2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

From Schefter:

Ravens players were told today by their HC John Harbaugh that, for everyone’s safety, they will not be allowed back in the training facility until Monday at the earliest, sources tell ESPN. Ravens are scheduled to play Steelers on Sunday, so that game doesn’t seem possible.

Playing Tuesday now!
What a mess. No guarantee they play even then but if the Ravens have enough players to field a team they should be forced to play or forfeit. The players union will find a way to be sure at least the Steelers get paid.

What a mess. No guarantee they play even then but if the Ravens have enough players to field a team they should be forced to play or forfeit. The players union will find a way to be sure at least the Steelers get paid.

Agreed. If they're not going to follow the protocols and the availability of the team is compromised, they should suffer some consequence not be accommodated.

I agree. This is why they have practice players. Bring them up for the game. I see both of the Ravens centers got the 'rona. I'm sure some other lineman played center at some level. If not, I'm sure they can sign some free agent somewhere. Putting an inferior product on the field is better than putting no product out there.
Although the threat of forfeiting and getting guys disciplined like the Ravens strength coach should scare the bejeezus out of other organizations. This guy is the prime reason there should be 100% compliance and accountability with everyone in an organization.

Putting players who have not been prepared to play the position is dangerous and the NFLPA would never go along with that. Forfeit the game and set a hard and fast rule about the criteria for forfeit.

Putting players who have not been prepared to play the position is dangerous and the NFLPA would never go along with that. Forfeit the game and set a hard and fast rule about the criteria for forfeit.
Forcing teams to play with 4 days rest between games is also dangerous. I say if a team had 40 active roster players they should have to suit up and play. Practice squad rosters were increased this season for exactly this reason.

Should move the Steelers game to Monday night. Not sure why the Ravens are the only team being catered to in this situation

Forcing teams to play with 4 days rest between games is also dangerous. I say if a team had 40 active roster players they should have to suit up and play. Practice squad rosters were increased this season for exactly this reason.

So, if there is no one with experience at center, the team should put just anybody in to fill the position? No, if the game has to be postponed twice and there are not trained position players to fill in, then it should be a forfeit.

So, if there is no one with experience at center, the team should put just anybody in to fill the position? No, if the game has to be postponed twice and there are not trained position players to fill in, then it should be a forfeit.
In the scenario your describing that should be up to the Ravens to decide if they are comfortable with an inexperienced center no? My guess is they would rather play then forfeit,these are professionals after all.

Conner tested positive. Definitely a different tone he being a cancer survivor. One of those high risk individuals. No telling how his immune system will hold up.

I figure if they play, Snell gets the majority of the carries. Would like to see McFarland more involved

The Ravens get this game moved but the Broncos have to play Sunday without a QB on the roster. How can the NFLPA or NFL allow one to go with depleted rosters and not the other.

But there has to be some centers somewhere. A recently retired center, an all Sun Belt college center that was cut just before the season, other practice squad centers on other rosters. It isn't ideal, but hardly dangerous per se.

But there has to be some centers somewhere. A recently retired center, an all Sun Belt college center that was cut just before the season, other practice squad centers on other rosters. It isn't ideal, but hardly dangerous per se.
Good point. I believe in a recent game, Tampa? The announcers said the center had never played that position before.

I was curious what the Vegas line was on tomorrow’s game since the Ravens are apparently more Covided then the Steelers. Line was 4.5 on Thanksgiving it’s now Steelers -10. Not sure which way I’d go with that line. My feeling it that if the Steelers don’t F around too much they probably win 28-14 or similar score.

Yes, but under the league's COVID protocol, there is a 6-day waiting period before a player signed off the street can enter a team's facility.

If I was a Steeler fan, the postponement stinks for what it means for next week's preparations, but getting to face the Ravens without Lamar Jackson isn't a bad consolation prize. If the game had gone on as scheduled on Thurs, he'd have been playing.

If this outbreak was due to a blatant violation of COVID protocols, I wonder how hard the league could come down on Baltimore. They just fined New Orleans $500k and stripped them of a draft pick for a maskless postgame locker room celebration.

Yes, but under the league's COVID protocol, there is a 6-day waiting period before a player signed off the street can enter a team's facility.

If I was a Steeler fan, the postponement stinks for what it means for next week's preparations, but getting to face the Ravens without Lamar Jackson isn't a bad consolation prize. If the game had gone on as scheduled on Thurs, he'd have been playing.

If this outbreak was due to a blatant violation of COVID protocols, I wonder how hard the league could come down on Baltimore. They just fined New Orleans $500k and stripped them of a draft pick for a maskless postgame locker room celebration.
I don’t think Lamar was ever playing on Thursday. He was one of the first to be diagnosed.

Starting to believe the leagues unwilling ness to postpone games is de facto punishment for presumid lack of team and institutional control. Granted, some cannot be avoided but maybe league looks at it as of teams follow all the protocol then it should not get bad.

Or....a virus will just do what a virist does and there is not much ya can do to stop it....

Starting to believe the leagues unwilling ness to postpone games is de facto punishment for presumid lack of team and institutional control. Granted, some cannot be avoided but maybe league looks at it as of teams follow all the protocol then it should not get bad.

Or....a virus will just do what a virist does and there is not much ya can do to stop it....
Read today NFL is talking about a playoff bubble. Teams would quarantine in their cities. Might work. Maybe they should consider starting it now.

Read today NFL is talking about a playoff bubble. Teams would quarantine in their cities. Might work. Maybe they should consider starting it now.
Likely smart of the playoffs. I am unsure how strict the teams can get without NFLPA approval right now. I would think those teams in serious contention should be going above and beyond due diligence.

Thanks for the 6 day covid policy info. I wasn't aware of that. And I think the league is starting to really crack the whip on protocol violations. I think no one paid the price as much as Denver. Playing with a practice squad WR who couldn't cut it as a QB at wake forest is worse than any monetary punishment. Granted Denver isnt exactly in the middle of the playoff hunt, but what if they were? Imagine that happening to a team week 17 who is on the playoff bubble

Likely smart of the playoffs. I am unsure how strict the teams can get without NFLPA approval right now. I would think those teams in serious contention should be going above and beyond due diligence.
The more I think about it that’s not going to work for the Xmas season and 2 months away from civilization isn’t going to fly either. Maybe 4 weeks in mid Jan-Feb will be acceptable And it would really only be 4 weeks for 2 teams.