the least likely time that they can beat Moe. At the Pit, “any given night.”

Moeller is top dog until somebody beats them in Cincy. My point is that games are going to competitive this year when the last 3 years there was just nobody from Cincy that was going to beat them. Some of that is Moe has come back to the pack and some is that other schools have gotten better.

If they are struggling to score the opposition will struggle to score. Is that not the way it works?

I have no idea what you are trying to say.... I was high on Oak Hills with Satterfield and the big joining the team. It's early but they have struggled in scrimmages and against Turpin to score. That will get them another 16-6 type record (because of their D) and a loss in the sectional.

Is Chatterbox or anybody showing Hamilton games online this basketball season?
It doesn't look like chatterbox has an upcoming schedule. Watchhssports.tv does live broadcasts in the area. They covered Moeller/Princeton

I have no idea what you are trying to say.... I was high on Oak Hills with Satterfield and the big joining the team. It's early but they have struggled in scrimmages and against Turpin to score. That will get them another 16-6 type record (because of their D) and a loss in the sectional.
I was just making the general statement that if Oak Hills is low scoring then their defense is especially stingy. I was not attacking your statement. I have seen you around for a long time and just figured you would get it. Maybe I will change my name to a GCL name. How is XMarkstheSpot? Lol

Sycamore at Middletown tonight is postponed due to Middies having a positive test--also the Colerain game 12/11 and Oak Hills game on 12/15 have been postponed as well.

You can bet there are more to come!

My comment regarding Hardman was not based upon one game. The concerns I had about him last year, are still the same. Not trying to bash him, just observations. He forces shots and doesn’t have his feet set on many shots. I didn’t see him shooting off the dribble last year and he didn’t do it in the first game. I hope it was just a bad first game and he has improved. Vikes are not the biggest team and will have to make their shots count.
Didn’t take it as you was bashing him . We are both fans of the school

Game of interest for GMC..
Moe 66
SVSM 57
Why would this be a game of interest for the GMC in Dec???? Elder v Sycamore would probably be more of a game of interest ... With how Covid is moving with game cancelations I could see Elder playing a couple more GMC teams this year before a Moeller would .. Moeller schedule has a national schedule feel to it ... if you're talking State tournament I think it's way too early to be thinking about that so many things can happen between now and March

Why would this be a game of interest for the GMC in Dec???? Elder v Sycamore would probably be more of a game of interest ... With how Covid is moving with game cancelations I could see Elder playing a couple more GMC teams this year before a Moeller would .. Moeller schedule has a national schedule feel to it ... if you're talking State tournament I think it's way too early to be thinking about that so many things can happen between now and March
Furthermore only GMC team that could compete with these two teams would be East

Moeller would gladly play the top GMC teams but that would require the ADs and coaches of the GMC teams to get over their hatred for Moeller. That won’t happen anytime soon.