Walnut Hills 2021

RunTheTriple

What seems to be holding Walnut Hills back in football? Great academic school, talent is usually solid yet they barely go .500 most years. From the outside looking in it looks like a great job.

Any rumors on candidates for head football coaching job?
What seems to be holding Walnut Hills back in football? Great academic school, talent is usually solid yet they barely go .500 most years. From the outside looking in it looks like a great job.

Insane92- Kontsis? Ballhawk- remember Walnut Hills is in ECC. Winton Woods,Turpin,Kings have had pretty solid Football programs for a number of yrs.

Walnut fired Kontsis, even though he was the only coach to take Walnut to the playoffs. They aren't going to bring him back on as the head coach, even though I believe he still teaches PE at Walnut.

Walnut Hills will have a random year here and there by no way they consistently win in that conference. GREAT academic school, you do not want to challenge their Academic Quiz Team, trust me ;)
Can confirm: I've read for them, and LM, at the state championship tournament. Smart kids!

No just a name I heard floating around
I don't know why anyone would take him seriously. He won 3 games his first year only because he brought his QB Ingram over from Woodward. He then only won 1 game this past year, playing a horribly weak schedule.

Because he is not a good coach is probably reason #1.
Not to be "political" but he openly professes his strong religious beliefs, not sure how that may play out at Walnut Hills. Pretty liberal school from what I understand, may not sit well. Just an opinion

What about the Coach from West High or Gamble? They played in the Finals of the “Virus City Championship Tournament.”

While Walnut is a great academic school, it is still CPS and their Athletic Dept. is an absolute dumpster fire to put it as nicely as possible. Who hires an outside agency to run athletics and expects it to go smoothly? Also, the head coach's stipend is nothing compared to other districts, it's only 5198. Nobody is eager to get that little bit of extra cash to put up with the CPS bull crap and where there are too many people with their own agendas not letting you run your program the way you want it run ~ District AD, School AD who is employed by Activities Beyond the Classroom, School Administration, and District Administration, and the extremely involved Alumni Association all have their hands in the pot and are all trying to pull puppet strings. I'm just saying, Walnut is not as good of a job as people from the outside think it is. Plus, good luck getting a teaching job there since all teaching jobs have to be posted for internal CPS transfers first.

Pflug not a good coach? Let’s see I believe he is 47-19 as an HC which is a 0.712 win percent. This at schools where everybody posted you can’t win at. Where coaches who many praise on this site have coached at and didn’t win. Where kids who have graduated and went to college still keep in touch with him and ask for his mentor ship. But sure...not a good coach. If that doesn’t describe a good coach, maybe some of you rocket scientists can help me understand what is. Clearly I’m not that smart.

Pflug not a good coach? Let’s see I believe he is 47-19 as an HC which is a 0.712 win percent. This at schools where everybody posted you can’t win at. Where coaches who many praise on this site have coached at and didn’t win. Where kids who have graduated and went to college still keep in touch with him and ask for his mentor ship. But sure...not a good coach. If that doesn’t describe a good coach, maybe some of you rocket scientists can help me understand what is. Clearly I’m not that smart.
If he was a good coach, he would have gotten that better opportunity. He has applied for about every single opening in SW Ohio over the past 7 or so years, even when he was at Aiken, he had 1 foot out the door the entire time he was there. That is not good when you are clearly not all in; it's a big charade of sliminess. As I have said many times on here, it isn't always about wins. And if he was such a great mentor, the college kids should be fairly self-sufficient by now and shouldn't need to keep asking for his guidance.

How about he actually stops trying to jump ship for literally ANY opportunity available.

If he was a good coach, he would have gotten that better opportunity. He has applied for about every single opening in SW Ohio over the past 7 or so years, even when he was at Aiken, he had 1 foot out the door the entire time he was there. That is not good when you are clearly not all in; it's a big charade of sliminess. As I have said many times on here, it isn't always about wins. And if he was such a great mentor, the college kids should be fairly self-sufficient by now and shouldn't need to keep asking for his guidance.

How about he actually stops trying to jump ship for literally ANY opportunity available.
Let’s see, as for kids and mentors, I’m a senior exec in Logistics and still have mentors. So you view that as a dig against the influence of the kids he’s coached? I disagree with that perspective. Some of the best leaders have mentors. The real question is every time Pflug’s name pops up your all in his posting negative stuff. I’ve seen you dog him before. Why? Jealous? Insecure? Are you a coach who he dropped 50 on and embarrassed you? Is that why you hide behind a fake name? If you have an issue with dude why not confront make yourself known and give him a call. I’ll put you in touch with him.

Let’s see, as for kids and mentors, I’m a senior exec in Logistics and still have mentors. So you view that as a dig against the influence of the kids he’s coached? I disagree with that perspective. Some of the best leaders have mentors. The real question is every time Pflug’s name pops up your all in his posting negative stuff. I’ve seen you dog him before. Why? Jealous? Insecure? Are you a coach who he dropped 50 on and embarrassed you? Is that why you hide behind a fake name? If you have an issue with dude why not confront make yourself known and give him a call. I’ll put you in touch with him.
Ok, lets go through this piece by piece.
1. As a coach and educator, I always wanted my students and players to become completely self sufficient. If they are calling me consistently for "mentorship advise" after they have graduated, I have failed them. If they are calling to just stay in touch that's great.

2. I dog Pflug because he is a joke. What do I have to be jealous of? I have coached against him in the past, and didn't lose.

3. I have spoken to Pflug in person numerous times. He knows I am not a fan of his non-commitment and complete phoniness.

Sorry you have a problem with people you seem to hold dear, but the guy is a complete clown that just wants his name out there whenever possible. He is just an attention seeking ego that simply is not a good football coach. What program did he leave in better shape than when he took over?

Again, it may not be pretty, but I call them like I see them, sorry you are butt-hurt for someone else.

1). I do agree that we should be mentoring these young men to be self sufficient. But as they go through college and enter the workforce there are new experiences they will encounter that many never knew existed. Thus the need to reach out. It’s part of growth.

2). Glad you coached against him and say you didn’t lose. Who are you?

3). Since you coached against him you are not on the inside of his perspectives so the phoniness part is perception. Which is fine, but wrong. Many of the places he has interviewed for have reached out to him. Very few were ones he initiated. If he lost out in the interview then so be it. That doesn’t mean that while he has been at each school he wasn’t all in. Giving kids rides everywhere, taking them on college visits, feeding kids out of his own pocket because they couldn’t get a good meal at home, etc.But hey that’s phony right?

Lastly, yes I do know Pflug. Yes he is a friend. No I’m not butt hurt because if somebody talking . What irritates me is people who hide behind a keyboard and claim to know someone because of their own miss placed perception. If the bitch was legit, I would applaud you. But you simply are wrong about the man.To be fair, I also criticize him when he needs it. I’ve called him out on BS when it was warranted. That’s integrity in any relationship. I keep it real. Maybe you’ll continue your rant and keep trying to drag the man through the mud. But if the only reason you don’t like him is because you perceive he lacks commitment, That’s pretty shallow.